Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 181
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 2012 Wishlist Poll Thread

  1. #11
    Emperor's Hand GarvenDreis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Where Kenner was.

    Quote Originally Posted by BXR_1138 View Post
    Man, after like how many years? Ever since 1995? It's been discussed ad nauseum that they can't be made because of legal issues. The argument that "Hasbro has said they aren't going to make them that doesn't mean they won't" doesn't really work in that regard. They aren't figures that Hasbro doesn't think will sell, they're figures that they can't sell. Period. Voting for them is pretty pointless. After how many ever years, I'm pretty sure they understand the demand, and if there was even the tiniest loophole, they'd probably be made by now. But they haven't and they won't. Can't see why people refuse to accept that.

    But, seriously, it's like the nth time this has been brought up. I think leaving them out of the poll is a good move. It's getting pretty annoying.
    Look, I don't care if you guys are sick of it, I'm not going to stop supporting them until Hasbro makes a public statement saying why. I'm not going to just buy the "Legal" issue. I've heard so many reasons why we can't get them and I just want an official statement. If the actress really hates Star Wars and LFL then why does she still sign pictures, numerous times? They can still make the blue Tonnika that did sign a likeness release no problem. I don't see how they could have in legal troubles over that. And if we have to paint the blue one green, so be it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Brett View Post
    This isn't the first time they have been "banned" from the polls. I believe Since did not allow any votes for them in the last two years as well. And no offense to you at all Garven, but voiding all votes by somebody who doesn't read the rules or ignores them doesn't seem too strong at all. Again, I am not just singling you out for this rule but for anybody who purposely ignored the other rules as well (say for instance voting all 30 choices with one movie) or voting for the same character more than once.

    BTW GNT, did you make sure that was also a rule? I know every year a few try to be smart and vote for the same character 30 times, actually thinking that their votes will count as 30 votes towards that character.

    And regarding the Tonnikas...Hasbro confirmed a couple years back that they know we want them and that there is demand for them to be made. But they can not make them.
    No, I think it is wrong that I can get my votes voided for voting for the Tonnika Sisters, by all means I should be able to vote for them if I want to, even if it is a "wasted vote".

    I'm sorry but they can tell me they can't make them all they want, I just want to them address why exactly. Because as a lot have people have said there are a few things that would allow them to be made.

    They can just make the blue one who signed a likeness release, don't forget the Micromachine Tonnika either.

    Quote Originally Posted by jediblood View Post
    Then Lucas needs to explain how they were able to appear in a Volkswagon commercial recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    Agreed. I really want these figures, but I understand the situation. At least Hasbro knows we want them.
    Exactly! That is ALL I want to hear. And once I hear it I can accept the figures will never be made.
    Scarrviper likes this.

    The future...the past. Old friends long gone...
    Does the Cantina interest you?

    Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! - J
    oin the Cantina Crazies Collector's Group!


  2. #12
    Emperor's Hand Darth_Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northridge, CA

    Hasbro and Lucas have explained the situation many times over in past Q&A's. It's beating a dead horse at this point. People will just have to realize they aren't going to be made.
    BXR_1138 likes this.
    Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous/Ewk Leia/GaroufLafoe/Lak Sivrak/Klaatu/Sy Snootles(puppet)/Yotts Orren/Sim Aloo/Tzvvivt/Shasa Tiel/Piett/Barada/YerkaMig/Solomahal/CantBndMmbr/BespEsc Leia/Reegesk/Tessek/Yoxgit/Vedain/SBarge Weequay/SalteMarae/Wuher/VelkenTezari/TaymDren-garen

  3. #13
    Emperor CadBane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A Hostage Crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by GarvenDreis View Post
    Look, I don't care if you guys are sick of it, I'm not going to stop supporting them until Hasbro makes a public statement saying why. I'm not going to just buy the "Legal" issue. I've heard so many reasons why we can't get them and I just want an official statement. If the actress really hates Star Wars and LFL then why does she still sign pictures, numerous times? They can still make the blue Tonnika that did sign a likeness release no problem. I don't see how they could have in legal troubles over that. And if we have to paint the blue one green, so be it!


    No, I think it is wrong that I can get my votes voided for voting for the Tonnika Sisters, by all means I should be able to vote for them if I want to, even if it is a "wasted vote".

    I'm sorry but they can tell me they can't make them all they want, I just want to them address why exactly. Because as a lot have people have said there are a few things that would allow them to be made.

    They can just make the blue one who signed a likeness release, don't forget the Micromachine Tonnika either.





    Exactly! That is ALL I want to hear. And once I hear it I can accept the figures will never be made.
    Why does she still sign pictures? To get Republic credits that's why. Use your imagination. You were in one of the most popular films of all time followed by one of the most popular franchises of all time. I don't think she doesn't want a figure made of her because she hates Star Wars. I think she doesn't want a figure made of her because she has sour grapes or whatever. She's mad that people will make money off her. She can't just be a little selfless and sacrifice some personal gain to make a bunch of people happy.
    Good Soldiers Follow Orders Good Soldiers Follow Orders

  4. #14
    Emperor Masterfett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oregon

    Quote Originally Posted by GarvenDreis View Post
    Exactly! That is ALL I want to hear. And once I hear it I can accept the figures will never be made.
    Then maybe you should open your ears(eyes) to what has been said, and move on.
    I get that you want them, same with numerous others here including me.
    Knowing what we know why waste votes on them, that is the real point.

    BTW I'm not calling you out personally, just commenting on this issue.
    Looking for: MU Northstar. Falcon from CA2. Have: MU Captain America, Grim Reaper, Hyperion, WW Hulk.

    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

  5. #15
    High Admiral Oddball_Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK

    Okay, I guess I didn't pay close enough attention to the rules so I've edited the Tonnikas from my votes and will find characters to replace them. Didn't realise there was such a big fuss over them. If they aren't to be counted, fine, but still think that voiding ALL votes for that mistake is a bit overkill, IMHO. Nevertheless, moving on.
    Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning

  6. #16
    Emperor's Hand GarvenDreis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Where Kenner was.

    Quote Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
    Why does she still sign pictures? To get Republic credits that's why. Use your imagination. You were in one of the most popular films of all time followed by one of the most popular franchises of all time. I don't think she doesn't want a figure made of her because she hates Star Wars. I think she doesn't want a figure made of her because she has sour grapes or whatever. She's mad that people will make money off her. She can't just be a little selfless and sacrifice some personal gain to make a bunch of people happy.
    Of course, I figured most of this fell within common sense. But what else can I expect from you? I mean, you spent a good chunk of your life pretending to be a teenager from the 70's.

    Also, how do you know she showed up at conventions and was paid? I was under the impression that she didn't want ANYTHING to do with Star Wars or LFL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Then maybe you should open your ears(eyes) to what has been said, and move on.
    I get that you want them, same with numerous others here including me.
    Knowing what we know why waste votes on them, that is the real point.

    BTW I'm not calling you out personally, just commenting on this issue.
    Well, if someone can bring me a Q&A or statement from a Hasbro Official that says: "We cannot make EITHER Tonnika Sister because..." Than I'll stop support them and move on.

    And if we do show strong support for them Hasbro may turn around and sell the blue Tonnika that did sign a likeness release.

    And with that I announce this:

    I will be voting for the Blue Tonnika/Brea Tonnika/Shada D'ukal played by Christine Hewett who DID sign a likeness release.


    Void my votes if you will, but there is no reason the character mentioned above cannot be produced.

    The future...the past. Old friends long gone...
    Does the Cantina interest you?

    Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! - J
    oin the Cantina Crazies Collector's Group!


  7. #17
    Emperor CadBane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A Hostage Crisis

    You questioned why this rule was in effect and I believe I posted a pretty good explanation on the first page. Please read if you didn't. I don't feel like reiterating because I put a good amount of thought into the initial post. I told you why they can't make them despite the fact that they appeared in a commercial. So your argument with that ammo is shot.(pun intended) My philosophy on the matter is that I don't want some vindictive and greedy person immortalized in plastic. I refuse to succumb to begging for something that won't get made but more importantly is of a person who is so stubborn and selfish. Now I propose the Super Bowl VW girls get made instead. "Dignity before accuracy" Is this campaigns motto.
    Last edited by CadBane; 03-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    Good Soldiers Follow Orders Good Soldiers Follow Orders

  8. #18
    Emperor's Hand GarvenDreis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Where Kenner was.

    Quote Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
    You questioned why this rule was in effect and I believe I posted a pretty good explanation on the first page. Please read if you didn't. I don't feel like reiterating because I put a good amount of thought into the initial post. I told you why they can't make them despite the fact that they appeared in a commercial. So your argument with that ammo is shot.(pun intended) My philosophy on the matter is that I don't want some vindictive and greedy person immortalized in plastic. I refuse to succumb to begging for something that won't get made but more importantly is of a person who is so stubborn and selfish. Now I propose the Super Bowl VW girls get made instead. "Dignity before accuracy" Is this campaigns motto.
    You just completely went off on a tangent there. Anyway with that aside...

    My ammo with the commercial isn't shot, and neither is my ammo that the "canonical" Tonnika Sisters weren't in ANH, so they could just base the figure off the real EU Tonnika Sisters. Also like you said we can get the Superbowl VW girls instead.

    But Hasbro has no issues regarding why are aren't seeing the Blue Tonnika.

    The future...the past. Old friends long gone...
    Does the Cantina interest you?

    Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! - J
    oin the Cantina Crazies Collector's Group!


  9. #19
    Emperor CadBane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A Hostage Crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by GarvenDreis View Post
    You just completely went off on a tangent there. Anyway with that aside...

    My ammo with the commercial isn't shot, and neither is my ammo that the "canonical" Tonnika Sisters weren't in ANH, so they could just base the figure off the real EU Tonnika Sisters. Also like you said we can get the Superbowl VW girls instead.

    But Hasbro has no issues regarding why are aren't seeing the Blue Tonnika.
    Tell me where I'm wrong please. My thoughts on this matter. Lucas owns the concept of the sisters. He doesn't own one of their likenesses for whatever reason. Having another actress portray the character in a commercial is different then taking an actors likeness and cashing in on it. Lucas owns the concept/character of the Sisters therefore he can have another actress portray them in a commercial. I propose that we say screw the ANH sisters and have their commercial counter parts made instead. If the actress didn't want to give away her likeness so fans could enjoy a complete collection and is spiting us then I don't want said person in plastic ever. She doesn't deserve the honor. You were in a movie as a backgrounder be greatful you were part of a cinematic master piece.
    Last edited by CadBane; 03-09-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    my_kind_of_scum likes this.
    Good Soldiers Follow Orders Good Soldiers Follow Orders

  10. #20
    Emperor's Hand Darth_Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northridge, CA

    Just curious GNT, but how is the voting after the nominations being determined? Or exactly what will be the process in terms of who advances? The reason I ask is because if it is base solely on who has the most votes then TESB will win most of the OT positions...it has the least amount of choices and therefore is getting way more votes for specific characters than the other two simply for the fact that it has way less choices to vote for and therefore individual characters get way more frequent votes. So unless there is another nomination round where we narrow down the categories before voting, otherwise the results are going to be TESB heavy (if not all) in the OT.
    Last edited by Darth_Brett; 03-10-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous/Ewk Leia/GaroufLafoe/Lak Sivrak/Klaatu/Sy Snootles(puppet)/Yotts Orren/Sim Aloo/Tzvvivt/Shasa Tiel/Piett/Barada/YerkaMig/Solomahal/CantBndMmbr/BespEsc Leia/Reegesk/Tessek/Yoxgit/Vedain/SBarge Weequay/SalteMarae/Wuher/VelkenTezari/TaymDren-garen

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •