Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: AVIVA/HASBRO: Dark Crystal - Unproduced Toys

Most of this lot were copies, not the original work.

Quote Originally Posted by bac View Post
    This auction included a ton of paper: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Crystal...-/401255924600

I'm not so sure the vintage stuff will take a big dip in interest over the long run. The same logic applied to Star Wars doesn't work. Just because superior figures exist there's history in the Aviva stuff and certain collectors will always appreciate and chase that regardless of the Funko line.

That said I'd be thrilled if the Aviva figures hit the open market at lower prices, or if another find was made.
    I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross_C View Post
    Still there were some nice items in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross_C View Post
    That's rather misleading The lot was all pre-production materials, even if there were some photographs of the box/cards and a few lithographs, if that's what is meant by 'copies'? They were all made as part of the production process for the line as a whole at the time. Actually a good portion of the items were hand drawn, namely a variety of logo designs (even some cut to shape), box art sketches and trace/layout diagrams, and even some figure sketches (possibly for how they intended to look on the card back), albeit like are possibly scans. There's even a couple of cutout 'proofs' albeit not on card but glossy photo-paper.
    Last edited by cowboy_hcs; 01-30-2017 at 10:45 PM. Reason: a bit was wrong... :)
    - Glenn

WTB:
    POTF Coin Rare Items, Revenge Proofs, Dark Crystal & Labyrinth.

That could be the last Aviva-related DC sale for awhile. It seems like most of it has changed hands over the past couple years and is now squirreled away into private collections. Congrats to those that own them.

It's peculiarly challenging to put together a Funco ReAction run of DC figs for retail cost. The line has seemingly sold great so hopefully Super 7 picks up the license and drops another wave, as doubtful as that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy_hcs View Post
    That's rather misleading The lot was all pre-production materials, even if there were some photographs of the box/cards and a few lithographs, if that's what is meant by 'copies'? They were all made as part of the production process for the line as a whole at the time. Actually a good portion of the items were hand drawn, namely a variety of logo designs (even some cut to shape), box art sketches and trace/layout diagrams, and even some figure sketches (possibly for how they intended to look on the card back), albeit like are possibly scans. There's even a couple of cutout 'proofs' albeit not on card but glossy photo-paper.
    Yes I guess that was a bit minimizing. I have seen all the original pieces that many of the items in this lo were copies of. Indeed copies used in the work and production of the material, not just made for willy nilly purposes. The originals and other stuff should be back up for sale in the near future.
    I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin_Kerns View Post
    I sold my collection some time ago and it has since been broken up and some pieces resold. Such is the way of collecting - I wish I could afford to keep everything! This way more people get to experience the line.

I would never view a collecting goal as impossible. It's possible to put the core set back together someday albeit a significant challenge. When I started collecting this line I had 0 pieces lol. It takes work, networking, research & money.

I agree that the value of these vintage pieces won't be impacted in any way by the new stuff. If anything they could be increased as more people get drawn to Dark Crystal collectibles and discover the existence of the vintage pieces. I don't think there's any doubt that's what has happened with Star Wars over the years.

Anyway it's a great line and I still wish it had been produced. I also hope Henson actually makes a new movie one of these days. There have been many years of rumors......
    Wow, I didn't know you sold your collection. It was a gorgeous set. After a decade of hunting, I still hope to own at least 1 piece from the original line.

Quote Originally Posted by New_Bornalex View Post
    Then maybe, just maybe, I'll have my own Garthim and Landstrider battle scene one day.

How awesome to find this very quote from 6-7-2009 (on page 6 of this thread) when I checked to see if anyone had begun a thread about the Funko ReAction line of Dark Crystal toys.

Look what photo I took today after opening my collection for the first time.

I'll never own the Aviva line, sadly, but this is the next best thing.

I just wish Funko had done the Pod Peasants, too.

Alex
    "Hi, I'm Alex from Imperial Insurance."
    "Hey... don't you work for the Endor Express?"
    "I'm a man of many talents."
    -- The penultimate installment of Yak's Pub

That looks awesome! I hope I can find a few if I visit the USA.

I never saw a single Garthim let alone a swarm.
    Death scene from a new film I worked on, quite gory:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E27qFydz2L0

hey Guys,

im very new with this toy line but love it that much!
    so is anyone here who can sell me any of the proofs?!
    or 2D pre productional material. transparencies, artwork...
    would also consider to trade for star wars rarities!

just get in touch with me!

best Markus Salgert
    you can also reach me on Facebook
    just search for my name (Markus Salgert)
    Last edited by sisefromm; 12-07-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    WTB: vader: proof, error/miscard,
    prototype/first shot, meccano 12/21 bk,
    clipper 12 bk, DT 12 bk, ...

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718