Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Taiwan Orange hair Luke Farmboy?

High Admiral

•    
    Wolff, Lee, thanks for the expert opinions. I wouldn't of recognised the specific mould or detailing of a Taiwan Luke head but I thought its pretty difficult to boil and pop a Luke Farmboy head so I had suspected a repaint. As you say it's a pretty good one if it is. I've never seen an Orange hair Taiwan Luke before which I know is not necessarily an argument against it, but the sellers tainted reputation doesn't convince me otherwise!
    Last edited by olisuds; 06-05-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    My Prototype Collection | WTB/WTTF Prototypes
    Looking for Luke Jedi protomolded figure with dark cape!!
    Looking for ROTJ & POTF first shot prototypes & protomolded figures!!

Rear Admiral

shame about this guys rep as i was after several items of his including the ledy jawa... but im not going to risk it now.

Wow I had my eye on a couple of his figs. Now I know to stay away.

If it were real he would have taken better pics, he's got over 700 sales he's no rookie.

•    
    Someone has a bargain or quite the contrary.

BTW: The seller promises a refund when the figure is sent to AFA and subsequently refused (see the auction description below).

So I hope we hear more about this figure soon, whether it is legit or fake.

"Up for auction is A RARE LUKE FARMBOY ORANGE HAIR. THE FIGURE HAS COO TAIWAN AND THAT I KNOW, THE ONLY LUKE WITH ORANGE HAIR IS COO HK, AND APPEARED IN 41 BACK-E ESB. I'M ALMOST SURE THAT NO REPAINTED HAIR. THE FIGURE HAS A PAINT WEAR ON THE HAIR AND LOOK THE PLASTIC FIGURE (SEE PICTURE). IT'S A TRUE RARITY. IS ONE OF THE MOST RARE FIGURE THAT HAVE PASSED BY MY HANDS. I NEVER SEND NOTHING TO AFA GRADUATE, IF YOU DO THIS, AND THE FIGURE IS REFUSED I ALWAYS REFUND THE MONEY. YOU BID WITH CONFIDENCE."
    Last edited by DrDengar; 06-12-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: I don't want to give away to much detials of the auction

Admiral

•    
    Yeah I would be skeptical of this figure, the seller & the supposed refund (when it's rejected). I never received a refund from Sergio, just empty promises...actually I think they are called lies but whatev

Quote Originally Posted by DrDengar View Post

BTW: The seller promises a refund when the figure is sent to AFA and subsequently refused (see the auction description below).
    The seller promises lots of things...
    RetroRewindToys likes this.
    Tim_S Tank1252 Feedback
    Member of the 62 Club
    Power Of The Force Coins Facebook Group - For Everything POTF Coin Related. Join Now!!
    Wanted Any POTF Coin Related; Pitch Coin, Art, Sculpts, HC's, SC's, Dies Etc.

High Admiral

•    
    Other than blonde, is the Taiwan Luke Farmboy known to come with any other colour hair?
    My Prototype Collection | WTB/WTTF Prototypes
    Looking for Luke Jedi protomolded figure with dark cape!!
    Looking for ROTJ & POTF first shot prototypes & protomolded figures!!

Rear Admiral

........was going to ask the same thing, as a friend of mine has just bought a BROWN hair taiwan luke and asked me if i thought it was legit, and all i could say is from experience i wasnt aware of a taiwan luke other than yellow haired!!!?

Quote Originally Posted by olisuds View Post
    Other than blonde, is the Taiwan Luke Farmboy known to come with any other colour hair?
    Quote Originally Posted by carpetdragon View Post
    ........was going to ask the same thing, as a friend of mine has just bought a BROWN hair taiwan luke and asked me if i thought it was legit, and all i could say is from experience i wasnt aware of a taiwan luke other than yellow haired!!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wbobafett View Post
    3. Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)

First Coo family. Steelmolds on these are the same. Just copied/travelled and with altered coos!
    - 3-Line HK with brown, black and reddish eyes
    - 3-line HK Poch, pale hands and greyish pants, typical spraymask in face (raised eyebrow)
    - China-dude, slightly different to his HK brothers, especially used material.
    - no coo raised bar, Meccano, orange neck, translucent and metallic saber (belonging?)
    - no coo raised bar, Glasslite

Other blonde haired Lukes:
    The second coo family
    - Large HK spray mask one and spray mask two (its NOT only more fat...its also a bit different IMO)
    - Large HK the DT version. Brown eyes, different spray mask and opaque body.
    - Scarred out (large HK), PBP version with hard limbs and torso. Really bright yellow hair and pink hands. The rarest of all!

The third coo family
    - Small HK with reddish pants.

And the fourth family
    - Taiwan dudes with greyish and with darkbrown pants

Now the brown ones and some bootlegs!
    - Large HK in different brown tones: reddish, darkbrown and chocolate dark brown
    - Large HK with different orange hairs: The US and the so called "AU" version. first is dull and pumpkin, second is shiny and tend to be more greenish.
    - Small HK and no coo (related to small HK). Both haircolors greenish lightbrown and reddish lightbrown can be found on both coos.
    - Model Trem Version
    - Hungarian Version

Btw: There is no Luke with greenish pants in this setup because IMO these are all discolored!!!
    From the best loose COO guide available The Variant Villain -- new stuff added: Lili Ledy, POCH, I highlighted in red for the answer that you guys where looking for , Taiwan: only blonde Luke with different color pants, sorry no orange or brown hair .

Quote Originally Posted by Wbobafett View Post
    May I bring some light into this??

There is two versions of the OH Luke Farmboy. Uli (Idefix13) noticed this years ago I think! I by now have also both and can tell you that there is truely two different versions:

1. thin sprayed US version
    2. thicker sprayed version which is called Australian version (not proven of course).

Both have the same coo and mostly the same spray masked used! the AU version tends to become greenish in some areas! You can see the so called AU version here on the RS archive! Whilst the picture i.e. Michael Vogt posted is the US version!

Rebelscum.com; Star Wars Toy News Archive Skywalker with Orange Hair

Both are IMO OH Lukes and equally rare!

So from the pictures the post starter here provided I would go for an AU version here! Remember: AU is only the name here...there is really no proof where this comes from!

Hope that helps a bit...and now on with the sale!
    As far as I know, the orange hair Luke has been found in TESB 41 E-Back Hong Kong:

Quote Originally Posted by _Robbie_ View Post
    Hi Guys,

I believe this is where the confusion lies, and hopefully this clarifies things?

41-e Orange hair Luke vs Variant only fund on 41 e card which is very light brown with a different shade to it than the other light brown hair Luke.

A true orange hair Luke is distinctly ORANGE, and all other brown hair Luke's are distinctly different shades of brown

J
    ust my 2 cents.....

From RetroRewindToys, AFA - retrorewindtoys.com:

Serial Number: 17243132
    Date Graded: Dec 07, 2010
    Grade 85
    (Sub grades are not available for this item)
    Year: 1977
    Company: KENNER
    Series: STAR WARS
    Title: LOOSE ACTION FIGURE / HK
    Name: LUKE SKYWALKER
    Variation: ORANGE HAIR

Quote Originally Posted by olisuds View Post
    Missed the link but if its the one I saw yesterday then my reaction was something along the lines of...

Wow MOC OJ Luke Farmboy! Can't wait to see this.
    Oh dear seller is "onetofivedayauctions". Get ready for the disappointment
    Description says "this appears to be the orange hair variant" in other words "it isn't the orange hair variant"
    Check out the photos - Yep it's not the orange hair variant!

Rule of thumb - If it looks like a brown hair Luke then it's a brown hair Luke.

As Jedi_Kydus says above there's no mistaking a real OJ Luke! It's a very obvious in your face pumpkin kind of colour!

Orange hair Luke (5) is often confused with olive brown hair (2) or orange brown hair (3) particularly in badly taken photos!

* (1) Blonde | (2) Olive Brown | (3) Orange Brown | (4) Brown | (5) Orange
    * I added the last line .
    -VICTORY IS OURS-
    -YOU WILL JOIN US-
    visit your imperial recruitment center now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast