Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Star Wars Angry Birds

Star Wars Angry Birds

Rebelscum just linked to this page on Idle Hands about the new Angry Birds/Star Wars mashup that's coming out. My son will be over the moon. I'm mostly just hoping they'll make some Jabba-related characters, but I'm actually liking the looks of many of the products shown.

I'm looking forward to the app in particular. Should be good fun.
    Last edited by icruise; 10-06-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    karnorjax likes this.

It does look like a rather fun licence. I'll get the app, but unless there are Millennium Falcon related releases, I'll not get the toys. I would imagine some Jabba stuff will be released. A Gamorrean Guard surely?

GNT

Star Wars has officially sold out :p I think they'll mostly stic to board game type of toys but who knows. Interesting but I have no interest in the game etc.

I have a bad feeling about this.
    Jay_the_Lesser likes this.
    Good Soldiers Follow Orders Good Soldiers Follow Orders

I feel the hate flowing through me....

Pathetic sell-out cash-grab. Lowest LFL act to date.
    Am I the only Scummer who thinks that everything about Rebels so far is HORRIBLE ?

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    I feel the hate flowing through me....

Pathetic sell-out cash-grab. Lowest LFL act to date.
    Agreed. This is another grab at people's wallets. Lucasfilm Licensing doing whatever they can to keep Star Wars relevant even if it means attaching their name to this sh**.
    Dear Disney, if you want to bring back the SW Fan Club -contact me.

I think you guys are really overreacting. LFL has always been about the "cash grab" ever since vintage days, but these seem well done and well thought out. Who can say no to a Death Star that's a giant pig? They're mostly not targeted at adult collectors, but judging by my son's reaction, these will be very popular.

If this were an actual app, I'd understand. But this is just a dumb crossover for dumb crossovers sake. The merchandise shown so far looks like complete crap.
    Give us more astromechs, Hasbro!!!

EmperorPalpitate Feedback Thread

I actually like the Pig Death Star....
    You guys talk about Star Wars selling out, but look at the merchandise that has been going on for years. Mixing the two licenses is actually quite interesting and it's a huge help to Angry Birds since it seemed to be dying off. If you don't like it, don't buy it but really it wasn't targetted at us to begin with but it has interested me. Something else Star Wars related to have around the house is never a bad thing in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorPalpitate View Post
    If this were an actual app, I'd understand. But this is just a dumb crossover for dumb crossovers sake. The merchandise shown so far looks like complete crap.
    There is going to be an app. The box says "based on the app" right on it, and I mention the app in the first post...
    Last edited by icruise; 10-07-2012 at 09:46 AM.
    karnorjax likes this.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast