Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Unproduced Prototype Hard Copy Captain Katanga from Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Unproduced Prototype Hard Copy Captain Katanga from Raiders Of The Lost Ark

I managed to find some time to take a few pics of one of the unproduced Indy figures i own.This guy proves that hasbro had a few more figures in the works for the raiders line.I don't no if he was made earlier on in the line or as recently as a year so ago.I'm still waiting to hear back from a contact and if he can share some more light.Since this is the only know prototype and a very early one at that,i don't think they got any further.I still think that if Hasbro decides to continue the toy line in the future this will be one of the figures they release since they already have the hard copies made and possibly the molds for the first shots.

Will try and upload pics of the next figure later on in the week,until then i hope you guys enjoy captain Katanga.

Last edited by Aussie_Nick; 06-17-2012 at 05:59 AM.
    WTB:Unpainted HAN HOTH 4-up & First shot Head pull Test
    Always interested in buying first Shots,Proofs,Cromalins & Miscards of different characters.

very nice.
    Thanks,
    J A Is Online

thanks for sharing! Not the most interesting character to make a figure of but I probably would buy like I did everything else from this line. And I gotta lol at the removable hat and the hat hair underneath!

Awesome! I was watching ROLA last night and thought to myself, they should have made Katanga! Thanks for posting these pics!
    "There is no disgrace in getting old, it is just damned inconvenient." - M.R.M 1903-1988

My Feedback!

sadly still looks better to me than 2/3'rds of the figures that were released. its a shame how all the ones that ended up not being released looked so much better than the ones that did. although that hat hair would have been terrible!

Sub-Lieutenant

Thanks for posting this, it would be interesting to see the head painted up. I'm looking forward to pics of any other "unreleased" items you might have!
    Last edited by Kevin83; 06-19-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by E_CHU_TA View Post
    although that hat hair would have been terrible!

The hard copy above was the first prototype made from the molds.It's made of resin so they can Still change sculpting details if need be.Im sure if this figure was release they would have made changes to the hair or maybe made a fixed hat like most of the Indy figures.
    Always interested in buying first Shots,Proofs,Cromalins & Miscards of different characters.

Grand Admiral

And folks could have used this figure to customize Kingsley Shacklebolt for their 4" Harry Potter collections.

Alex
    "Hi, I'm Alex from Imperial Insurance."
    "Hey... don't you work for the Endor Express?"
    "I'm a man of many talents."
    -- The penultimate installment of Yak's Pub

oh man, aussie nick, do you think there is any way to be able to produce more of this figure, like they did with the tough sergeant?? that would rock!
    SWDave likes this.

There is a possibility that i might get a few heads done in the near future.I guess i would have to find someone to make them.It would also have to be worth it,id need enough interest before id even consider approaching someone to help with the molds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast