Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Darth Vader question ??

Darth Vader question ??

Hey guys so I finished reading Darth Plaguies a while ago and I just thought of this question how come Vader didn't try and heal himself using the force ? I mean Plaguies was able to increase his medichlorian count and make his skin almost brand new let alone growing back flesh on his face. So how come Vader never tried to do this ? Did it even occur to him to try and influence the midichlorians ? I mean I think he could easily of at least heal his lungs since he was still pretty damn powerful can anyone help me with this thanks guys.
    "After a thousand years, Korriban is ours again." - Darth Malgus

Banned

^
    Vader did try healing himself and actually tried to teach himself how to breath again. Who knows, had he been able to concentrate on it instead of chasing those pesky rebel kids all over the galaxy.....
    EnigmaticOne and JediMerc like this.

3. Thanks from: EnigmaticOne

Most books when they talk about Sith, they say healing is a Jedi thing and don't focus on that aspect of the Force since there is better things to do. Who knows, maybe that line is just a cop out

Banned

most of the Eliminated Universe is a cop out.

didnt know he tried to heal himself but i guess it does make sense that he does try. Yes Krayt healing is a jedi thing but then again if you are as but Vader couldnt be healed completely but he could of just healed his lungs and try to influence the middichlorians to raise his force sensitivity i mean i would that if i was Vader. Did he try to design his own prosthetics ? since in Dark Lord the rise of Darth Vader he was complaining about them and said he wanted to do some modifications to the suit did he end up doing this ? I think if he could of healed his lungs and some of his other internals and raised his force sensitivity and not to mention modified his prosthetics i think he could of easily taken down the emperor.

I can't remember where I heard this, but the explanation I heard is that Vader could theoretically heal himself but since he's gone all dark side, he needs hatred and anger to fuel his power, and the relief that healing brings negates that power, making it essentially useless. It's a completely stupid explanation, but apparently it exists somewhere in the EU.

Personally I find the Force healing explanations somewhat hokey, especially among Sith. When you have things like Darth Sion and Darth Maul basically using the Force to keep themselves alive, it immediately brings up the question of why Vader needs this extensive life support system. Sion is especially ludicrous because he'll literally fall apart if he stops hating. In any other franchise, this would be an interesting idea. In a franchise like this, it stretches credibility to the point of being ridiculous. At the very least, Maul's condition is something that's technically survivable (even if it's something that should still require an assload of medical treatment). I think the most simple explanation for why Vader can't magically fix himself is "because that's not something you can really do."
    Reader: Guys, enough with the Obi-Wans. Can we get a new cantina alien instead?
    Hasbro: Thanks for the comment! We can't get enough Obi-Wan either! We just might make that Cantina Obi-Wan you want! Stay tuned!

I think if you look at why Vader can't fix himself you are looking too much into things and just enjoy what you have infront of you instead of trying to understand all the little details.

What was Vader doing in the "Meditation Chamber"? I thought I read in Shadows or somewhere that Vader would try to go longer and longer periods without his breathing apperatus, etc., ie. attempting to heal himself with poor success. Hmm, I wonder if the Emporer was somehow using his powers to prevent Vaders healing? Fun to think about stuff

Not sure why I like thinking about this stuff I guess just because it helps me understand the EU a bit more I know Vader was meant to feel pain and anger but he still could of if he healed himself a bit more even if he just healed what was left of his body he would still be a menacing Sith Lord but I dunno it's just me I guess. I have read that the Dark side kills those who can't wield it properly to quote the prophets of the Dark side "Vader was to much of a Jedi to fully give himself over to the Dark side" I guess this is why I always haven't found Vader that powerful and prefer people like Malgus and Bane

The problem with the EU is that it's full of inconsistencies and things that seem to make sense at first, but don't really hold up under scrutiny. Force powers seem to be among them, especially Force abilities that come from video games. I'm sad to say I've seen people honestly arguing video game logic within the movies, like explaining that characters can't use a certain move because their "Force meter" is running low.
    Reader: Guys, enough with the Obi-Wans. Can we get a new cantina alien instead?
    Hasbro: Thanks for the comment! We can't get enough Obi-Wan either! We just might make that Cantina Obi-Wan you want! Stay tuned!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast