Page 1 of 553 1231151101501 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Masters of the Universe Classics

High Admiral

Masters of the Universe Classics

Well, I figured this news deserved its own thread!! Apparently Mattel is at the NYCC and is displaying a brand new King Grayskull figure in its package from the brand new MOTU Classics line . The only picture found on the net so far is pretty grainy, but the report is legit. Hopefully they will announce more plans during their collector panel on Saturday.

And for those of you asking, King Grayskull is a character from one of the season 2 episodes of the new MOTU cartoon series.
    Always looking for rare or odd Boba Fett items and vintage Masters of the Universe

Re: Masters of the Universe Classics

Thanks man! Awsome news. HUGE MOTU fan here!
    Oh maaaan that was my dinner.
    No,No,No this suckers electrical.

Line Captain

Count me in with this line - can't wait to see pics!
    I'm working on my deployments and flanking maneuvers.
    - Al Swearengen

Moff

So, like the cold-cast statues, does anyone know if this line will be compatible with what they have already made (as in the recent stuff from a few years ago)? I would really hate to have to reinvest in a new line of the same stuff.

High Admiral

From the early report, they are a little bulkier.

Apparently the figure is not in the case now that the con is open. The only thing Mattel has in the case right now is a vintage "Wonder Bread" He-Man. The new stuff is supposedly going to be revealed at Mattel's MOTU collector panel tomorrow afternoon.

It's going to be very hard to sleep tonight
    Always looking for rare or odd Boba Fett items and vintage Masters of the Universe

High Admiral

Line Captain

Quote Originally Posted by toyman
    Wow, I must have that! Sadly, with a new house there is no way I'm getting to San Diego. Anyone taking orders that is going?
    - Al Swearengen

High Admiral

More news from the panel about the new line:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=12831

Line Captain

Wow, a whole new line, this is great news. I wonder what kind of price point we are looking at for the figures. And please let's hope the He-Man and Skeletor variants are kept to a minimum
    - Al Swearengen

High Admiral

There were a few updates from the Mattel q'n'a session. They said the line will be similiar to the Mattel DC Universe line currently in stores, so I'm guessing the pricepoint will be around $8-12. They also said that the waves will be evenly shipped, so that means no cases with six Skeletors and one Beastman. They also stated that they are definately listening to the collectors on this line as it is not going to be a kid-oriented line.

Page 1 of 553 1231151101501 ... LastLast