Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaving the Rebelscum Forums

Leaving the Rebelscum Forums

Hello Friends,

I wanted to take a moment to say bye to my fellow collectors here at Rebelscum. While collecting toys started out as a hobby and a passion for me and later turned into a business, the fun has left the hobby for me. I am by no means announcing any change in my profession or what I intend to do. I am simply letting everyone here know that if I donít respond to threads, it is because I wonít be checking anymore. If I donít respond to PMís, please email me directly. I am still ALWAYS willing to help out any collectors in need or assist people all over the world in their dealings with scammers who make this hobby a difficult place to trade safely, sight unseen.

My decision is solely based on the fact that my skin isnít thick enough to participate here any longer. I have tried my best for over a decade to bring honesty to this hobby and to help anyone in need. Forums are an anonymous place to toss around accusations without having to come to the realization that actual people sit on the other end. I have never behaved dishonestly, nor have I ever showed favoritism related to authentication and grading. In addition, I have always helped virtually everyone who has ever asked for my assistance. I have enough stress in my life without coming to these forums to listen to the select few people who choose to not only point out what they believe are mistakes, but also to make mean-spirited comments about the level of honesty and integrity that I (and AFA) hold dear. I donít believe any comment could be made here which I havenít responded to at some point in time. I donít wish to continue to read threads here because I donít possess the ability to easily let things roll off. I always say Ďyesí to helping everyone and care far too much about what everyone thinks of me.

I will still post announcements here, as well as eventually finish a good sticky thread related to frequently asked questions about AFA. I will miss the lime lighting aspects, as I always enjoy seeing pictures of so many wonderful items. I am also ALWAYS willing to help anyone who has questions about Star Wars collecting in general, questions about AFA, or issues with AFA. Feel free to drop me an email any time.

Thank you,

Tom

Re: Leaving the Rebelscum Forums

Sorry to hear your pride in the hobby and your work has been stunted due to the forum and sorry to see you go Tom. Although i'm not into AFA I wish you good luck for the future and thanks for what you have contributed through RS and collecting in general.
    I plan to live forever, so far so good!

While I'm extremely disappointed to see you leave the forums, Tom, I respect how you've come to what was clearly a difficult decision. I would personally like to thank you for the time you've spent in the past assisting collectors on these forums. Your presence in the AFA section was unquestionably beneficial to many members who participate here and that presence will undoubtedly be missed. I hope over time that you will reconsider your decision and once again be able to actively and frequently participate here...we'll be here waiting if that time should come!

Sincerely,
    Mike
    Buying vintage prototypes, snowtrooper rarities, & Kenner employee memorabilia

before you go tell us one thing. is it a fact you are the highest paid by afa/grading-cib/authenticating-ccc/selling? John Rollins

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the kind words. I will miss the participation myself. I will still prepare the FAQ section to help with any questions people may have in the future.

Thank you once again,

Tom

I certainly can understand your feelings on the matter and I'm sorry that you feel that you have to leave but at least know that this RS member appreciated the time/effort you spent here.

It's a shame all the "haters" had to go and run you off the board.

Take care of yourself.

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

Tom,

Though I don't post here often, you've taken the time to answer several of my emails in the past when you've clearly been busy with bigger and better things.

My impression is that you are a complete gentleman and a class act and your contributions here will be missed.

Thank you,

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by chadfett
    Tom,

Though I don't post here often, you've taken the time to answer several of my emails in the past when you've clearly been busy with bigger and better things.

My impression is that you are a complete gentleman and a class act and your contributions here will be missed.

Thank you,

Chad
    i agree tom is a nice guy. but why would he walk away from RS if his hands were not "dirty"? John Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN_ROLLINS
    before you go tell us one thing. is it a fact you are the highest paid by afa/grading-cib/authenticating-ccc/selling? John Rollins
    Was that really necessary?

Sad to see that you're deciding to leave. I know people like to take shots, as I have as well, but I don't think the intention was to drive anyone away.
    My theme song - made by my friend and I.Download mp3 file

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast