Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Photonovel Awards????

2006 Photonovel Awards????

Hey everybody,
    Reading Longhorn's latest PN got me thinking about the Photonovel Awards we had last year. It was alot of fun, and I feel like it kind of shed some focus on our little group here.
    So I was wondering who would be interested in participating in another one. I figure we could do it just like last year, with a couple of different catagories, like Best Overall PN, Best Drama, Best Comedy. Then we could submit what we think is our best PN, and let the judges vote. Maybe we'll say, anything that we posted in 2006 is eligable, and make the cutoff...say Dec 1st.
    And I'm sure we can find at least three people to judge, (three people that aren't entered in the contest of course)
    if we could get more than three, that would be cool too!

Last year, the winners each got their PN stickied for a week at the top of the page, maybe we could do something like that again.

Let me know what you guys think, and who would like to participate. I think it would give some much needed attention to our section here.

Re: 2006 Photonovel Awards????

I am happy to particpate in this.

It sounds like a very good idea to me
    <ahref="=http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.phpCat=&Number=4249392&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1&vc=1&PHPSESSID=" target="_blank"> INDIANA JONES AND THE LOST TOMB</a>

It would probably be easier to just make the cutoff date Dec. 31st. That would give some people more time to get something posted if they want to be eligible. Also, how would multi-chapter photonovels be judged? As a whole, or by chapter/section?

Sounds like a hoot! I ain't got much to show for it, but I'd be willing to see how my stuff stacks up. Sign me up!
    "...cross me, and you'll soon discover that under this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
    -Lord Edmund Blackadder II

Since my last photnovel update was 12/29/05 I think I'd be eligible as a judge!

I'd be happy to participate to support this fantastic hobby!

I think we need to brainstorm on some possible categories, though...the ones you mentioned aren't a bad start.

I am wondering, though, if we should award individual chapters (Lushros, Chewie and Longhorn, among others, break down their stories into chapters) and have separate categories for overall series.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Quazar
    I am wondering, though, if we should award individual chapters (Lushros, Chewie and Longhorn, among others, break down their stories into chapters) and have separate categories for overall series.
    If we only awarded full stories, folks like Chewie, whose stories never end, would kind of get shafted. Maybe an award for best story, but have most of the awards be for best chapter/episode/section. I'd also suggest awards for best character (cannon and fanfic), best effects, best writing, best sets, maybe best use of a custom or something like that. Also, I'd definitely be willing to judge. I read pretty much everything posted in here.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJack
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Quazar
    If we only awarded full stories, folks like Chewie, whose stories never end, would kind of get shafted. Maybe an award for best story, but have most of the awards be for best chapter/episode/section. I'd also suggest awards for best character (cannon and fanfic), best effects, best writing, best sets, maybe best use of a custom or something like that. Also, I'd definitely be willing to judge. I read pretty much everything posted in here.
    No, no, I never said we would award "only full stories", but rather that we should consider focusing certain accolades for individual chapters/episodes.

After all, Longhorn's story is HUGE. The Rykrof Enloe series is gigantic. Lushros has put out more photnovels than anyone. We might want to consider giving a specific award to, say, "Siege on Rhen Var", as opposed to the Rykrof series as a whole.

Or have different categories - best overall, best individual episode, etc.

On that, i think we're in agreement.

Here are some suggestions for the technical categories:

Best Customs
    Best Sets/Dioramas
    Best Special Effects

any others?

Great ideas guys!!!
    I like the idea of a best ongoing series, as well as an award for a smaller PN. All the catagories Lance and Capt. Jack listed sound great, the more catagories, the more winners, and the more PN's get recognized.
    And Jack, I think pushing the date until Dec. 31st is a good idea, we can work out more details before then.

....so, sounds like we have our first two judges.
    Do you guys think we should go with three? Or try to get more?

I'd love to participate in this.

Other categories.... best screenplay, best cinematography, best character, best supporting character?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast