Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FUNDRAISER FOR VDUBBIN2001 - $4360.00 Raised!!!!!

FUNDRAISER FOR VDUBBIN2001 - $4360.00 Raised!!!!!

In an effort to help raise monies for Dean and his family, Amy and Master Replicas has graciously offered to donate an Artist Proof Studio Scale Y-Wing.. (What a wonderful company to help out one of their customers!!! Thank you Amy!!!) - Philip will be taking care of the prizes, I am now only taking donations.

Here are the winners of the raffle (for those that are in the raffle... )

Philip pulled random numbers and I just confirmed with Amy that our sheets match and we have our winners.

5th Place: Wooden Blaster- jango22
    4th place: Narnia Collection- Masterthc
    3rd place: MR Mini Saber Collection - lordwill
    2nd place: Rebelscum Clone Helmet Case - lordwill

1st Place: MR Artist Proof Y-Wing - JediDave76

He has:
    1st/Grand Prize - MR AP Y-Wing from Master Replicas
    2nd Place Prize - Rebelscum Clonetrooper Helmet Case from Philip Wise
    3rd Place Prize - MR Mini Saber Package from UTtoyfan
    - Includes MR Mini-display case from Jedi_Mansur
    4th Place Prize - Narnia Package from The Saber Vault and JD
    5th Place Prize - Wooden Kenner Blaster from damon5973
    Most Personal Tickets Purchased - One MR Mini Saber from Darth_Nickel

08/22/2006 - Dean's Story
    Please take a look at the Website Dean's wife Amy created for him.

Dean's Story

UPDATE: 08/05/2006 – Paypal added back to acceptable Payments.

Due to PayPal policy, I am not able to accept payments for raffle tickets. Therefore, I will no longer be taking payments for raffle tickets.

I will be able to accept DONATIONS to assist Dean and his family; however I ask that you send the donations in a 10.00 increment (to help me keep track of how much has been donated). If you include any note about a raffle on the payment it will be returned, as I can not accept payments for a raffle.

All prizes have been transferred to Philip Wise to deal with, and I will no longer be giving any prizes.

UPDATE: 08/04/2006 - Payment Options change.

I also posted below:
    Unfortunately, I have been notified that I am in violation of PayPal's Authorized Use Policy, and I am no longer able to accept PayPal payments for Donations/Tickets.

I am currently working on some ideas on how I can accept funds. I may be limited to Checks or Money Orders sent directly to me, but I'm hoping that is not the case.

I must admit, I'm very disappointed with this news, and I hope to have the matter resolved quickly. PayPal will not reconsider the decision, which has been confirmed in both email, and over the phone.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you already have my PayPal account name, or have used it in the past PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY FUNDS TO THAT ADDRESS. THEY CAN NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME.

If you would like to make a donation via Check or Money Order for the time being, please let me know

UPDATE: 08/03/2006 - More Pizes Added
    More prizes have been added to the raffle

3rd Place is now a MR Mini Saber Package donated by UTtoyfan

1)Mace Windu Lighsaber 0.45 mini from Episode II
    2)Best Buy Exclusive Darth Sidious Lightsaber 0.45 mini(chrome)
    3)Count Dooku Lightsaber 0.45 mini from Episode II

The winner of this package will also receive an additional Star Wars “Bonus Item(s)” from UTtoyfan (just a little something extra to go along with your new sabers)

We also have a 4th Place Prize just added courtesy of damon5973:

Wooden Kenner Blaster (Blue)

I also thought I could include the entire Prize list here as well (So it's nice and neat)

1st/Grand Prize - MR AP Y-Wing
    2nd Place Prize - Rebelscum Clonetrooper Helmet Case
    3rd Place Prize - MR Mini Saber Package
    4th Place Prize - Wooden Kenner Blaster

Most Personal Tickets Purchased - One MR Mini Saber

UPDATE: 8/2/2006 - Prizes Added
    I have some great news folks. Philip Wise has just let me know that he is going to donate a Rebelscum Clone Helmet Case as a second place drawing winner.

NOW WE HAVE A TOTAL OF 3 PRIZES
    1st/Grand Prize - MR AP Y-Wing
    2nd Prize - Rebelscum Clone Trooper Helmet Case
    Most Personal Tickets Purchased - .45 Mini Saber from Darth_Nickel

This is a great opportunity to help a friend, fellow scummer, star wars collector, and a great guy.

Some of you may have not had the opportunity to meet and get to know Dean. Please believe me when I say… he’s truly an outstanding person. He has helped me many times… and never asks for anything in return. Always willing to give…. To help a friend.

Dean and his wife have 2 children (twins - a boy and a girl), and I was also just informed that they are expecting another padawan learner soon. Dean experienced some hard times with his job, he was laid off… and it was difficult to find work. Unfortunately, while Dean was in ICU… he receive 2 different offers for jobs, but he will not be able to accept them now.

Dean and his wife do have some insurance, but there will be many medical bills to come. Dean also will likely have some permanent hurdles to over come. He may lose the use of some fingers and toes, due to the severity of his illness. The doctors are certain that Dean will have a long and intense rehab period once he has recovered enough to start.

So I ask that we all join together, help a friend, colleague, and a family in need. Let’s show the world what a tight, caring “family” we are. Every scummer unite and help this family. Spread the word to your friends, other forums, family members…. Do what must be done

I also encourage people to look through your own collection. Is there something that you have been thinking about selling? Why not post it for sale and donate to proceeds to Dean.

I would like to set a high goal for us to reach. Medical bills will be high, and it’s the last think Dean and his wife need to worry about. He needs to focus on getting better.

UPDATE: DONATIONS ONLY ACCEPTED.

Let’s shoot for $5000.00 total to donate to the family.

To make a donation, please send me a PM here and your donation to PayPal account bknickle@hotmail.com Please include your name, board name, and that you making a donation for Dean.

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your help!!!

Brad
    "Gooood! Use your aggressive spending, boy! Let the cash flow through you!" - Ham_Solo
    "You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me"

Re: MR ARTIST PROOF Y-WING RAFFLE FOR VDUBBIN2001

I'll be in for a bunch of tickets for sure, but I wanted to ask, should we post this over at the RPF or maybe a couple of other sites for sure. I mean, I know he's one of us, but other sites won't care as long as it helps out another sw collector.

Quote Originally Posted by qwa_raig
    I'll be in for a bunch of tickets for sure, but I wanted to ask, should we post this over at the RPF or maybe a couple of other sites for sure. I mean, I know he's one of us, but other sites won't care as long as it helps out another sw collector.
    I think it would be good (and a good idea) I hope we can sell a bunch of tickets to help raise the money.
    "Gooood! Use your aggressive spending, boy! Let the cash flow through you!" - Ham_Solo
    "You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me"

Brad, major props and thanks to you for organizing this and helping us unite. I'll certainly be down for helping out as well in the coming weeks.
    "When I look at you through The Force, I can see where you break." - Mace Windu, [i]Shatterpoint[i]
    My Collection

Just bought five tickets. Who's next? C'mon guys!! Step up!
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives"

I'm in! Hope everything turn out ok for VDUBBIN2001 and his family.
    There's loyalty that protects secrets and loyalty that projects the truth. You cannot serve both masters, so which loyalty is yours?

Well, this is one of the greatest ideas I've ever heard of. It's right behind like binding paper into books and the ingredients to brownies. Seriously, good job Brad, Philip, whoever had a hand in this, and WAY TO GO Master Replicas. Payment plan or not(not that I don't want one), yall just earned a lot of points with me.

Nance

Pull the trigger!! Buy some tickets!! This is your chance to do something fantastic for someone in need and feel good about yourself!!
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by qwa_raig

I think it would be good (and a good idea) I hope we can sell a bunch of tickets to help raise the money.

Based on these comments, I've started a thread over at Yodasnews.com, and there are already people interested. I hope that I didn't jump the gun, but I've been watching the developments and thought the more help, the better.

I get paid Monday so I'll be in then.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast