Page 1 of 168 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Celebration VI General Discussion

Banned

Celebration VI General Discussion

Wanna rap about an area/aspect of CVI that doesn't have its own dedicated thread?

Then post away right here!

Re: Celebration VI General Discussion

So my first question is why 2012? I know it was premature but I was anticipating 2013 as the 30th anniversary of ROTJ. I know I am okay that year but next year I already had something in the works.

Anyone else surprised by this timing?

Second question is why after school starts in so many areas? Most of Kansas is back to school a week or 2 weeks before these dates.

Cause the world ends in December 2012.

I'm guessing they picked those dates because it's about the same timing as the last con and that still brought in the masses despite short notice.
    TK/TB/CC-5400
    Check out my Collection
    Feedback
    Join the Anime thread!

What I heard is that Reed got LFL to sign a 5 year deal. So the way I see it, is last year, next year, and 2014. Just a guess on the last date though.
    ''Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
    my feedback
    "What is considered from a GG's point of view "near future"? " -- LightSword 07/08/13

2013 would have made a lot more sense to me, being Jedi's 30th. I'm excited about this as much as any other Celebration, but it seems to be missing a "theme", if you know what I mean. I think it will be hard to top C5 as far as Empire's anniversary, the Blu-Ray announcement, Main Event, etc..

Grand Admiral

What doesn't make sense (for the 2nd year in a row) is having this supposedly "for everyone" show to take place a week AFTER school has already started in many areas (like mine).

Thanks Reed.

Fleet Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by The_Chosen_1
    2013 would have made a lot more sense to me, being Jedi's 30th. I'm excited about this as much as any other Celebration, but it seems to be missing a "theme", if you know what I mean. I think it will be hard to top C5 as far as Empire's anniversary, the Blu-Ray announcement, Main Event, etc..
    Isn"t 2002 when AOTC hitted big screens ? If so it will be its 10 years, might be the "theme"..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by French_Sidious
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Chosen_1
    Isn"t 2002 when AOTC hitted big screens ? If so it will be its 10 years, might be the "theme"..
    Or just simply 35 years of SW.

Quote Originally Posted by tk421_1_2
    What doesn't make sense (for the 2nd year in a row) is having this supposedly "for everyone" show to take place a week AFTER school has already started in many areas (like mine).

Thanks Reed.
    It's a little odd, but most of the celebration takes place after school Friday at through the weekend.....for locals at least. If I were still in school, I would just take off that Friday at get down to Orlando!
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view"
    "This above all: To thine own own self be true."
    "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."

I think that by doing this in 2012 just shows that they are no longer concerned with trying to line up a Celebration with any kind of anniversary.

The first three were to celebrate the prequel releases. I'm betting they never originally planned to keep them going after that, but the fan interest made it possible.

I honestly think it was just coincidence that these have lined up with any anniversaries. I think it just took three years to plan these before because they were always going to a different location. That means new convention center, new hotels, etc.

By going back to O'Lando, that work is already done so they can probably crank them out quicker.

Page 1 of 168 1231151101 ... LastLast