Page 1 of 893 1231151101501 ... LastLast
Like Tree2171Likes

Thread: The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Banned

The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Okay, so unless we learn otherwise, this is the name of the basic figure line, starting in 2010.

I don't want to start up a new section of the forums until Toy Fair, but for now just continue posting here.

Re: The Vintage Collection (2010 Basic Line)

Oooh, new section. Ladeedaa.

Anyway, yes. Previous Veers had better facesculpt, and looks great as an officer:

Well, when customized he looks great, anyway.

The new one doesn't look like he's going to look great either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blight
    I really don't see how a lack of ankle joints "renders a figure a waste". That's just a silly mentality to have about these figures. I mean seriously. What great benefit can you get from ankle joints? What sort of radical and movie inaccurate things can you achieve with an ankle joint? Chances are they'll have em but even if they don't the hasbro ankle joints are too tight and dont serve a purpose anyways.
    I should have been more clear. Lack of ankles alone doesn't render a figure a waste - Lumiya and Rum Sleg had no ankles and were still awesome figures. However, I think that the lack of ankles of this Bespin Luke does make it a waste - especially for the premiere wave of the long anticipated Vintage line - because this version is merely a slight correction to the passable VTAC version, fixing the face, gun and saber on belt while adding hips. However, IMO he's a waste because they fixed those issues but created a new one - sure ankles are not 100% necessary on a backgrounder type, but on one of Luke's most action oriented, dynamic outfits, they are an important feature. Thus, I see this Luke as a real letdown because Hasbro fixed all the other issues while making a new one for no reason - they had BJ ankles on the VTAC one!

Of course, if in the small chance this does turn out to be a prototype, I have no issues with the figure and it's all good.
    Anyone who plays/collects the LOTR TMG drop me a PM!

My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1039153/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curto
    Wow, you guys are crazy...complaining about ANKLES?? REALLY?

I can already see the Q&A sessions next round...

Just be patient...all will be revealed...
    Yes, they're only protos, but if Dengar and "Veers" have them at this stage, it's a little concerning - especially since the sculpts are created with articulation in mind and they're clearly indicated on the study sheet assigned to the sculptor. It drives me crazy to see obscure secondary figures have points of articulation that are omitted from main characters.

Hell, even characters like Bane Malar, Yarna, Bale Organa, Pons Limbic, Hrchek Kal Fas and Leesub Sirln have ankle articulation. Leesub ****ing Sirln!

Exactly. Veers needs them way, way less than Luke - all Veers does is stand. it can't cost any more to give ankles to Luke than Veers, right?
    Anyone who plays/collects the LOTR TMG drop me a PM!

My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1039153/

•    

I think VTC wouldve been better. "Vintage Tribute Collection" doesnt have a "the" in it and thus everyone won't make horrid sentences that misuse the term. Acronyms are not a free pass to just throw a "the" into some random place in a sentence!
    Even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly giving first aid the already disheveled hair projection

Emperor's Hand VintijDroidGutzz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Atmo
    I think VTC wouldve been better. "Vintage Tribute Collection" doesnt have a "the" in it and thus everyone won't make horrid sentences that misuse the term. Acronyms are not a free pass to just throw a "the" into some random place in a sentence!
    Agreed! Plus it's an accurate description of the new line, & it has a great catchy ring to it.

Come on Curto!
    _________
    "..don't call me a mindless philosopher - you overweight glob of grease!!"

•    

Yeah you can use the term for these and every past figure. VTC is perfect!
    Even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly giving first aid the already disheveled hair projection

9. Thanks from: antiquegamer

I like The Vintage Collection(TVC). Nice and simple wording.

John
    darth7654 likes this.

Grand Moff

This line is gonna be expensive !

Also it is clearly collector-oriented.

12. Thanks from: Romba
Page 1 of 893 1231151101501 ... LastLast