View Poll Results: Which scaled helmet should Gentle Giant make next?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tie Fighter Pilot

28 19.05%
  • AT-AT Driver

36 24.49%
  • Scout Trooper

19 12.93%
  • Leia's Boushh Disguise

12 8.16%
  • Royal Guard

11 7.48%
  • Imperial Gunner

5 3.40%
  • Clone Trooper (Phase I)

12 8.16%
  • Y-Wing Pilot

7 4.76%
  • Airborne Trooper

14 9.52%
  • Lando's Skiff Guard

3 2.04%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Gentle Giant .45 Scale Helmet Poll

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntledjawa View Post
    Thanks Kev. More x-wings would have made me jump for joy but other characters need love too.
    They do indeed..., hopefully they'll start up a whole line of scaled helmets eventually, then you'll hopefully get your X-Wing helmets but for now I think your doing a pretty good job with customising the Luke helmets.
    disgruntledjawa likes this.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Voted now lets hope the powers that be are listening and getting there sculpting tools out

AT-AT Driver helmet
    COLLECTION
    FEEDBACK

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    AT-AT Driver helmet
    I went for the Tie Fighter Pilot myself..., afterwards I did wonder why I didn't pick the AT AT Driver seeing as I go on so much about wanting one, never mind but needless to say I'm happy to see it's getting plenty of votes.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

I voted for the Tie Fighter Pilot helmet ...

Being a collector of scaled helmets since Riddell first offered these, and being the Tie Fighter Pilot the one helmet scrapped in its final production sample stage because of sales not being what Riddell hoped, I've been looking for years to see this helmet turn into a reality. Even its name appeared as part of the list of helmets included on the information request card for future releases that was inserted in the boxes produced by Riddell.

Six years ago while doing Visual Guides for another website, I had the opportunity of interviewing Chris Reiff the helmets' designer, and in his own words he had this comment to make :

" The Tie Fighter Pilot helmet was very close to going into production and got the plug pulled on it at the very last minute. I would have loved to see the line continue! "

Only 6 painted prototype copies of the TIE Fighter Pilot helmets were ever produced to be submitted for approval, just before the Line was axed. Even the Tech Sheet or blueprint (see actual TIE Fighter Pilot helmet blueprint I posted below) showing interior components of the helmet was actually printed; one can clearly notice the attention to detail in its complex internal mechanics. This small stock, was never made available for purchase. Chris had this to say as well:

" ... none of them are in the hands of private collectors. One is on loan to a friend for his museum of Star Wars product. The other 5 remain secured. "

I'd love for Gentle Giant to continue the tradition Riddell started ( unlike MR and previous GG Vader's ), offering take apart features and intricate details inside and out of each helmet. Here are some pictures I worked on of the never released Tie Fighter Pilot helmet. Hopefully this time around it will see a release ...

"The best Star Wars collection isn't the one with the biggest or most expensive items, but the one holding a special meaning to the collector." - Steve Sansweet

My Feedback

•    
    I'd have liked for this one to have been made too (Tie Fighter Pilot)..., seeing as a few were made maybe it'd be the easiest to start with as I'm sure Gentle Giant could get the specs for it easily enough, they got the Boba Fett (Jango Fett) & Darth Vader helmets after all.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

I knew about the proto TIE Fighter Riddell: Detailed Pictures and Reviews

BTW are you J.H. Betancurt seen in the link above?
    COLLECTION
    FEEDBACK

Thats just a horrible tease showing us those picture ha ha ha

The interior of the Imperial helmets is identical even to the clones. So this TIE Fighter Pilot seems to have the same interior. In SW the AT-AT Driver helmet was a modified TIE Pilot with new black paint and some different greeblies (some known, some still unknown). I already have a 1:1 TIE Pilot and AT-AT Driver helmets and they are great. The Riddell and in this case Gentle Giant scaled helmets are very cool but their accuracy is not there for the scale, and I don't mean the bumps and warts but the overall shape of the helmet - there are symmetrical helmets that look quite cool. Just look at the scaled Stormtrooper helmet and you'll see what I mean. They are still very cool for what they were!
    COLLECTION
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    I knew about the proto TIE Fighter Riddell: Detailed Pictures and Reviews

BTW are you J.H. Betancurt seen in the link above?
    Hi Sergiu,
    Yeah, that's me ... Betancourt. That guide, among other written and visual ones, their revolving front page top banners and their official logo seen on shirts and patches nowadays was all part of the work I did for the website in the link you've provided. It's been a while since then.

By the way, I've seen your awesome collection of helmets and I think I could safely say you must be happy about the possible revamp of the .45 scale line. The Tie Fighter pilot, AT-AT Driver and other Imperial scaled helmets will look great on your shelves along with the 1:1 scale ones you already have. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by LightSword; 09-09-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    "The best Star Wars collection isn't the one with the biggest or most expensive items, but the one holding a special meaning to the collector." - Steve Sansweet

My Feedback

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast