Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCU Wave 2 - Figs you want and what you think will actually be produced

MCU Wave 2 - Figs you want and what you think will actually be produced

Bit too early I know but with the release of pics of Man of Steel protoype figs, my mind has turned to wishlists/art of the possible:

So, feel free to chip in but as a starter:

Iron Man 3

Would like to see - MkVII/MKVIII or whatever the latest version of the armour is, Mandarin, Pepper Potts (Rescue armour with alternative unmasked head), unmasked Tony either in IM suit or Civvies, Mandarin, War Machine (new sculpt), IM (whichever is the Cap version of the armour).

Likely to get - multiples repaints of the Avengers Movie version of IM, Pepper Potts (armoured version, no alternative head sculpt), War Machine (IM2 version with a repaint), Mandarin (in the impossible to find Wave 4). Oh, and lots of figs on Bikes. All articulation will be on a par with the Avengers figs.

Thor 2

Would like to see - a definitive Thor both with and without helmet, Jane Foster, Selvig, new sculpt Sif, new sculpt (i.e. Bigger) Volstagg, Odin with helmet, Loki (removeable helmet), new sculpt Fandral (now being played by the Guy from Chuck), Darcy, SA Heimdall, Malekith, generic Asgardian Warrior, generic Dark Elf (both as army builders). A small Comic wave.

Likely to get - Thor repaints (multiples), Odin, Loki, Sif, Fandral and Heimdall re-paints, King Loki (re-release of the first hard to find version), generic Dark Elf, Malekith (Wave 4). Articulation again on a par with the Avengers unless re-paints of original figs. No Comic wave!

Captain America 2

Would like to see - a definitive Movie version (hope they give the costume design a new helmet/cowl), Falcon, Sharon Carter, Maria Hill (SDCC re-release), Crossbones, Black Widow (new headsculpt), Fury (new sculpt), Whoever the main villain is (Zemo?), generic SHIELD Agent.

Likely to get -New Cap, repaints of Fury, Widow and Crossbones, New Main Villain (Zemo?), Sharon Carter (new head on the Widow body), no Maria Hill or SHIELD Agent, Falcon. Articulation same as Avengers figs.

Oh, and each figure will come with an oversized accessory that even kids throw away.

Fleet Admiral

I assume you mean the Iron Patriot armor? Which you listed twice?

I'm hoping for the new Iron Man, a Tony, Mandarin, Firepower, Coldblood, IP, and a Pepper. Any Pepper. Don't expect any of it though.

I'm sure they'll do a new sculpt, or actually several, of all the title heroes.

The new Cap costume is probably going to be more SHIELDy, and thus an all new sculpt. Thor's costume is different once again, and can't be kitbashed.

While I enjoy the pessimism, I think you're only half right. They actually do more new sculpts than you lead on. The Avengers line was actually all new sculpts. They even did a new sculpt of the armor they did two versions of for Iron Man 2. Black Widow even had a whole new sculpt, with the IM2 one apparently being utterly shelved.

So, I think they'll have limited characters, but what they do put out will be new at least, aside from any vehicle pack-ins and deluxe figures.
    Formerly Ruadh.

As it stands right now my most wanted are Tony(civilian attire), Pepper(civilian attire) & Rescue Armor, Agent Coulson!!!

Stuff I wouldn't mind seeing Baron Zemo, Maria Hill(movie Accurate), Sharon Carter, Executioner, Valkyrie, Balder, some other comic versions.

Would also be nice if they try to get Heimdall Sif etc. out so that those who couldn't get them the first time, can.

Yeah I expect Fandral to be all new since he was recast, the others will probably just get repainted unless they are in different outfits this time out.
    I'd assume we'd also get Tyr?

Generic warriors of any affiliation would be nice, good or bad.
    Looking for: MU Northstar. Falcon from CA2. Have: MU Captain America, Grim Reaper, Hyperion, WW Hulk.

Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Fleet Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    As it stands right now my most wanted are Tony(civilian attire), Pepper(civilian attire) & Rescue Armor, Agent Coulson!!!

Stuff I wouldn't mind seeing Baron Zemo, Maria Hill(movie Accurate), Sharon Carter, Executioner, Valkyrie, Balder, some other comic versions.

Would also be nice if they try to get Heimdall Sif etc. out so that those who couldn't get them the first time, can.

Yeah I expect Fandral to be all new since he was recast, the others will probably just get repainted unless they are in different outfits this time out.
    I'd assume we'd also get Tyr?

Generic warriors of any affiliation would be nice, good or bad.
    I will be happy if they do all those too, but I'm kinda getting a feeling, based entirely on Avengers, that they're not going to have the scope that Thor had originally. I don't expect Sif, Heimdall, or any of the warriors 3...maybe they will, who knows. But I kinda just expect Thor, Odin, Thor, Loki, Thor, maybe Tyr, Thor, Malekith, Thor, maybe Kurse, Thor, a Dark Elf, and Thor.

I'm also REALLY hoping they don't do individual lines anymore, with so many movies coming out a year now, and just do an overall MCU. It'd be a really nice way to release all the big ones, but also fit in people like Coulson, or the occasion Jane Foster or Pepper here and there. Obviously not getting totally nuts like Star Wars and releasing figures of background Asgardians, but following the Star Wars mold just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit more would really be great. And probably the only way to get figures like General Ross, Banner, and some of the Howling Commandos. The card could be sorta like the MU ones, with the overall line's name being prominent, but then have a major showcase on the bubble of what movie they're from (so things like Iron Man 3 and Spiderman 2 have a solid impact on non-collectors).
    Last edited by Spratchmonkey; 12-01-2012 at 07:28 AM.
    Formerly Ruadh.

Rear Admiral

Don't forget about Fox's MU with The Wolverine released next year. So we will be getting Silver Samurai and possibly a Jean Grey as seen in the movie, but It's guess work after those.

Hopefully we'll get some movie A.I.M troops from IM3, I can't See Hasbro being brave enough to release 7 Rings terrorists figs.
    Nobody NEEDS any of this stuff, you only WANT them.
    And there's nothing wrong with that.

Fleet Admiral

Right, so actually four Marvel movies next year, and four the next with X-Men, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Spiderman.

So an overall line would really be nice. And with Hulk not appearing in any movies for at least 2 and a half more years, it'd be a way to keep putting the character on pegs. Same with Cap and Iron Man, which they clearly love to do.

And also like you were saying with X-Men...having an overall line would be a nice way to finally get some First Class figures, as well as some 4 inch versions of characters from the first three X-Men movies.
    Formerly Ruadh.

Some pretty good suggestions all round (some of you know how desparate I am for an official Phil Coulson figure).

Hasbro appeared to underestimate the interest the Avenger line generated - would like to see them do better for the next few movies!!!

Well IMO Avengers was the movie they should have went all out on character depth, it's the only Team to have just about every Marvel character at one time or another.

So it should be the flagship of the AF lines.
    And as for not releasing a line for each movie, I think they like the marketing of it. Free advertisement for the figures, whereas MU or even Avengers can't really be marketed towards X-Men 1st Class, X-MenOFP, The Wolverine, etc.
    They need to capitalize on the movie title to help generate sales, so maybe it would be fine for just the main cast.

Then have MU or Avengers Assemble line pick up the other characters, Comic and Movie versions.
    Looking for: MU Northstar. Falcon from CA2. Have: MU Captain America, Grim Reaper, Hyperion, WW Hulk.

Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Fleet Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by SITHLORD1963 View Post
    Some pretty good suggestions all round (some of you know how desparate I am for an official Phil Coulson figure).

Hasbro appeared to underestimate the interest the Avenger line generated - would like to see them do better for the next few movies!!!
    Well, I'm in the same boat. I'd even buy a Happy figure, and even Darcy etc. And certainly Betty, and both Banners, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Well IMO Avengers was the movie they should have went all out on character depth, it's the only Team to have just about every Marvel character at one time or another.
    Totally....maybe in 2015 they'll go all out, and maybe even catch up on some missing characters from this last line.

But I get what you're saying with the marketing/figure line, but it's not that big of an issue. Look at the TVC star wars cards, or some of the older lines even, and there's a unifying design, but each film IS easily distinguished.

To me, it's just a way of having a throughline with the figures. When the Iron Man 3 craze dies down, the line continues on but with Wolverine 2 waves shipping.

It's not a perfect idea, but...I'm really trying to think of ways to sneak in figures for Coulson etc. Maria Hill can be included in the Cap 2 line, but Coulson....UNLESS they do a line for the SHIELD show, which is something I really hope for but seriously doubt will happen.

But given that the nature of that show seems like it'll be kinda a hero -of-the-week way of introducing lots of new heroes who will never be able to carry an entire movie, maybe a SHIELD line could be a sort of catch-all like what I'm looking for. Maybe a "concept" series for that line could include any big heroes/villains that don't actually appear. Like the Leader, General Ross, etc.
    Last edited by Spratchmonkey; 12-01-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    Formerly Ruadh.

High Admiral

Nothing short of Agent Phil Coulson will be acceptable. Now that he'll be starring in his own television series, they simply must make him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast