Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Sci-Fi Titaniums

Captain

Sci-Fi Titaniums

After watching Avatar for the 50th time, I was thinking how cool it would be to see the gunships and AMP suits in titanium diecast form. Got to thinking and thought of other sci-fi vehicles I would like to see in titanium form:

Alien (Nostromo and Narcissus)
    Aliens (Sulaco, dropship, APC)
    Alien Resurrection (the Betty)
    League of Extrordinary Gentlemen (Captain Nemo's sub and car)
    Serenity/Firefly
    Starship Troopers

Care to add to the list?

Emperor

Re: Sci-Fi Titaniums

My wish list...along with the above:

Terminator HK's: Aerial (all versions), tank, Motor-Terminator, Harvester
    Black Hole: Cygnus, Palomino, Probe ship, VINCENT & BOB
    Buck Rogers: Starfighter, Draconian Marauder, Ardala's flagship, Hawk's ship.
    Mad Max: V-8 Interceptor, dirty V-8 (Road Warrior), Gyrocopter, Humungus vehicle
    2001/2010: Pan Am clipper, Moon shuttle and bus, Discovery, Leonov
    No time to answer stupid questions! - Decepticon Swindle

Not sure if you know this but all of the Aliens ship you mentioned are made in Titanium size (but not diecast) by Konami, and there's a small MM/TS-sized Betty that came with the Alien Aqua figure.
    Diecast would be sweet, though.

Beside those, I'd also love to see Titanium-sized ships from:
    2001/2010
    Riddick
    Matrix
    5th Element
    Dune
    HHGTTG
    Galaxy Quest
    Star Trek XI
    and many, many others....

Shame that Hasbro dropped the Stargate ships they were planning to do as Titaniums.

Deak, Corgi made a James Bond "Little Nellie" Gyrocopter that's TS size... I've got one. There's also a set of Mad Max stuff from Japan but it's pricey... and probably too big.
    http://www.hlj.com/product/AUT52745

I'm with you guys on the Alien films and Starship Troopers, and I would have liked to have seen more on the BSG front.

I'd also like to see:
    Babylon 5
    Stargate
    Farscape
    GI Joe

E...
    Eric Franks
    "Flamey Bra Underboobs is the Slave Leia of the Anime world. Pass it on..." - @nomadixxx via Twitter
    Trade Feedback

Can we get a Satellite of Love (MST3K)?

I agree with everything that was already mentioned. Especially with the Starship Troopers, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Farscape and Babylon 5.

I want to add:

Battle Beyond the Stars
    -Malmori Warship
    Last Starfighter
    -Gunstar, Centauri's Car
    Seaquest DSV
    -Seaquest, Stingers, evil Bridger's Missile sub( I honestly don't remember the name)
    TRON & TRON Legacy
    -Recognizer, Light Cycles, Light Runner, Sarik's Carrier!!!

Deak_Starkiller, Hawk's ship from Buck Rogers is badazz!
    That'd be cool to own. Has any company ever made that ship? A Japanese company? A garage kit?

Update: Here's my answer BattleBuck

Captain

Hey Darth,

Got any pics of those Konami Alien ships or the Betty? I know Micro Machines/Galoob made the Action Fleet gunship, APC, and Narcissus, all which I have and are awesome in detail. I know they also made the smaller micro machine versions of them. Would be nice to have some detailed diecast versions of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Warsaw_Wonder
    Deak_Starkiller, Hawk's ship from Buck Rogers is badazz!
    That'd be cool to own. Has any company ever made that ship? A Japanese company? A garage kit?
    My hawk eyes see things that yours do not, Buck.
    My hawk feet carry me gently over the alien terrain, Buck.
    I always thought he was hilarious.

Minimodelmadness makes a small resin garage kit (4") of the Hawk ship but they're not selling 'em on eBay right now. I think they made a Seeker, too.
    I can dig up their direct email, if you want it... drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLOU75
    Hey Darth,

Got any pics of those Konami Alien ships or the Betty? I know Micro Machines/Galoob made the Action Fleet gunship, APC, and Narcissus, all which I have and are awesome in detail. I know they also made the smaller micro machine versions of them. Would be nice to have some detailed diecast versions of them.
    Hey Lou,
    I've got the MMs and the AFs too but the Konamis are even more nicely detailed... typically great Japanese sculpting, IMO. They are made of resin and come pre-painted.

Some closeups here:
    http://figurines-alien.over-blog.com...MI-511466.html

If you want to see the Alien ships next to Titaniums for scale purposes, check out the "Wall" link in my signature below... they're all in there.

You gotta check out the (Aqua Alien) Betty that DS repainted... he did a fantastic job.

Interesting thread - I think a similar one popped up when the BSG Titanium line was announced. Its a shame that SW Titaniums are on hiatus - because without them, theres really no chance of seeing anything else.

Hasbro tried experimenting with other lines outside of SW and BSG with Indiana Jones, Transformers, etc - but found very little success. I think they could have expanded into other SyFy Channel properties (when they were on the air), but I doubt we'll ever see them now. That being said, I would have LOVED a Farscape line, even if it was only 1 wave of ships!

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast