Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 12" Line of Figures - 2013

12" Line of Figures - 2013

So, Hasbro announced a new 12" line today with 5 POA ala vintage Kenner style.

New 12" figures! Cost around $14. Coming Spring 2013: Darth Vader, Episode III Anakin, Clone Trooper, Episode III Obi-Wan. These will have a vintage quality in terms of sculpt and articulation. Most accessories molded right into their hands.

Anybody getting into these? I am not, but my son might
    Last edited by AaylaSecurasMan; 07-13-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    Que la Fuerza te acompaņe
    Wants:
    My Transaction Feedback
    My Trade List

Kind of funny that Gentle Giant is kind of doing that right now, at $70 a piece.

Question

This announcement surprised me. Wasn't the last we heard on the subject that Hasbro hated doing the 12 inch line and they were delighted to sublicense to Sideshow and be done with it?

Quote Originally Posted by doot View Post
    Kind of funny that Gentle Giant is kind of doing that right now, at $70 a piece.
    Yes, but GG is doing the actual vintage Kenner original figures on original card artwork so they get us with the nostalgia factor, I have R2, 3PO, Farmboy Luke
    Que la Fuerza te acompaņe
    Wants:
    My Transaction Feedback
    My Trade List

Commander

For $14 Im not sure exactly what a guy is gonna get. I mean an action figure is $10.00 now. However, the Hasbro vintage Luke , Fett, chewbacca, and Stormie 12"s done seems years ago were pretty good. However, they were priced at $29.99. I wonder if the new ones are gonna be paper machett or something..hheehehe

Ensign

I would rather pay more for figures like those vintage style hasbros. I love sideshows but they are just too damn expensive. If hasbro brought out some figured along same quality scale as their ROTS 12 inch at about $25-30 they would have a hit on their hands as I think there is a large market out their for these. From the description and price though these sound more like those crappy larger scale marvel figures out there.

I won't lie... I am disappointed.

Back in 2005, Hasbro had a great line of 12 inchers which ended on a high with good articulation and sculpt.
    Why are they taking a step back and putting out a Vintage styled line?

I more likely than not won't bother, however I can see these being rather popular with children who are the target audience.
    Only time will tell...

Ben

Commander

I liked the 12" Hasbro stuff. Some were done very well i.e. see bounty hunters. But $14.99 for a 12" has got to be bear bones. And your right, Sideshow prices just keep creeping up. $149.99 and up now for a 12". Granted, they are done well, but for $19.99-$24.99 Hasbros were pretty darn good as well.

Commander

And Hasbro even did a furry Chewbacca. Take that sideshow (with a thud).

GNT

I'm not expecting much out of this line, it'll be very simple figure sculpts.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast