thats why its better if he left her, before he knew she was pregnant. like he did in the (*cough*) "original story" than Ben told in the ROTJ novel.
but then, his motivation would have nothing to so with 'keeping her safe' (and \I suspect George was trying to tell a politically relevant story, ie: security vs. freedom, in the wake of the american patriot act). he wanted anakin to proverbially 'cross the line', with the motivation of 'keeping people safe'.
(whether to sacrifice freedom and democracy for the sake of national security -- GL wanted to somehow write the story around this classic debate).
but anakin's quest for power was more selfish in the (*cough*) "original story", gleaned from the original novelization(s) of the OT. he left padme before he even knew she was pregnant; he was impulsive and rash and didn't care about the people around him; he broke rules of the jedi order in a mad quest for power and had to be 'exterminated' by his own Master(!); he was rescued by palpatine and only came back and killed the jedi order out of Revenge (read: he was "used" as a weapon, against the Jedi Order who had rejected/assassinated/tried-to-kill him). presumeably, this was the fate of all failed padawans -- to be exterminated by their own masters like a scene from Donnie Brosco.
Last edited by Cobalt60; 05-30-2012 at 02:37 PM.
If I could change anything, it would be to only allow private screenings for the real fans, and not the whiny haters who hate the PT for not being what 'they' envisioned.
And yes, that eliminates the majority of the teenage crowd from this board.
I would remake them completely, make something like the KOTOR Cinematic trailers (or SWTOR if you want to call them).
All 3 SWTOR Cinematic Trailers In Story Order - YouTube
Last edited by litofett; 05-30-2012 at 06:22 PM.
"Ke nu'jurkadir sha mando'ade"
Last edited by DagMarus; 05-30-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Yeah, I didn't get the teenage crowd part either so I just dismissed it as nonsensical.
Anyway, back to the discussion at hand (in which both pro OT and pro Saga people seemed to be more or less civilly interacting...)
"Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore
I do love the PT, but I think it could be improved. Let's see...
1. Anakin would be found as a pilot in his late teens (around Obi-Wan's age) and he and Obi-Wan strike up a friendship.
2. The clones in the Clone Wars would have been clones the ancient Sith created of themselves and put in stasis before they died out. They put the stasis chambers on a thousand-year timer, so the clones would awaken a millenia after the true Sith died out. This way the Jedi would have peace long enough to grow complacent.
3. The series would start with a team of Jedi (Obi-Wan - who would be a Jedi Knight rather than a Padawan - leading the team) hiring a pilot (Anakin Skywalker) to take them on a mission to investigate reports of lightsaber wielders (the Sith clones) attacking a planet. The Sith would shoot their ship down in a forest.
4. While on the mission, Anakin would save the life of Random Jedi #5, and Obi-Wan would sense the Force in him. They would develop a bond of friendship, and Obi-Wan would agree to take Anakin as an apprentice even though he was not ready to take a student. Obi-Wan began teaching him as they progressed through the forest.
5. While on the mission, Anakin and Obi-Wan would discover that a Senator (Padme) had been captured by the Sith. They would launch a rescue mission in which a Jedi would be killed and Anakin took his lightsaber, using what Obi-Wan had taught him.
6. They would steal a ship and escape, and on the way home Anakin would begin talking to Padme, and the two would slowly build their relationship (unlike the random bursts of emotion that is AOTC).
7. Chancellor Palpatine of the Republic would congratulate the Jedi on a job well-done for rescuing Padme and discovering the clones. Master Yoda would eagerly welcome Anakin into the Jedi Order.
8. The Clone Wars would break out halfway through the first movie, and the first battle would take place on Tatooine, where Anakin would rescue his brother-in-law from an attack team of Sith. When the battle finished Owen begged Anakin to stay on the farm, but Anakin wouldn't listen (thus Obi-Wan's mention of Owen not approving).
9. During the second movie, there would be a scene where the commander of the Sith clones would infiltrate Coruscant and kidnap Palpatine. He would reveal himself as a shapeshifter and kill Palpatine, taking his place.
10. At the end of the second movie Anakin and Padme marry, and Obi-Wan attends the wedding (in this version of the PT, the Jedi do not forbid marriage).
11. Maul, leader of the Sith armies, would duel Anakin and Obi-Wan at the beginning of the third movie, and Anakin loses his right arm. Obi-Wan defeats Maul in battle.
12. "Palpatine" begins corrupting the Republic from the inside, creating a truce with the Sith - a truce the Jedi cannot allow, with the Sith being their mortal enemies. Anakin would take Padme and go to Alderaan, one of the last anti-Sith worlds in the galaxy. The other Jedi would split up across the galaxy, striking Sith bases.
13. The Jedi Council eventually decides to take over the Republic - an idea Anakin considers treasonous. He goes to Palpatine and asks him to destroy the treaty with the Sith. "Palpatine" convinces Anakin that the galaxy cannot handle another war, and Anakin agrees to go to the Jedi Council and try to reason with them.
14. When the Jedi Council ignores Anakin's advice, Anakin becomes enraged, believing the Jedi Council is corrupt - and worse, Padme sides with them. At this point he leaves the order, siding with Palpatine.
15. Palpatine orders the destruction of the Jedi order for the sake of peace throughout the galaxy, and in the ensuing slaughter, all Sith save Palpatine and Anakin are killed. Palpatine orders his military commander, Tarkin, to attack the last Jedi base on Mustafar, with Anakin leading the ground team.
16. Obi-Wan stops Anakin before he reaches the Jedi compound, and a duel ensues. Meanwhile, a team of Jedi led by Yoda sneaks off-planet to attack Palpatine.
17. Obi-Wan and Anakin's duel proceeds much like in ROTS, save for the fact that Anakin would be wielding a red lightsaber. Obi-Wan would beg Anakin to return to the Jedi, saying that Palpatine was manipulating him. Anakin doesn't believe him and tries to kill Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan has more skill with a lightsaber, though, and takes Anakin's arm and legs.
18. Yoda, along with Mace Windu and Qui-Gon Jinn, attack Palpatine, and in the ensuing duel two of Palpatine's royal guards reveal themselves as Sith and attack Qui-Gon and Mace, while Yoda engages Palpatine. Qui-Gon and Mace easily kill the Sith guards and attack Palpatine. Qui-Gon is unfortunately killed in the battle, but Mace Windu and Yoda manage to back Palpatine against the wall. However, Palpatine unleashes Force lightning, killing Mace, but Yoda reflects it back, destroying the Palpatine's concentration and causing him to stop using his changeling powers. His true face - that of the Emperor in ROTJ - is revealed, but despite his wounds the Emperor pushes back Yoda, and the Jedi Master is forced to retreat.
19. On Alderaan, Padme gives birth to twins, heartbroken in knowing that Anakin will not be involved in their raising, but content to stay with Leia while Obi-Wan - who has returned from Mustafar - takes Luke to Anakin's brother on Tatooine.
20. Palpatine goes to Mustafar and discovers Anakin, telling him that Padme is dead. At that point Anakin declares that he is no longer Anakin Skywalker, and Darth Vader is born. Palpatine orders Tarkin to begin work on their secret weapon, the Death Star.
Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo
I see that this thread is a fan-fiction place where people can express what they would change about something that will never be changed! Silly! lol
PS: I love Revanfan1's idea:Instead of doing the whole little kid thing, the PT could have right away started with The Clone War with an older Anakin...1. Anakin would be found as a pilot in his late teens (around Obi-Wan's age) and he and Obi-Wan strike up a friendship.
Last edited by Dangrievous; 06-01-2012 at 03:48 AM.
TIKKES, ADMIRAL TRENCH, RIFF TAMSON and all SEPARATIST ACTION FIGURES FTW!!!
SUPPORT ADMIRAL TRENCH BEING MADE INTO A FIGURE BY SIGNING THIS PETITION! THANK YOU!!
"I'm not wearing any pants film at 11."
"There's do and then there's f****** up royally."
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1081464/ <----fs, trade thread