Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ID this person. New site u can ID people and get paid

Rod

ID this person. New site u can ID people and get paid

ID This Person

Just heard about this site today. It seems to be starting out but it could be quite interesting....and you get paid $25 if you can ID somebody from the pics they got. I think the idea is to help stores and police identify folks caught on camera committing crimes. What do you all think?
    ...better get used to it, I'm still here and ain't going anywhere anytime soon.:p

•    
    Too bad my state doesn't participate.
    Am I crazy? Or am I so sane that I blew your mind?

High Admiral

Too bad I don't know any bank robbers.
    "I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss

Hmm... So, hypothetically, if I were to steal something worth $20, I could pay that off with the $25 they give me?

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Mildoo View Post
    Hmm... So, hypothetically, if I were to steal something worth $20, I could pay that off with the $25 they give me?
    Yeah, but by identifying yourself you'd be paying out more out of pocket for court costs when you get charged for theft. I don't think the $25 is only if the info given to them leads to a conviction but I do think they have to be able to prove that the person you tell them it is, is actually the person.

I know several people who work for loss prevention at local stores that will love the ability to be able to post pics and have a better chance of identifying suspects.
    ...better get used to it, I'm still here and ain't going anywhere anytime soon.:p

6. Thanks from: Mildoo

dont like it. it doesnt seem to be regulated, and in our guilty-until-proven-innocent society the last thing we need is peoples images being thrown up on this site so armchair detectives can decide who gets harassed by the police. I dont see why the police would like it either...you just know the amount of false leads this will generate will make it worthless.

imo, this is only a few steps away from doning hockey pads and rubber masks
    saddestmoon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    ID This Person

Just heard about this site today. It seems to be starting out but it could be quite interesting....and you get paid $25 if you can ID somebody from the pics they got. I think the idea is to help stores and police identify folks caught on camera committing crimes. What do you all think?
    I think people will get $25 for IDing someone and then whomever runs the site will get a $25,000 reward for turning in the tip.
    It's actually smart thinking.

Snitch and make $25 so you could potentially have a vindictive psychopath on your *** anyone that strapped for cash? :/
    Good Soldiers Follow Orders Good Soldiers Follow Orders

Quote Originally Posted by kingbrat View Post
    dont like it. it doesnt seem to be regulated, and in our guilty-until-proven-innocent society the last thing we need is peoples images being thrown up on this site so armchair detectives can decide who gets harassed by the police. I dont see why the police would like it either...you just know the amount of false leads this will generate will make it worthless.

imo, this is only a few steps away from doning hockey pads and rubber masks
    That and doing the heil five and marching around doing the goosestep. This is a slippery slope.
    saddestmoon and BIGJIM like this.
    "There is no disgrace in getting old, it is just damned inconvenient." - M.R.M 1903-1988

My Feedback!

I would report someone to unsolved mysteries.
    My feedback thread

Operation Crackdown: Getting rid of corrupt people one day at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast