Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Indy on Blu-Ray and Hasbro

Indy on Blu-Ray and Hasbro

So, the Blu-Ray "qaudrilogy" was just (finally) announced for this Fall. Hasbro has said in the past that the only way we would be seeing any more product from them would be if it were in conjunction with a major media event. Well, here it comes...so what I am wondering is...will Hasbro put their money where their mouth is? Will we see Indy toys back on the shelf this fall? If so, will there be anything new released...or simply re-releases? Will we finally see the "lost wave" in stores? Will we get another shot at ToD figures? Will there be any hooplah at all? Maybe some of those Blu-Ray commemorative sets like they did with Star Wars? What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Billy_Ray; 03-02-2012 at 11:38 AM.

This is a total pipe dream but: it'd be cool if they put them on Vintage Indy cardbacks like TVC but not only that...have them be in the same assortment as TVC so they'd be just like any other wave, except, well, Indy figures and not Star Wars figures.

Realistically that would never happen, because TVC is obviously only for Star Wars (though the name "The Vintage Collection" itself is pretty vague and we could have "TVC" Indy figures ) and there'd be a lot of backlash from TVC collectors (whether they also collected Indy or not) in general since such a thing would mess up distribution and what-not.

Though the last wave of TVC for 2012 (that's been announced at least) is slated for August, so that could leave room for some "TVC" Indy figures in the fall months since that's when the Blu-ray set comes out. Though of course I'm expecting another TVC wave or two to be announced at SDCC, anyway.

I know. That would never happen, but I can dream. Realistically though, I could see some Blu-ray commemorative sets. That sounds very likely, actually.
    Last edited by BXR_1138; 03-02-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    OOT on Blu-ray? Make it happen, Disney.

Vehicle Campaign: E-Wing Fighter

Maybe they'll release the 1/18th Flying Wing.

I'm thinking Commemorative sets like they did with all the SW releases. 1 set of 3 figures for each film. I'd welcome that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Cow View Post
    I'm thinking Commemorative sets like they did with all the SW releases. 1 set of 3 figures for each film. I'd welcome that.
    That would be the most to hope for, I'd doubt there would be new figure. Hasbro will just end up doing repainted or kit bashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    So, the Blu-Ray "qaudrilogy" was just (finally) announced for this Fall. Hasbro has said in the past that the only way we would be seeing any more product from them would be if it were in conjunction with a major media event. Well, here it comes...so what I am wondering is...will Hasbro put their money where their mouth is? Will we see Indy toys back on the shelf this fall? If so, will there be anything new released...or simply re-releases? Will we finally see the "lost wave" in stores? Will we get another shot at ToD figures? Will there be any hooplah at all? Maybe some of those Blu-Ray commemorative sets like they did with Star Wars? What do you guys think?
    I would love there to be some Hasbro product released to tie-in. But I just cant see it. Blu-Ray releases are just not that big of a deal? The "hooplah" is very short lived, usually just a week or so of promotional stuff? I think the best we could expect would be some re-releases in some kinds of multipack?

Imagine if Hasbro wanted to finish off and release the Club Obi-Wan wave to release with them. I guess its not gonna happen, but its fun to dream.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    Imagine if Hasbro wanted to finish off and release the Club Obi-Wan wave to release with them. I guess its not gonna happen, but its fun to dream.
    There was supposed to be a "Club Obi-Wan wave"?
    I must have missed that.
    What figures were to be included?

Thanks.

That would be great a "Club Obi-Wan wave" with Lao Che, Indy in white suit, and Willie Scott or another crystal skull wave?

GNT

I doubt we'd see any new figures or any figures to mark the dvds release. At most we could hope for is an exclusive Indiana Jones figure on a vintage style card offered as a promo when you buy the box set.

Yeah, to be honest, I'm not banking on much...if anything...from Hasbro. If we do get anything I'm sure it would be repacks but, with the limited availibilty of most of the later waves of Indy figures, repacks would definitely be welcome!

Sadly, Indy usually gets the short end of the stick, and with the way Hasbro burned themselves with their mismanagment of the line, I doubt we will see anything at all. Still, one can dream.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast