Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of the Collection - UPDATED 03.09.2016

Pictures of the Collection - UPDATED 03.09.2016

Two more years, time for an update... now in glorious HD.

UPDATED ON 03.09.16

------------------------------
    I know it's a needle in a haystack, but if you can spot anything that you know of that I'm missing, please let me know! I'm looking for significant paint variations, and kit-bashes or sculpting changes that aren't there.

Thanks!
    ------------------------------

Thanks for looking.

For the hell of it, here are really old pictures from before I started ditching carded... 12"... etc...

Loose_001
    Loose_002
    Loose_003
    Loose_004
    Loose_005
    Loose_006
    Loose_007
    Loose_008
    Loose_009
    Loose_010
    Loose_011
    Loose_012
    Loose_013
    Loose_014
    Loose_015
    Loose_016
    Loose_017
    Loose_018
    Loose_019
    Loose_020
    Loose_021
    Loose_022
    Loose_023
    Loose_024
    Loose_025
    Loose_026
    Loose_027
    Loose_028
    Loose_029
    Loose_030
    Loose_031
    Loose_032
    Loose_033
    Loose_034
    Loose_035
    Loose_036
    Loose_037
    Loose_038
    Loose_039
    Loose_040
    Loose_041
    Loose_042
    Loose_043
    Loose_044
    Loose_045
    Loose_046
    Loose_047
    Loose_048
    Loose_049
    Loose_050
    Loose_051
    Loose_052
    Loose_053
    Loose_054
    Loose_055
    Loose_056
    Loose_057
    Loose_058
    Loose_059
    Loose_060
    Loose_061
    Loose_062
    Loose_063
    Loose_064

Carded_001
    Carded_002
    Carded_003
    Carded_004

Vehicles_001
    Vehicles_002
    Vehicles_003
    Vehicles_004
    Vehicles_005
    Vehicles_006
    Vehicles_007

Lego_001
    Lego_002
    Lego_003
    Lego_004
    Lego_005
    Lego_006
    Lego_007
    Lego_008
    Lego_009
    Lego_010
    Lego_011
    Lego_012
    Lego_013
    Lego_014
    Lego_015
    Lego_016
    Lego_017
    Lego_018
    Lego_019

12_Inch_001
    12_Inch_002

Miscellaneous_001
    Miscellaneous_002
    Miscellaneous_003
    Miscellaneous_004
    Miscellaneous_005
    Miscellaneous_006

Gentle_Giant_001
    Gentle_Giant_002
    Gentle_Giant_003
    Gentle_Giant_004
    Gentle_Giant_005
    Gentle_Giant_006
    Gentle_Giant_007
    Gentle_Giant_008
    Gentle_Giant_009
    Gentle_Giant_010
    Gentle_Giant_011
    Gentle_Giant_012
    Gentle_Giant_013
    Gentle_Giant_014
    Gentle_Giant_015
    Gentle_Giant_016
    Gentle_Giant_017

Vintage_001
    Vintage_002
    Vintage_003
    Vintage_004
    Vintage_005
    Vintage_006
    Vintage_007
    Vintage_008
    Vintage_009
    Vintage_010
    Vintage_011
    Vintage_012
    Vintage_013
    Vintage_014
    Vintage_015
    Last edited by Kneel_Before_Zod; 03-09-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Re: I finally took pictures of my collection...

As much as I utterly hate you wth every inch of my body... I have taken you off my ignore list beause I really wanted to see this.

Your collection is amazing, and you should be very proud of it. It is very nicely displayed, very professional looking, and completely diverse. There's a little bit of everything... loose, MOC, 12", modern, vinty, lego, unleashed, ff premiums, etc. Well done. I am truly impressed.

Very nice. Very, very nice!
    "I got this! I'm gonna hit him with the 'ex-wife'!" "What?" ('ex-wife fails) "Hammer tech?" "Yeah".Need Han from Shield Gen Asslt BP!

Awesome collection!

We just came home from Lowes and were checking out shelves to display my much smaller collection. Your shelves look great, are they just the "standard" shelves at most hardware store. Also, I like how the figures are elevated behind the front figures. How did you do that or what did you use. Thanks, and that is a really great collection!

Holy ****! Dude that is so fricken sweet! I just LOVE your setups. But seriously, that is probably the best collection and setup I have ever seen.

The only thing I can say I dislike are all the stormies/clones lined up, in the same pose. I just find that a bit boring, but if it works for you then great! I like how you have the carded stuff towards the top.

That must be a pretty big room. Do you have any stuff on the floor?

Banned

•    

Damn Rob.

It's very obvious that you have much more space in your room than I have.

Fantastic display, and so neatly organized.

Looks like Greedo dropped his drink though.

Great job. Looks awesome.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by MisterKenobi
    As much as I utterly hate you wth every inch of my body... I have taken you off my ignore list beause I really wanted to see this.

Your collection is amazing, and you should be very proud of it. It is very nicely displayed, very professional looking, and completely diverse. There's a little bit of everything... loose, MOC, 12", modern, vinty, lego, unleashed, ff premiums, etc. Well done. I am truly impressed.

Very nice. Very, very nice!
    Thanks Matt, that's nice of you to say.

What are ff premiums?

MAn, I called my dad over and we just scrolled down in awe. My dad never knew about people buying so many of one figure. We just went down in awe. I was planning on taking pictures of my collection, and posting them here, because it needs a bit of updating, but looking at yours and Ian's. I don't know if anyone would pass a second glance at mine.

I guess I'm trying to say......SHWEET. (I realize I spelled sweet wrong, I pronounce it with an H)
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneWallJackson
    Awesome collection!

We just came home from Lowes and were checking out shelves to display my much smaller collection. Your shelves look great, are they just the "standard" shelves at most hardware store. Also, I like how the figures are elevated behind the front figures. How did you do that or what did you use. Thanks, and that is a really great collection!
    Almost all of the shelves are from Home Depot - they're laminated rubbermaid shelves, 48" by 12".

This has been a big problem for me lately though, because they discontinued the solid black in favor of this woodgrain styled grayish color. Thankfully I have just enough for now. The long long shelves across the entire walls are just three of these - for a total of 12"

The unleashed are on 2' x 10" smaller shelves, same color and style - also discontinued.

They still make lots of these shelves - just not in the solid black anymore. Over the last 3 or 4 years I've probably spent around $500 on shelving between all the shelves and wall brackest and L-brackets. Those damn things add up quick!

As for the elevated look... wow. It started when I was 15, I used to use my mom's International Delight coffee tins. She'd save them, I'd paint them black and then stack them up bleacher style and stand figures on it.

Eventually the flow of those wasn't enough to keep up with the need - so nowadays I use LOTS of different stuff, (almost) all painted black and then I just assembled the stuff however I can to make it work. I've got CD cases, a few hundred VHS tapes (those work great), the little box-supports from the middle of the pizza that keep the box from dipping into the pizza... peanut butter and parmesean cheese lids... you name it. As long as it's a firm enough plastic that it doesn't move at all, it generally works. The episode III clones area for example, is tons of VHS tapes stacked up, with 2"x2" wood blocks (that are cut to the same length as the tapes, set on top of them to make extra 'stairs'. It's unavoidable sometimes, but I try not to have anyone standing directly behind anyone else at the same level.

I guess it's a bit of a process that I've evolved over the last 10 years or so. Even today I don't have quite enough stuff to really stack it all up and fill it all out the way I'd like - but one of my rules is to not pay for that stuff, because if I went shopping for blank VHS tapes and the like it would cost a fortune - it's pretty much all made out of found items that I've painted.

Quote Originally Posted by NuteGunray

That must be a pretty big room. Do you have any stuff on the floor?
    Nothing on the floor, in part because I have dogs, in part because I'm an anal-retantive neat freak.

** I should add that this isn't quite everything... The Lego UCS Star Destroyer is boxed up for lack of a surface big enough to hold it, and there are pockets in the loose area (like in the Endor bunker) where there are piled up outdated versions of resculpted figures. There are a few more vehicles in the closet - as well as lots of stuff that if I had more room would be mixed into the loose figures, like the Millenium Falcon gunner stations, the jedi council stuff, crab droids, spider droids, speeder bikes, more dewbacks, a handful of playsets, and so on and so forth.

I dig the asteroids. I haven't seen that done before. Is there a thread about asteroids burried somewhere in the customs thread? I wouldn't mind getting a recipe for those.
    Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter....

RS: Trade List / Feedback

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast