Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ID this person. New site u can ID people and get paid

  1. #1
    Rod
    Rod is offline
    Sith Lord Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Tennessee

    ID this person. New site u can ID people and get paid

    ID This Person

    Just heard about this site today. It seems to be starting out but it could be quite interesting....and you get paid $25 if you can ID somebody from the pics they got. I think the idea is to help stores and police identify folks caught on camera committing crimes. What do you all think?
    ...better get used to it, I'm still here and ain't going anywhere anytime soon.:p

  2. #2
    High Admiral AllSystemsGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Michigan

    •    
    Too bad my state doesn't participate.
    Am I crazy? Or am I so sane that I blew your mind?

  3. #3
    High Admiral
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Minnesota

    Too bad I don't know any bank robbers.
    "I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss

  4. #4
    Grand Admiral Mildoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Hmm... So, hypothetically, if I were to steal something worth $20, I could pay that off with the $25 they give me?

  5. #5
    Rod
    Rod is offline
    Sith Lord Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Tennessee

    Quote Originally Posted by Mildoo View Post
    Hmm... So, hypothetically, if I were to steal something worth $20, I could pay that off with the $25 they give me?
    Yeah, but by identifying yourself you'd be paying out more out of pocket for court costs when you get charged for theft. I don't think the $25 is only if the info given to them leads to a conviction but I do think they have to be able to prove that the person you tell them it is, is actually the person.

    I know several people who work for loss prevention at local stores that will love the ability to be able to post pics and have a better chance of identifying suspects.
    ...better get used to it, I'm still here and ain't going anywhere anytime soon.:p

  6. Thanks from: Mildoo
  7. #6
    High Admiral kingbrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006

    dont like it. it doesnt seem to be regulated, and in our guilty-until-proven-innocent society the last thing we need is peoples images being thrown up on this site so armchair detectives can decide who gets harassed by the police. I dont see why the police would like it either...you just know the amount of false leads this will generate will make it worthless.

    imo, this is only a few steps away from doning hockey pads and rubber masks
    saddestmoon likes this.

  8. #7
    Sith Lord BIGJIM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeastern Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    ID This Person

    Just heard about this site today. It seems to be starting out but it could be quite interesting....and you get paid $25 if you can ID somebody from the pics they got. I think the idea is to help stores and police identify folks caught on camera committing crimes. What do you all think?
    I think people will get $25 for IDing someone and then whomever runs the site will get a $25,000 reward for turning in the tip.
    It's actually smart thinking.

  9. #8
    Emperor CadBane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A Hostage Crisis

    Snitch and make $25 so you could potentially have a vindictive psychopath on your *** anyone that strapped for cash? :/
    Good Soldiers Follow Orders Good Soldiers Follow Orders

  10. #9
    Grand Admiral SWDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Findlay, Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrat View Post
    dont like it. it doesnt seem to be regulated, and in our guilty-until-proven-innocent society the last thing we need is peoples images being thrown up on this site so armchair detectives can decide who gets harassed by the police. I dont see why the police would like it either...you just know the amount of false leads this will generate will make it worthless.

    imo, this is only a few steps away from doning hockey pads and rubber masks
    That and doing the heil five and marching around doing the goosestep. This is a slippery slope.
    saddestmoon and BIGJIM like this.
    "There is no disgrace in getting old, it is just damned inconvenient." - M.R.M 1903-1988

    My Feedback!

  11. #10
    Emperor's Hand Strikefoil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas

    I would report someone to unsolved mysteries.
    My feedback thread

    Operation Crackdown: Getting rid of corrupt people one day at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •