Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lego Star Wars 2 on X-Box

Lego Star Wars 2 on X-Box

Has anyone over here in the UK been able to get the new Lego Star Wars game for the X-Box?

I've been trying ever since it's supposed release date and still no joy. Even all the online retailers say it's out of stock, but I've never even seen it once.

Anybody know where I can get hold of a copy?
    My only advice to JJ Abrams would be this:- please cast Anna Torv (aka Olivia Dunham in Fringe) as a female Jedi in the new Star Wars Trilogy, and make her the lead character

Re: Lego Star Wars 2 on X-Box

No Havent seen it at all,I think its a ploy to get you to buy a 360 as theres plenty of lego II for that but thats 45.Do I smell a conspiracy.

I had mine delivered last Tuesday from Play.com which was 4 days after release.

I think theres a shortage and late shipments from the Manufactrer.

my mate got his PS2 version nearly a week before release on the saturday prior to official release from PLAY thou

Well worth the wait thou.. absolutly Fab game and a lot more replay value than SW lego one.

Yeah, it looks really cool, I've played the PS2 version at a friend's house.

I could buy the PS2 version (which seems to be plentiful) but I understand one of the features of the new game is being able to bring across the characters from your saved game on the old version, and as I've only got the first game on X-box, I'd have to buy both versions on the PS2.

I've ordered the X-box version from play.com, they say it's temporarily out of stock, but it's said that for over a week.
    My only advice to JJ Abrams would be this:- please cast Anna Torv (aka Olivia Dunham in Fringe) as a female Jedi in the new Star Wars Trilogy, and make her the lead character

I had a [censored] about this in another topic here, but have to say that everywhere I've asked has only reported getting a maximum of 3 copies to each store (less in some cases) and a lot of places have stopped stocking new x-box games altogether. Curiously everyone is quite happy to try and sell me a new Xbox360 with the game. I could get the ps2, or pc versions, or hell if I wanted a new console I could get the DS version or psp version, as everything except the xbox had numerous copies readily available. Its sad that it seems like it'd be easier to go to ToysRUs and buy enough actual Lego to recreate the game in plastic that it is to get it on the xbox. ******s.

Well the Xbox version is FAB.

BUT in freeplay on level 1 VADER has a PURPLE sabre ??

and the orange car u build on level 1 has a clitchy cut thru shadow.

the Sabres a bit stupid but that game is so damn wonderful and makesme laugh and smile so much.

I downloaded the demo of the Xbox360 version today - one word.....

AWESOME

I'm going out tomorrow to buy it!

Yes it does seem Microsoft had done the dirty here on us, and is trying to get us to buy their new, and very expensive, console.

I wonder if Lucasarts know that Microsoft are abusing their licence in this manner?

Strangly Lego 2 is also at number 2 or so in the charts for X-Box games, yet nne seems to be able to get a copy. A chart that is rigged me thinks, so that Lucasarts think that Microsoft is selling bucketloads of the game when actually they are deliberately keeping them off the market so that in despair we'll buy their new console.

Maybe we should contact Lucasarts about it, as this is clearly dodgy practise by Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by karnorjax
    BUT in freeplay on level 1 VADER has a PURPLE sabre ??
    ok I was wrong its the supersabre cheat that turns em purple.

In response to pocoyo-joe, I would like to say that I dont think its underhanded practice by MS - the 360 version is also hard to come by

I tried two branches of Tesco today - both were sold out

Online, I use Gametracker (http://uk.gamestracker.com/) to find the best deals - and it is 'out of stock/currently listed as sold out' at 4 of the 5 major online retailers

I think it just comes down to the game being popular!

Finally, I would also say that it is well worth looking at getting a 360 - it might seem expensive, but it is an awesome machine, and with all the excellent new announcements at yesterdays X06 conference, the future is looking very bright!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast