Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowspeeder's scale IS perfect, airspeeder wrong

Snowspeeder\'s scale IS perfect, airspeeder wrong

I just read another comment (complaint) somewhere about how the snowspeeder from the 3 3/4 line is too big. I remember people saying the same thing for years, so I went to the Star Wars Chronicles Book to verify the scale. According to my eye, it's the perfect size for a 3 3/4 scale. Others have referenced the EU airspeeder from 1997 as the proper scale but that thing is a total joke. It's more in scale equal to a bathtub for the figures. Is there a site with good reference material or is this a fallacy that has been repeated so many times people think it's true?

Re: Snowspeeder\'s scale IS perfect, airspeeder wrong

The classic Snow Speeder is close to the scale of the prop. It being way too large is an urban legend.
    Pillow-pants!

Re: Snowspeeder\'s scale IS perfect, airspeeder wro

I always saw the Snowspeeder as being the perfect scale, even back when I bought one from the POTF2 line. The figures are about the same size to it as they are in ESB.
    XBox LIVE: themahler83
    Feedback

Take this for what it's worth, but judging from this picture the actual toy could be on the "little large" side. Even though it isn't that far off from the correct scale.

Now, if only Hasbro would offer enlarged versions of vintage molds like they did with the X-Wing, that would be great.
    WTB: 3.75 Walmart Exclusives Leia. If you can get me a fair price, PM me.
    Want list http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1098677/ Feedback thread http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1099025/#post19156148

Although the Snowspeeder is close to perfect scale, it isn't. The toy is a tad too big.
    "If one can not say what he means, he can never mean what he says." - B5 "Into the Fire" Lord Durano to Prime Minister Mollari

Quote Originally Posted by TK_842
    Now, if only Hasbro would offer enlarged versions of vintage molds like they did with the X-Wing, that would be great.
    Enlarged molds of what?

other out-of-scale vehicles, I imagine... like the B-wing, or Slave I, even the Cloud Car. B-wing's not too bad, but Slave I IS really small compared to what the ship should really be. And the Cloud Car cockpits in the movie are much smaller, meaning the ship's much bigger.

The Snowspeeder is a touch too big, again based on the actual props & such from ESB. Just like the ROTS Jedi Starfighter's too big. I think the Jedi Starfighter's probably more outta scale than the Snowspeeder. It's still a great-looking ship, a great sculpt, even back in the vintage days. It was probably my second-fave next to the X-wing as a kid.

They should make an AT-AT in scale with the Snowspeeder!
    "I got this! I'm gonna hit him with the 'ex-wife'!" "What?" ('ex-wife fails) "Hammer tech?" "Yeah".Need Han from Shield Gen Asslt BP!

They did actually, but FAO Schwartz got them IIRC.
    No time to answer stupid questions! - Decepticon Swindle

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast