Page 38 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Mara Jade - #14

•    
    I badly want most of those figures but I voted Jocasta too since I feel that if she doesn't win she may never get made. Many of the others I feel Hasbro already has the intentions of making.

Interesting how many similarities this time has with last.

Obviously all the returning characters
    Captain Pellaeon
    Cleigg Lars
    Darth Plagueis
    Guri
    Jaxxon
    Jocasta Nu
    Joruus C'baoth
    Sergeant Doallyn
    Sim Aloo
    Toryn Farr
    Tzizvvt

but most of the new characters have parallels.
    Captain Piett = Grand Moff Tarkin
    Emperor Palpatine (RotJ) = Darth Sidious (Senate Duel)
    Mara Jade Skywalker = Bastila Shan or Dash Rendar
    Mosep Binneed = Bom Vimdin
    Nikto (Vintage) = Weequay (Skiff Master)
    Nute Gunray (ROTS) = Tey How
    Saelt-Marae (Yak Face) = Cane Adiss

Only Death Squad Commander and Princess Kneesaa don't really. But I guess one could say the DSC could link to the Rebel Fleet Trooper as an OT trooper and Kneesaa with Bastila Shan as a female EU character.

Voted Doallyn! I came close to picking Vinkto or Mosep...but darn it I really want Skiff Doallyn made!
    "Mmmmmmmmm, egg-salady!!!"

Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous, Lak Sivrak (SA resculpt), Sgt Doallyn (skiff), Sy Snootles (original puppet), Shasa Tiel, Admiral Piett

Emperor

Mara Jade Skywalker.

Everyone else from the films--especially OT, and vintage-related--has either been on the poll before, or talked about enough that you KNOW they WILL make them.

For EU, this is one of the few ways of letting Hasbro know that we want figures. The OT & PT selections are mostly 'duh, of course they'll be made'. Even Flyhead and Jedi Librarian (okay, maybe not them, or Cliegg... but possibly!). But EU? We gotta fight to get representation... and usually it's not so much what fans want as whatever EU strikes Hasbro's fancy internally (like the lazy Joker Squad set, or the Crimson Empire obsession). And Mara Jade has had some CRAPPY representation via Hasbro, with a good-for-POTF2-but-that's-not-saying-much 1998 figure and a gee-this-is-really-crappy-by-modern-standards Comic Pack figure. A proper JEDI Mara would be excellent.

That said, seeing Joruus (the oft-ignored major villain of the Thrawn Trilogy--ie, the one the main OT heroes, and Mara, actually FOUGHT while Thrawn was off being killed by his own bodyguard) or Pellaeon or Plagueis or even Jaxxon win would be spectacular. Well, Pellaeon would just be 'okay' I guess, since he'd just be an Imperial Officer with a new head--could be great, could be 'Ozzel head on Thrawn body' utter garbage. Kneesaa's already sculpted, and Guri's been one of the most highly-demanded SOTE figures since 1996, so either winning seems a waste; they'll find a way out somehow (like the Noghri, hopefully).

But a good Mara, particularly one from NJO-and-after that's NOT some Imperial Agent but the love of Luke's life and mother to Ben Skywalker... she needs some help. So she gets a vote.

Screw the Nikto. It's foolish to vote for that figure, BECAUSE it's a Vintage gap. IT WILL BE FILLED, POLL OR NO. Same with the Emperor, Yakface, Sim Aloo, Death Star Controlleryguy.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
    The OT & PT selections are mostly 'duh, of course they'll be made'. Even Flyhead and Jedi Librarian (okay, maybe not them, or Cliegg... but possibly!).
    Maybe, but I'd like ROTS Gunray in my lifetime, considering that we only get a new Neimoidian figure like every three to five years or more.

The only exception being the time span between the Neimoidian Warrior and Lushros Dofine.
    Last edited by Rune_Haako; 10-21-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Decided not to try and reverse-engineer the poll and to vote for the character that would make me happiest to see in plastic, without regard for what I think Hasbro will/won't do anyway. And so it was...

The Emperor.

No candidate is really a no-brainer on these polls. We could have said many of those vintage gaps were shoe-ins 10 years ago in the first few polls, yet we still don't have some of them made.
    "Mmmmmmmmm, egg-salady!!!"

Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous, Lak Sivrak (SA resculpt), Sgt Doallyn (skiff), Sy Snootles (original puppet), Shasa Tiel, Admiral Piett

High Admiral

Jaxxon! Jaxxon! Jaxxon!
    Wants: Some of those nifty "Rapid Strike" mini-rigs

I pretty much want all of those figures so it's a tough decision, but I chose Sgt Doallyn as he is my #1 most wanted.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Emperor's Hand trandoshanhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    I pretty much want all of those figures so it's a tough decision, but I chose Sgt Doallyn as he is my #1 most wanted.
    Same here, same here.
    No Yuuzhan Vong in the Sequel Trilogy Please!

The Doomsday Clock nears midnight on the Hasbro SW line...