Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter to LFL ****Final Letters Are Up

Letter to LFL ****Final Letters Are Up

Hey guys, it was suggested in another thread that maybe we should do a letter of some sort to LFL regarding the current problems with the SW brand and GG.
    Basically I'm looking for what you guys think should be in this letter, and what the overall message should be. I think most of us don't want to see them lose their license, but we would like to see some solid changes with they way they handle the SW brand in their products.

I think the big two currently are edition sizes, and customer service. The raffles are probably pretty high up there too, but give me your thoughts.

On a personal side note it would be nice to know that at least 25 of you guys will take the time to print this letter out when it's finished, sign it, and send it in to LFL. I've tried to help in fan movements like these before and despite the complaints a lot of people don't seem to want to be proactive and try to make change, so don't be that guy! Otherwise I just wasted a bunch of time.
    So if you could write you name and number on here, along with any ideas, and post it I'd really appreciate it.

Remember it's not our intention (at least mine anyways) to punish, or persecute GG. It's to get some answers and more importantly strong changes that would benefit the fans of this company.

Re: Letter to LFL I need info and opinions please.

Beware of the GG apologists and acolytes around here... they're of the same mentality as the people who went to cheer Paris Hilton as she exited jail.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishJedi
    Beware of the GG apologists and acolytes around here... they're of the same mentality as the people who went to cheer Paris Hilton as she exited jail.
    Ha Ha! I'm glad you're fighting the good fight, IrishJedi.
    Become a fan of my artwork on facebook.

"It's a volcanic planet. You'll be safe there. LOL" - General Grievous, master of dark humor

PM sent with the prototype letter that I mentioned in the other post....

Quote Originally Posted by jpc_art

Remember it's not our intention (at least mine anyways) to punish, or persecute GG. It's to get some answers and more importantly strong changes that would benefit the fans of this company.
    Are you SURE we can't at least try to punish them?

Well, anyway, I'm behind this.

My personal, primary concern would be edition sizes, availability of exlusives and all the problems that result from them. Raffles, as well as the underwhelming Premier Guild, would be tied to this subject.

Customer service is a big no. 2. Gentle Giant is unlike any other company out there as they have their collective head firmly planted in the dirt most of the time. I think they use a raffle to find out who they reply to when an issue arrises.

Those are the 2 biggies for me.

I can guarantee you I'll print this letter and mail it. It's beyond time for things to improve.

"It's a volcanic planet. You'll be safe there. LOL" - General Grievous, master of dark humor

Perhaps instead of everyone mailing it in, we start a separate thread for people authorizing their screen name to be placed on the letter?

I will even put a Star Wars stamp on the envelope.

Im not much of a writer but for what its worth here are a few of my thoughts. Feel free to paraphrase or include anything in this post.

I'm not to happy with them making more exclusives than regular editions this year. To top it off they made low editon exclusives of very popular characters and made them harder to get. Also not to happy with the PGM aka raffle club. It was sold as something entirely diffrent.

On a side note, not that LFL can do anything about this. If they are going to continue with this raffle everything i think they should disclose after every raffle how many entered.

The customer service dept needs an overhaul. Or better yet they should get one.

I would like to see these go on for a long time but by excluding so many of the core customers they eventually will get frustrated and begin to move on. If enough customers do this GG will fade away. Speculative buyers can't support a line forever, somebody has to buy their stuff for keeps.
    All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again.

It will have more of an impact if these are snail mailed individually. A pile of unsadisfied customer letters with real names and addresses is a little harder to ignore than 1 letter with a bunch of screen names.
    All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by WedgeWannaBe
    Perhaps instead of everyone mailing it in, we start a separate thread for people authorizing their screen name to be placed on the letter?
    Why not do both? The more names (and more attention) brought to this, the better

Quote Originally Posted by TK7503
    It will have more of an impact if these are snail mailed individually. A pile of unsadisfied customer letters with real names and addresses is a little harder to ignore than 1 letter with a bunch of screen names.
    Good point!

JPC, I PM'ed you a rough draft of my spin on a letter. Feel free to dissect, suggest changes, etc.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast