Page 242 of 375 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 3746
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: Star Trek Titanium or Micro Machine sized ships

Yeah, I'll probably wait a little while too, Rev. Should be a little cheaper after the initial collector pounce.

FYI: The OP Kit is indeed the Tactical Cube as we thought earlier, not a regular cube. Weird, the regular cube doesn't seem to be on the release list at all, just seen in a few promo shots. Hmmm, WTF?

Oops, forgot the pic. Hmmm, wonder if you can remove the armour from the Tac cube to make a regular cube?

How strange that the regular Cube has vanished. It was in the earliest solicitation materials, but then 'poof!' gone. Oh well, I didn't need one anyhow so I'm not personally bothered, but it's bizarre. It is the most iconic Borg ship there is, so to not include it in the Borg expansion is like leaving the Warbird out of a Romulan set. So strange.

Whoop, whoop! An awesome buddy of mine just snagged me a starter set, map and OP Tactical Cube for $25 all told from his local comic shop! I'm stunned by that amazing deal. He's a regular customer so they looked after him well, and by association me too. I'm so jazzed right now. I had expected to pay aftermarket rates for a cube on e-bay, and certainly never expected to land an OP version, not that the mini is any different. Lucky nerd right here! I owe my buddy big for this one.

Wow, huge congrats on your score, Rev! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, your collector karma is golden! Namaste, dude.

In other news, TrekCore has a (typically) cool article about Galoob toys here:
    Galoob 25: The First Generation of TNG Toys (Part I) | TrekCore Blog

I note that they answered the question as to why test shots are usually produced in funky colours: as we suspected, they produce them with whatever colour plastic they happen to have in the machine at the time. It's as simple as that.
    Hopefully, there'll be more about the ships in Part 2.

BTW, there's an article from a few weeks back about the Galoob cereal toys here, I forgot to mention it then:
    Star Trek and Cheerios: Part of a Balanced Breakfast | TrekCore Blog

Great articles DD! Thanks for posting them. I was totally ignorant of TrekCore till just now, so my mind has been opened, and blown!

Aww, thanks for the kind words. I think the same goes for any of us in this little thread club. It's a great group we have here, based my experiences with everyone.

I really do suck at holding my nerve and should stay off e-bay. I just went ahead and bought all my remaining wants from Tactics III. On the plus side, I managed to pay below retail for all but the Species 8472 Vessel and Borg Diamond. The fleet is now on its way.

Wow Rev! Agree with DD, couldn't happen to a nicer guy, even if you are a Kiwi. :-p That Tactical Cube is going for the mid $40 mark by itself on ebay at the moment, so that's an awesome deal!
    And when he gets to heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell, one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Wow, great gets there, Rev. Very nice. Can't wait to see them!

The questions about the regular cube got me curious and I checked back at HCRealms and there was a suggestion that it might end up the AW OP kit, but I thought they were teasing a giant cube for that. I wonder if it'll be like the TOS RBoP and show up in standard AW form first.

In EM news acording to a facebook report they're already soliciting UK subscribers for the first special, DS9, due to ship to subs "soon" and available to everyone else November 28th for 18.99. With as many special issues as they've been promising, it's great to see them getting ready with the first already.

Thanks very much for the generous kind words DW. It is kinda nice to know that line is taken care of now. I'm thrilled with the deal I managed to snag on the Borg Cube, which made overpaying for the Diamond a little more palatable.

Totally off topic, but I know you guys will enjoy this. A buddy of mine alerted me to a nicely edited and scored 10 minute summation of the Original Star Wars trilogy on youtube. If you have 10 minutes and want to enjoy the OT cut, trailer-style, into a pretty cool short, it's pretty well done.

Back on Trek again, I was fumbling about online and happened upon this rather inventive fan-made digital model of an original series style Akira class. It was too neat not to share. I found it here ...