Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Art by Benjamin Carre

Admiral

I agree. I love his work but I'm the two for sale are not pieces I would have on my wall. The AT-AT, Jabba however would be on there in a heartbeat!!
    Looking for MR Millenium Falcon - FOUND!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Feedback

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_the_Wookiee View Post
    I have to be honest, i really don't understand Benjamin Carré's businessmodel.

Don't get me wrong, the trinity and rancor pieces are cool, but imo they are the least interesting pieces of them all.
    Why would he do these INCREDIBLE pieces and just do one, if he could sell 100's if he wanted to? Does he make that much money doing just one exclusively?

I would order the Obi/Tusken, AT-AT driver, Jabba and Dagobah R-2 in a heartbeat, but all he did is make one? I can't fathom that.
    I just visited the site and both trinity and the rancor are still for sale after several months. I will guarantee you that wouldn't have happened with ANY of those other pieces, so i don't get it!
    I agree. He's missing the boat by not offering more options, its irritating...

Lieutenant Commander grizzzzlies's Avatar

I'm getting a little frustrated with Mr Carre as well. May 1st last year I gave him 50% payment for a commission. He told me he was quite busy and it would take about 6 months. I've remained quite patient but I asked politely for an update, both through his gmail and Facebook (which he is active on) and he has basically ignored me. Not impressed. I have a spot on my wall all ready for his piece. Every time I look at it (which is often since its right above my tv) I'm reminded of the money put towards it nearly a year ago.

Commodore

Ouch that sucks. Communication is the most important thing to me when I commission a artist. I have waited a over year for a couple artists to complete a commission, but when I emailed them they always got back to me that day or the next at the latest, with a update.

I've also had to chase down a artist one time to get updates on a commission from them, and while frustrating and a little nerve racking on if I am getting cheated out of my money, in the end the artist spent extra time on the piece and it came out GREAT, and he even threw in some prints as a "I'm sorry it took so long".

Carre is fairly well known, and I dont think he will want to risk his rep and future work by ripping off a customer. I would keep emailing him about once a week or maybe every two, be nice in all of them, but be persistant in wanting a update on where you are in his workload.

So I sent another very polite update request....He replied. Turns out he's been in the hospital recovering from a hernia. Now I feel bad about pestering him. Looks like he's going with a scene between Chewie and Leia as they approach Jabba's palace. I hope to get a timeframe from him soon.

Commodore

Don't feel to bad about pestering him. It has been 6 months, he didnt answer the other emails he sent you, and he does have your money, so you are completly in the right for asking for a update. However now you have a answer, and it sounds like progress is being made, let a month go by if you havent heard from him by then, just ask for a general update. A once a month update isnt a bad thing to ask for.

UPDATE: Looks like he's either in progress or about to start. May have something to show by the end of the week.

getting excited now....

Captain

So... uhh... you're going to let us buy copies from you, right?

Another UPDATE:

I just heard from Benjamin.....looks like my piece will be done by Wednesday! In his words: (translated of course) "It will be beautiful" can not wait!

I also asked him about his OTHER star wars pieces. He mentioned that 2 are available on ABYstyle, Some are covers that he can't sell. Commissions for collectors like me (including the AT-AT driver, Obi vs tuskens, Artoo under water etc) are also unavailable. He did say however, that his 'fan art' is available to be sold. I've asked him for prices and I'll let you all know what he says.

Among the pieces he listed as 'fan art' was his Boba Fett piece titled "The Trophy"
    Benjamin Carre’s “Trophy” - News – The Boba Fett Fan Club

Admiral

I'd definitely take one of the 'The Trophy'
    Looking for MR Millenium Falcon - FOUND!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Feedback

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast