Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware of Ebay Buyer helldevil40 Gentle GiantBuyer

Beware of Ebay Buyer helldevil40 Gentle GiantBuyer

Just a heads up regarding a rather nightmare Ebay buyer that I am currently having major problems with.

On the 19th July 2007 helldevil40 bought four Commander Bly busts from me on Ebay. I packaged the busts up and was going to ship them out in boxes with two in each box. But the shipping to Japan worked out to be nearly $95 each box, so I sent them out to him by Airmail in four individual boxes, with the correct value of the sale on the CN22 Customs forms. These were sent out on the 26th July and I obtained full certificates of postage from the Post Office.

On Thursday 2nd August I receive an email through Ebay stating that he had received two of the busts but two had failed yet to turn up. He is stated that he had been hit with customs duties and taxes, and I explained that I was not responsible for those charges, and felt that the busts would arriv in the next few days as it was just 7 days after shipping.

On Saturday 4th August, I receive an e-mail from Paypal stating that the buyer has opened a resolution Centre claim stating that the items were not as described due to the fact that only two had arrived. I e-mailed the buyer back the following reply : </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
    All four items were shipped out from the UK at the same time in four seperate boxes. These items had to be sent like this due to the weight of them and the increased postage costs when parcels go above 2kg. I have certificates of posting for them from the UK Post Office here in Staple Tye Harlow showing them being sent out. Have you tried to contact the Customs/Post Office your end to find out where they are. As for the I paid for these over three weeks ago, I am sure 16 days is just over two weeks and not over three weeks.

[/QUOTE]

I then received this reply :
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
    alreday asked to Customs/Post Office in Japan, first 2 arrived 3 days ago.then nothing coming by now... this is not right... also, i paid high tax, cause you marked the high amount...

[/QUOTE]

I then further replied with this
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
    The amount on the CN22 Customs Declaration was marked at the sale price, which I have to legally declare to customs here in the UK. Being a Police Officer here in the UK I cannot falsify documents in respect of duties and taxes, as that is fraud and is an offence for which I could be arrested and lose my job over. Having looked at the Certificates of postage, all four busts were sent out on the same day which was the 26th July 2007 and were posted at 15.33, 15.32, 15.32, and 15.31 respectively. On Monday when I return to work I will scan all the certificates of posting for you, to prove that they have all been sent out to you. I will make a few enquiries here at the Post Office in Harlow to find out what has happened from this end. I suggest that if you do not receive the following two busts by next Friday that you file a claim with the Post Office in Japan, as it would have to be you to file the claim and not me here in the UK. Obviously I will forward all documentation that you would need for a claim through the Post Office.

[/QUOTE]

I then heard no more yesterday, only to wake up this morning to find that the claim had now escalated into a full claim for Non Receipt of goods and he is trying to claim back the full amount for all four busts even though he has received two of them, and I am sure the next two will arrive in the next couple of days.

Paypal being the great company that they are have taken the full amount from the account, and have had the kindness to ask me to refund the full amount back to the buyer if I wanted to. I have asked them to investigate, as I feel that this is a false and totally unjustified claim by someone trying to make back their customs charges that they have been hit with.

If Paypal do find with the buyer, I am four busts out of pocket as well as a fair amount of money.

Just a heads up on what can only be described as a somewhatr shady trader.

Nick

Re: Beware of Ebay Buyer helldevil40 Gentle GiantBuyer

Not too bad if he paid cost though 39.99 x 4 but if its any higher then ouch.......

Good luck and if you fax paypal all the information you have upheld your side of thinhs but paypal does like the buyer more than the seller. Just my experience with them anyways
    My Feedback Thread
    I Admit it, i have caught the bug and i am now officialy ADDICTED

Re: Beware of Ebay Buyer helldevil40 Gentle GiantB

if customs in Japan held on to them until he paid the duty wont they be return to sender if its not paid in a certain amount of time? Its not your fault about customs its the sellers.
    it is what it is!

How much did he pay per bust?

Three Darths...you sold these for 110 pounds each. Isnt that scalping?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110150385376

Quote Originally Posted by Paldorin
    Three Darths...you sold these for 110 pounds each. Isnt that scalping?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110150385376
    TK/TB/CC-5400
    Check out my Collection
    Feedback
    Join the Anime thread!

Dear god, whatever happened to helping fellow collectors out? Nice profit though I guess....
    "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering"

uh...oh can of worms opened!!!
    My Feedback Thread
    I Admit it, i have caught the bug and i am now officialy ADDICTED

Ya wow that's sucks for you, but at the same time kinda what ya get. I guarantee had you offered those here you wouldn't have had to worry about all this. Plus in another persons thread didn't you jump them about them buying multiples to help scummers and your selling on ebay? I hope it works out because it is bs what this dude is doing to ya, and maybe it'll learn ya .

Quote Originally Posted by Smatt4u
    uh...oh can of worms opened!!!
    Understatement of the century......well of today anyway.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast