Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: Reflections of Christian Waggoner

Reflections of Christian Waggoner

One of the highlights of the Celebration was visiting with one of my favorite artists, Christian Waggoner. For those of you unfamiliar with his work, I am linking his masterpieces below...... ACME was due to host a panel with Christian doing a live painting on Friday morning but it was unfortunately cancelled. HOWEVER, ACME lined up the next best thing - he was painting his latest piece live on the floor next to the ACME exhbibit.

Over the course of the con, you could watch Jango Fett w/ Mace in the reflection come to life before your eyes! As Morly stated in anther thread, the final image has not been seen yet.

Christian and I discussed the future and I was thrilled at what he had to say.....I'll give you characters, but you can all guess at the "reflections".

Following the Jango will be another PT piece. Then C3PO will be featured in the Visions book and hopefully as a print via ACME. R2D2 is coming (I was able to see the reference shot/angle from Christian's digital camera!). Final piece discussed is a Biker Scout! Which is one I have been hoping for, for a long, long time.

Super friendly guy and I hope he takes me up on my invite to join Rebelscum and join the great art community we have here.

NOTE - First Vader, Stormtrooper, and Boba Fett are all SOLD OUT in the small canvas versions. I own the Fett and Stormtrooper, and they are phenomenal.

An Atlanta native, Christian Waggoner brings a fresh new look to the world of Star Wars fine art. His uniquely enhanced photo-realistic style makes viewer wonder how he achieves such skillful detail with a mere brush and canvas. He has gained prestige and success through more than a decade of high-profile commissions including impressive paintings of athletes for the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta as well as this and future exciting new releases for the Star Wars fine art program.

And when hope has sailed away, Glory's made its grave
    Keep on keeping on...
    When the devil's arm seems strong
    Brother, keep on keeping on...

Emperor's Hand

Re: Reflections of Christian Waggoner

I looked through these the other day. Didn't see the Fett though. Man those are awesome pieces!!
    1993 1999 2013 GO NOLES!!

A quick shot of mine, in my office.

LINQ0311 likes this.
    Keep on keeping on...

•    

selling a few prints soo i can get the fett and vader w/ obi wan prints... If i dont sell what i got, im just gonna buy a copy of each outright they look jaw dropping !!! Maybe he can do a Tie fighter Pilot with the back of Lukes xwing or hans millenium flacon reflecting in his eyes.
    it is what it is!

•    

oops double post, my bad
    it is what it is!

Unless you are aiming for the mega size, Fett and 1st Vader are sold out. But maybe you are referring to the paper versions? Gotta go Canvas, that's my motto.
    Keep on keeping on...

•    

yeah looking paper, spent too much at CV but I still appreciate these pieces that he has done, I wish I had just gotten them sooner.
    it is what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by ddoughboy1978
    yeah looking paper, spent too much at CV but I still appreciate these pieces that he has done, I wish I had just gotten them sooner.
    Isn't the paper Boba REALLY small (12X12)? Beek, IIRC you had that and sold it right?

Quote Originally Posted by BenObi_70
    Quote Originally Posted by ddoughboy1978

Isn't the paper Boba REALLY small (12X12)? Beek, IIRC you had that and sold it right?

That's correct. Paper size did not cut it for me...the next size up in canvas is perfection imo.
    Keep on keeping on...

These are great prints Beek. Wish I had picked them up on canvas. Cheers!
    "Where are you taking this THING?"

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast