Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Official EBay bidders that win and don't pay list!!!

Angry Official EBay bidders that win and don't pay list!!!

So I searched for a thread that has a list of EBayers that would bid and win and then not pay but could not find a thread so I figured I would start one. This way we can all keep an eye out for these types of people and have one place to go when this happens. Mods if I made a thread in error please let me know and lock the thread.

If not....let's get the ball rolling and hang them out to dry.

First person I have on my list is,

warrior13thtk won the auction and never responded to any pms nor invoices that were sent. Auction ended on Jun 24th case closed Jul 3rd 2012 EBay credit.
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

on the river in Arizona, Paradise as I like to call it

Ok I'll play I put a marvel legends Deadpool figure up for auction back near easter reached a whopping $102.00 dollars man was I happy, but wouldn't you know it the winning bidder had zero feedback...

Ebay name Soldiermedic.. never replied to emails never heard a peep.. finally got the dispute settled and relisted item.. made me real mad, fist and only time in 10 years on ebay but first time a zero feedback won an auction but I gave it the benefit of the doubt everyone has to start at a zero feedback even I did.. but now I dont want anyone with less than ten feedback bidding on anything of mine without contacting me first

Lieutenant

A list of none payers. Well I have about 200. I just come to accept none payers.

Also, I sold a coleco catalog from the 80's for $669 this week on ebay, and I was "No Way", "They wont pay"....then bam, payment recieved. I knew there was a reason I love Ebay
    starwarsdan and Stevesvws82 like this.

Good idea for a thread, but maybe you should also include in this, sellers who dont honour the sale after the auction was won. This happened to me quite recentlly, seller gave every excuse in the book, truth was he never shipped it.
    Call it, Buyers who dont pay and sellers who dont honour sale.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by M4K3R1 View Post
    Good idea for a thread, but maybe you should also include in this, sellers who dont honour the sale after the auction was won. This happened to me quite recentlly, seller gave every excuse in the book, truth was he never shipped it.

I generally do not like nor approve of threads like this, because you just never know what it going on in that other person's life. For all you know, they were bidding on your auction from an iphone while driving, won the listing and were so excited, they had a car accident!!! lol

You are not there, and you do not know what the reason is behind it if you never hear from the person. Your sale is technically not complete until they pay anyhow- you know what they say, "don't count your chickens".

It's all fine to keep track of those who do not follow through in case a pattern of bad behavior emerges, but this should be done confidentially (hence, reporting sellers for non-performance, or the blocked bidder list, and UPI strike).

You really just do not need to make a public list here.

In my experience as a seller, I sold a giant antique library table years ago, and she did at first respond that she wanted it delivered to NYC and would send a check, yada yada. Everything seemed fine. I never received the check, the delivery date passed with no word from her. I e-mailed many, many times with no response, so I got all bent out of shape, tracked down her phone #, called her, and a family member answered the phone to tell me she had passed away!

And on one of my other venues recently, I had a "customer" get all bent out of shape with me for not responding within 2 days. I'm actually getting rude, nasty hate mail from this person. But the thing is, I only occasionally go to that site, I don't check it daily nor do I have any policy of responding in their message system daily, I only sell things there once in a blue moon. AND- this is the kicker right here- she didn't buy anything! nor is she planning to. The whole exchange was simply sharing pics back & forth of a rare (non-star wars) toy that she happened to have. We were just chatting, she only contacted me because I was the only other person online advertising an identical example. She's not even really a customer, yet she was so mad at me for not writing her back immediately that she closed her account and left the site. A real whack-job.

Now what is to stop a crazy woman like that from posting me as a seller here, simply because I wasn't as interested in being her penpal as she obviously expected [demanded] me to be?

So that's why this thread is a terrible idea (and will probably lead to nothing more than people venting). No offense, just IMO.

Dan,
    I give a person every chance to fix the issue and respond back to me. I fully understand things happen but sometimes people are spiteful and do this shady crap because they can. I at least balance the excuse when one is offered but, so far I have not even heard an excuse from the person that did not pay. They had zero feedback and from what their account says....they did the same thing to 5 other people. They did not pay nor did they respond after winning. I am sure others have dealt with this problem and I would suggest to block the buyer if they can't respond nor pay for the item. I think this thread is a great idea! I don't want to deal with people who will not pay and this turns into wasting my time and I am sure others share the same feelings on this subject.
    starwarsdan likes this.
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by M4K3R1 View Post
    Not bad, my biggest pet peeve is buyers who leave unwarranted negative feedback.

Thread should be called

Buyers who dont pay and sellers who dont honour sale and also buyers who leave unwarranted feedback.
    Feedback
    WTB: Yoda Top Toys Molds/Hard Copies, Polish Bootlegs, Foreign Carded
    WTB: Leia Boushh Pre-Production

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsdan View Post
    I generally do not like nor approve of threads like this, because you just never know what it going on in that other person's life. For all you know, they were bidding on your auction from an iphone while driving, won the listing and were so excited, they had a car accident!!! lol
    Beyond that, it seems like it would be a waste of time to try and preemptively block all of the non-paying bidders that people have encountered.

These threads are always good for venting and that's about it. There are just to many people on EBay and it's far too easy to just create a new ID for something like this to ever be effective.
    starwarsdan likes this.
    Feedback
    WTB: Yoda Top Toys Molds/Hard Copies, Polish Bootlegs, Foreign Carded
    WTB: Leia Boushh Pre-Production

Vice Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by rupert View Post
    These threads are always good for venting and that's about it. There are just to many people on EBay and it's far too easy to just create a new ID for something like this to ever be effective.
    True, but man is it nice to vent and at least you called them out by name so it makes you feel like you got them back somehow.
    starwarsdan likes this.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast