Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revenge of The Jedi Posters - 1 in sealed box, 1 out of box

Midshipman

Revenge of The Jedi Posters - 1 in sealed box, 1 out of box

Hello fellow fans. I was wondering if anyone knew what the value or would like to purchase my Revenge of the Jedi posters. I purchased those from the Fan Club back in
    March of 1983. One is still sealed in the original shipping container and the other is opened but never used.

The Fan Club Revenge posters aren't as desirable as the undated version that's floating around out there. So that effects the value, but having the original shipping containers certainly helps in authenticating the poster. The Revenge poster is one of the most faked posters out there, so it's a good bonus that you have the original shipping containers.

Either way, they are very cool items and are quite valuable. The one I bought a few years ago, also came in its original shipping container and I paid around $500 for it. The one you have looks to be slightly bent from being rolled, but it should flatten out behind a frame, etc. I think you could easily expect to get $450-$500 for it.

The other one that is still sealed is interesting because it's still sealed. But I don't think you'd get any more or less for it. People want the poster itself, especially to display, so I'm not really sure what the market would be like for that.

That's just my opinion on it. There are other way more knowledgeable poster collectors on here that will hopefully chime in.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 10-04-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    Looking for: Rebel Commando & Endor Forest Ranger pre-production items, vintage Star Wars toothbrushes, and, yes, Jar Jar pre-production items.
    Check out: Vintage Dental Health

Midshipman

You are a great writer. Please keep it up
    (Non relevant link removed)
    Last edited by Michael_Ritter; 10-05-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: non relevant link

Fleet Admiral

is that spam ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnbant View Post
    You are a great writer. Please keep it up
    (Non relevant link removed)
    Not sure what you were trying to accomplish but please stop. Do not post links that have nothing to do with the current topic. Consider this your warning.

Mike
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    Looking for SWS.com's Vader's Trap print #14
    Looking for R2 Prototypes MOC's & Cobot too! Also Droids R2 Original Art

Grand Moff

I don't think you'll get any more for the poster in that is still sealed. Like the above guy said, a collector wants the poster not the box.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away.
    http://nssrolled.smugmug.com/ for the most high res poster pictures on the web!

What is the measurement on that? Is it the standard poster size (24x36) or is it movie poster size (42x26 or there abouts)?
    My collection
    Need High Grade Offerless ROTJ 65 Backs: Ugnaught, Jawa, Hoth Rebel Soldier - 77 backs: FX-7, Luke Bespin, Orig Leia
    Follow the 'Chive Cast on Twitter

Midshipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro12345 View Post
    What is the measurement on that? Is it the standard poster size (24x36) or is it movie poster size (42x26 or there abouts)?

Standard Movie poster size.

•    
    I'm spent this month but might be interested in one of these in the future. PM me when you have a moment?

Midshipman

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    The other one that is still sealed is interesting because it's still sealed. But I don't think you'd get any more or less for it. People want the poster itself, especially to display, so I'm not really sure what the market would be like for that.

That's just my opinion on it. There are other way more knowledgeable poster collectors on here that will hopefully chime in.
    I was thinking that it might be more valuable due to the fact that it has not seen the light of day since 1983. The colors and the print itself should look awesome. What do you think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast