Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: The Hobbit - The Battle Of The Five Armies (2014)

^^Hell yes!! The Battle of 5 Armies is going to be absolutely incredible.

when i was a child in the 70s my father was a big tolkien fan and he took me to see the animated films at the theatre. while all the kids were crazy about star wars i was too but i hadnt actually seen the films until they came out on tv or cable or video or whatever it was. so legolas was sort of my hero as a child, but in the new films he was sort of my least favorite character. partially because there is something about bloom i just dont like, which was made worse when i watched the bonus material on the 3 dvd sets of the films and there were little interview clips of him sitting there with a trendy fohawk and talking about skydiving and all this adrenaline stuff. and he just seemed like a halfwit jack *** fratboy tool to me. added to that was the fact that i thought the 2 single handedly dumbest scenes in the LOTR trilogy were both totally focused on legolas.

second of all one of the things that i thought was really annoying about the star wars prequels were the unnecessary indroductions of a bunch of popular characters from the older films. also it will add that weird thing like the SW prequels of where when characters meet again in the future they seem to have no memory or knowledge of each other. it seems hobbits dont often leave the shire and most other races barely even know of them so bilbo is probably the first hobbit legolas ever meets and probably the only one he ever meets until frodo. i would imagine some conversation in the fellowship like (i traveled with/fought with your father bilbo) (actually hes my cousin). maybe legolas is in the new film but never actually meets bilbo, but still you would think he would be aware of gandalf and his strange unimposing but apparently important friend.

either way, i really wish they would leave legolas out of this one since he was never mentioned.
    Last edited by E_CHU_TA; 12-08-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by E_CHU_TA View Post
    when i was a child in the 70s my father was a big tolkien fan and he took me to see the animated films at the theatre. while all the kids were crazy about star wars i was too but i hadnt actually seen the films until they came out on tv or cable or video or whatever it was. so legolas was sort of my hero as a child, but in the new films he was sort of my least favorite character. partially because there is something about bloom i just dont like, which was made worse when i watched the bonus material on the 3 dvd sets of the films and there were little interview clips of him sitting there with a trendy fohawk and talking about skydiving and all this adrenaline stuff. and he just seemed like a halfwit jack *** fratboy tool to me. added to that was the fact that i thought the 2 single handedly dumbest scenes in the LOTR trilogy were both totally focused on legolas.

second of all one of the things that i thought was really annoying about the star wars prequels were the unnecessary indroductions of a bunch of popular characters from the older films. also it will add that weird thing like the SW prequels of where when characters meet again in the future they seem to have no memory or knowledge of each other. it seems hobbits dont often leave the shire and most other races barely even know of them so bilbo is probably the first hobbit legolas ever meets and probably the only one he ever meets until frodo. i would imagine some conversation in the fellowship like (i traveled with/fought with your father bilbo) (actually hes my cousin). maybe legolas is in the new film but never actually meets bilbo, but still you would think he would be aware of gandalf and his strange unimposing but apparently important friend.

either way, i really wish they would leave legolas out of this one since he was never mentioned.
    Yeah because as the fact his father is the king of mirkwood it makes no sense for him to go into battle with him at all. Let alone be present in scenes where his father the KING are around. Sure dosn't make any sense.

I hope he's in a huge chunk of the movies. He's gonna rescue the dwarfs at the border of mirkwood i'm sure. And be in all the King's scenes. And I so no reason he WOULDN'T be the one sent as a scout to Laketown. And Legolas killing orcs and Wargs in the final battle will be awesome. Use him heavily I say.
    "The ability to speak does not make one intelligent." - A wise man

Feedback Thread!: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1005743-4/#post18189030

Collider is reporting that The Hobbit: TABA is being bumped back from July to December 2014: THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Release Date | Collider

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that they're going to continue the December release tradition after all.

The Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

"Only now, at the end, do you understand."

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies

It was just announced today that the subtext of the third (and thank God) final Hobbit film has been changed from "There and Back Again" to "The Battle Of The Five Armies."

I'm glad for this change, "There and Back Again" is directly lifted from J.R.R. Tolkien, so in effect, has little to do with this film trilogy.

You can read about it here: The Third Hobbit Movie Will Now Be Named The Battle Of The Five Armies
    Figure Nominations:

Reegesk, Aurra Sing, Kleef, Bothan Spy, DS2 Luke, SA Rebel Commando's (Tantive IV & Endor), Lowbacca

Beat the other BOFA thread by 1 minute
    MrPickles likes this.

"There and Back Again" was better.

Then again, so was the book.

Quote Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
    "There and Back Again" was better.

Then again, so was the book.
    I think it would take less time to read the book than to watch these movies.
    Got a vintage question? have you read The FAQ?

Didn't GNT already have a 3rd Hobbit movie thread?

Started them up when they announced it would be three films.....

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast