Page 775 of 775 FirstFirst ... 275675725765773774775
Results 7,741 to 7,745 of 7745

Thread: The little things that made you happy today

Quote Originally Posted by SWDave View Post
    Done with another school year! Now to start my summer job!!

Awesome man!
    I've still got until June 14th, but at least we're done with state testing and district benchmark testing.
    Can't wait for that last day.
    No summer job for me. Gonna enjoy it as much as possible.

Enjoy your summer!
    MOC? We don't need no steenkin' cards!
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by HappyNoodleBoy View Post
    Awesome man!
    I've still got until June 14th, but at least we're done with state testing and district benchmark testing.
    Can't wait for that last day.
    No summer job for me. Gonna enjoy it as much as possible.

Enjoy your summer!
    Thanks bud! You too!!

One of the hardest things to change is my wake up time. I am usually up every week day @ 5:30. Now on my first day off, I got up at 5:30.
    There is no disgrace in getting old, it is just damned inconvenient.
    My Feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyNoodleBoy View Post
    That's great!
    Having a little girl is the best.
    Wait until she starts to make all of her milestones.
    I'm sure everyone tells you that they "grow up so fast." Dude, it's so true. Make sure you take plenty of photos/video/etc.
    Pretty soon you and mom will be saying, "Ah, remember when she used to do this or that," or "...that seems like such a long time ago," and it will be only a couple of months passing.
    Cherish her. And hold onto your butts, because once they hit 1 1/2 or 2 it gets REALLY interesting.

Mine is 2 years and 5 months and it's DEFINITELY a wild ride, but enjoyable.
    Key word: patience!
    Thanks for this post!

It has been a wild ride at only 7 weeks.

Yeah, what is they say, "the days are long, the years are short"??

Momma is taking a long leave (doesn't return to work until after Labor Day), and I took a month at home. Returning to work has been challenging. But something that I have started doing is taking her into the nursery and cuddling/rocking from 6am to 7am when I have to shower/get ready for the office. God those moments are the best. We waited so damn long for this little angel, it just melts me.

We definitely have had some rough spots (breastfeeding has been one in particular, but my wife is a champ and is sticking to it). Vivian also suffers from bad reflux which is sad to watch, and has lots of choking/gagging fits (which sends Papa Beek into a tailspin).
    Only The Lonely ...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeek View Post
    Thanks for this post!

It has been a wild ride at only 7 weeks.

Yeah, what is they say, "the days are long, the years are short"??

Momma is taking a long leave (doesn't return to work until after Labor Day), and I took a month at home. Returning to work has been challenging. But something that I have started doing is taking her into the nursery and cuddling/rocking from 6am to 7am when I have to shower/get ready for the office. God those moments are the best. We waited so damn long for this little angel, it just melts me.

We definitely have had some rough spots (breastfeeding has been one in particular, but my wife is a champ and is sticking to it). Vivian also suffers from bad reflux which is sad to watch, and has lots of choking/gagging fits (which sends Papa Beek into a tailspin).
    Yeah, 7 weeks is an awesome point. You feel like Superman trying to care for her every need.
    Glad you guys can take some time. My wife has been off these 2 years and 5 months.

Wow, what a coincidence. My wife and I also waited a very long time to have Sophia as well. We tried for like 10 years!
    Entire pregnancy was perfect, but things got screwed up at the end: failed induction, 7 days at hospital with nothing happening, emergency c-section, she wasn't breathing at birth and was in NICU for a few days, wife couldn't breast feed because of complications of c-section because the wound opened up again and got infected......................*sigh."
    All that is behind us.
    But, thankfully she is ok now. She is a happy, healthy, wild child. And we love her to pieces.

Oh and the reflux/choking/gagging......EXACTLY what my daughter had. It's horribly scary. We ended up having her sleep with us in our bed and having her propped up in a boppy for almost 2 months. *sigh.*
    The second we would hear her start choking/gagging, we'd leap up and prop her up. It was a nightmare. Doctors were of no use. They said it was "normal" and it wasn't reflux, blah blah blah. They don't know it all.

Hope your daughter is ok soon. Just don't panic, but keep an eye on her. If you have to pick her up when she gets that way, just be sure not to "bend" her to where her stomach gets pushed and she throws up. That happened a couple of times with us. All her milk came up those times. But keep her propped up a bit if possible. It's not a "fix" but it helps.

Good luck and happy parenting!
    MOC? We don't need no steenkin' cards!
    My Feedback

Got started on my Terminator .45 longslide replica.
    An army of one man, but the right man for the job.

Page 775 of 775 FirstFirst ... 275675725765773774775