Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Anyone miss the Star Wars Power of the Force 2 and Saga 2 figures in stores?

Banned

Anyone miss the Star Wars Power of the Force 2 and Saga 2 figures in stores?

At leat for those two action figure lines you would find more than just figure of a character like for Ewoks for crying out loud.

The new recent Vintage Style Collection you can barely find a freakin Ewok in stores. If you're lucky you would find only just ONE lousy stinking figure while the rest of the Vintage Collection figures are Sandtroopers, a few Cloud City Pilots, dumb Dagobah Landing Luke figures and Revenge of the Sith Clone troopers.

personally I think the Power of the Force 2 and Saga 2 lines they have better looking figures that are still awesome
    AdmiralScreed likes this.

GNT

Well looking back on the POTF line it did have a great selection of figures in every wave that kept collecting very fresh and interesting. We live in a different time now and stores aren't fully stocked liked they used to.

Emperor's Hand trandoshanhunter's Avatar

Well, I just wish I could just find POTE SNITKIN!!!!
    Last edited by trandoshanhunter; 10-20-2011 at 05:24 PM.
    No Yuuzhan Vong in the Sequel Trilogy Please!

The Doomsday Clock nears midnight on the Hasbro SW line...

Fleet Admiral

I agree. I personally like vintage and POFT2 the best. Also like POTJ figures. They were more substantial, and could all stand up on their own easily. Also, the newer figures are smaller. I guess the cost of plastic is driving creative decisions even for 3 3/4 in figures these days. These are some of the reasons I'm not buying any new figures lately. I am excited by the deluxe vehicles though. The detail is fantastic, the sound and lighting effects are awesome, and they're HUGE! Only real drawback is the price $149.99 until they go on sale. Only real bit of excitement in the Star Wars universe these days (for me).
    Last edited by Jedi_Master; 10-23-2011 at 03:56 PM.
    Owwwwrrrgghh Awwrrraahhhhhrrrgg

Leave feedback for me here

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master View Post
    I agree. I personally like vintage and POFT2 the best.
    I have the biggest soft spot for the POTF2 figures too because that's what I started hoarding first, I mean I know the boxart sucks but compared to the [original] vintage figures (seriously you can't tell what some of the vintage figures are supposed to be!) and modern figures (which are becoming more and more flimsy I'm certain of) they really stand out as being cracking figures.

As long as you ignore chicken legs Leia.
    And maybe muscle man Luke (though that sculpt does match that old poster where he looks like he's been working out)
    -Shel
    "I wouldn't want to be part of any club that would have me for a member" :anonymous:

Quote Originally Posted by jamesanshutz View Post
    At leat for those two action figure lines you would find more than just figure of a character like for Ewoks for crying out loud.
    So true.

Back then you didn't have distribution issues or scalper competition that, today, forces you to go store-hopping all over the d@mn place or resort to ebay to acquire a complete wave. You walked in and found everything your little OCD heart desired. Zero frustration and always happy hunting back in '95/'96.
    Last edited by deadpool; 10-23-2011 at 07:35 PM.

High Admiral

Yes, I really miss those POTF2 days, primarily from '95 - late '98. For the most part, figures/vehicles were a lot easier to find then. That being said, I remember having a hard time finding the 8 figures in the Luke Stormtrooper wave on the red cards when they first hit in Fall 1996 (Luke Storm., Momaw Nadon, DS G., Jawa, Sandperson, Sandtrooper, Greedo, R5-D4). I never saw those, but when the ANH/ESB/ROTJ Special Editions hit theatres in January-March '97, they re-released these on the green cards and they were very plentiful. Going into a TRU back in those days & seeing a ton of these green-carded figures was great.

And, getting figures that I always wanted as a kid but had never been released before was nice; S. Leia (from Jabba's Palace), Grand Moff Tarkin, and Garindan (elephant-nosed spy from Mos Eisley) immediately come to mind. Also, I had missed the extremely rare & HTF A-wing Fighter when it first hit in the original POTF line back in the mid-'80's, so getting the updated, superior version in '97 was great.

Sure, sculpts & articulation have improved a lot since then, but that doesn't take away from these cool POTF2 figures, which were, for the most part, a vast improvement from the original vintage figures that had been released in the '70's & '80's.
    Last edited by ThallJoben; 10-26-2011 at 09:08 AM.
    SheldoUK likes this.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by trandoshanhunter View Post
    Well, I just wish I could just find POTE SNITKIN!!!!
    I found it and am waiting for it in the post. How rare are they?

I wasn't a collector in these days. truth be told I was a young lad that just had some figures and movies to watch. But the majority of my childhood toys came from these lines, and I do miss them. It was easier for me to play with non-articulated figures rather than major articulation (which wasn't around then).
    "Whenever I thought of new figures about a year ago, I saw good sculpt and great paint, now I see good sculpt, but figures that look like glossy chocolate."
    Think about it for a while. Now I bet you're hungry.

Emperor's Hand trandoshanhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jcc2224cody View Post
    i found it and am waiting for it in the post. How rare are they?
    very rare.
    No Yuuzhan Vong in the Sequel Trilogy Please!

The Doomsday Clock nears midnight on the Hasbro SW line...

•    
    Wow...I'm glad I didn't pass it up then. I almost did...

I just checked Ebay, there are some on there Buy it Now for 9 if that's cheap enough for you.
    Last edited by Jcc2224Cody; 10-26-2011 at 08:41 PM.
    "Whenever I thought of new figures about a year ago, I saw good sculpt and great paint, now I see good sculpt, but figures that look like glossy chocolate."
    Think about it for a while. Now I bet you're hungry.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast