Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NOW!!! Tell me these two are NOT in Bed together!!

NOW!!! Tell me these two are NOT in Bed together!!

I told "The Man" a few months back that I wouldn't do this, but come on people give me an F-ing break.

How the heck can you even think this isn't going to go unquestioned????

1980 Kenner Star Wars Loose Leia Hoth AFA U85

If this is not a clear cut case of favoritism, then I sure as heck don't know what is.

AFA U85 My EYE!!!!! I hope AFA goes belly up because of this kind of stuff. And I don't want to hear anyone saying, "well some things slip by" ???? Yeah, by three friends of CloudCity.
    Shoot my 8 year old daughter can grade figures better than these yo-yoísÖ.

Oh, and lets don't forget the CC pitch either:
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
    Don't miss this chance to own these rare and great condition vintage Star Wars items. It is unusual to find many of them in such high grade and who knows when the next opportunity will come along.

[/QUOTE]

These companies make me sick!!!!

-John
    "Can't tell someone not to open a MOC but all hell breaks loose if you break an acrylic case lol" -Joe_O

Re: NOW!!! Tell me these two are NOT in Bed together!!

I do not believe in grading AT ALL. I never grade figures, but I had a football card graded years ago. It was a 1984 Rookie Dan Marino card that was in my opinion, PERECT! I got a 7 on it. I ripped it out of the protector, threw the thing in the trash and sold the card as is. Screw grading. IT SUCKS!

That's pretty bad. CC charges way too much and AFA gives them the excuse to charge too much.
    Looking for loose vintage prototype items, first shots, hard copies, etc.

This was clearly something they missed. That being said, my personal opinion on the state of AFA is they have far too much to grade, not enough staff and are behind so they rush. I used to use them, I have not sent in one item so far this year because quite frankly I feel they arbitrarily hand out grades (whether it's laziness or lack of knowlegde I really don't know). I can't tell you how many times I sent in virtually a perfect item and received 85 across the board--I say bull crap to that. But the worst is when you send in a figure with a small hairline crease and they give the card a 80 but give the figure a 90, as if to say "we're sorry about only giving your card an 80."
    New ownership and new management is a must for them to move ahead, they've already outlived their usefulness in my eyes.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderMindbender
    This was clearly something they missed.
    Do they grade figures in the dark?

AFA is a complete joke.

-Nate

Thatís a disgrace. AFA has more excuses than a pregnant nun. Iíve thought about buying some AFA loose figures but thatís just awful.

Sure wish I could see the original pic.
    Looking to buy or trade for GI Joe Kreo Cobra army builders. Please PM if you can help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tontus314
    Sure wish I could see the original pic.
    Cloud City Collectables doesn't want you to see it now. Nor would AFA want you to see it, I would imagine. It might (and very well SHOULD) hurt their business.

Just another example of the backwards way this hobby works sometimes and the things dishonest people will do to rooke other collectors.

EDIT: Here it is...

Looks like they decided to take down the picture of eggs, tomatoes, and bratwurst that temproraily replaced Leia.

Re: NOW!!! Tell me these two are NOT in Bed togeth

and its sold

thanks

Vince
    Star Wars 2D & 3D Pre Production Group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1541989176028524/
    C-3PO Focus and other Star Wars bits and bobs
    http://s1257.photobucket.com/user/Vin3po/library

I see the original pic is back now (there was a plate of food in its place for a while after the auction nended, for those who hadn't seen).

If someone at CC is having fun with the pics, I'm not impressed.

FWIW, for the love of God they need someone to check/proofread things that leave AFA. It makes their company look incredibly sloppy to put out mislabeled figures (sometimes the wrong figure entirely), misgraded pieces (like this), or letting major variations slip by (DT Luke).

If they have someone already doing this, they need someone else doing it instead, because what they're doing in this regard isn't working. If they don't have someone employed in this capacity, I'd recommend that they hire someone yesterday, because it makes them look clueless at times.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast