Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MECCANO to TRILOGO: The BOOK !

MECCANO to TRILOGO: The BOOK !

Greetings to all fellow collectors.

Ive been collecting for quite a while now and those who know me are aware of my interest for the European (Trilogo) and French (Meccano) markets. I came slowly to own a full set of Trilogo carded figures (including early variants), as well as Meccano and Bilogo ROTJ vehicles/playsets (some of you might already have seen my limelights on this board).

During all those years I also accumulated quite an exhaustive quantity of toys related materials like retailer catalogs, magazines, in-pack catalogs etc and I also managed very early to keep track of all the items I had or seen in a photographic database for future reference.

As other before me, I noticed that only little information was available about Trilogos and close to none about Meccanos, despite a real demand from collectors, casual or confirmed. Although Kenner toys have been covered extensively in many different books, European items remain undocumented.

A book (in English) looked like the best way to share the best amount of information and provide a strong photographic base, all in a single reference . In early 2006, I took upon me to get that work done.

This book is now on the point to be released. It is dedicated to Star Wars action figure toys, from the illusive Meccano line, by the French licensee in 1978, to the European Trilogo line that was available until 1986.

It features the most extensive coverage ever published about both lines with the whole collection presented for the first time, information and photography plus other printed material (retailer / in-pack catalogs, advertisements, sweepstakes, toys instruction sheets...),

More than 500 illustrated and explained pictures within 144 full color A4-scale pages.

The book design is inspired from vintage retailer catalogs, from a collector to collectors, professionally printed (offset), made of quality paper, with quality pictures, many scanned documents and detailed information.

You can get more information, see sample pages, from the website I have set-up at http://www.meccano2trilogo.com. Shipping, in a well protected envelope, is expected to start in October 2006. Pre-orders will be available soon.

Do not hesitate to contact me for any information.

Re: MECCANO to TRILOGO: The BOOK !

Congrats on finishing the book. Let us know when it is available.
    GeekytUp.com - A place on the net where I write about things that get me Geeked Up.

Fu**kin' A, now thats damn good news.
    Roll on October

marc

Yes, i will for shure buy it too

Sounds great. Probably will buy one!

Let us know when you are going to take pre-orders.

-Alex

Count me in
    www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your die cast needs

Wow, that is great, I defenly want one of them.
    Looking for any Any Vintage Vader, Heman, MASK, Thundercats and Ghostbusteres prototypes

Sign me UP!

I want one to, perfect complement to Kellermans.
    How do you plat to do this, I bet there will be quite a few peopele here that will buy that book?
    A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast