For a long time, I've been obsessed by the original paint scheme for Walrus Man back in the 70's. In his first appearance, he looked like this:
Here's a blowup with him right side up:
Even on the old 24-figure vinyl case art, he looked like this (although I tweaked the image in the computer to give him more distinct eyes):
So I took a couple of spare Walrus Men, and set out to make this early paint scheme version as a custom. I first tried to mask off the head, but later had to strip off the spray-painted orange because of some bubbling issues across the belly. For this second attempt, I removed the original head (l) prior to beginning. This will also allow me to substitute the head (r) of a previous Walrus Man custom of mine who got a hand-painted touchup of the eyes and tusks. Reduce, reuse, recycle!
And here's the body spray-painted grey primer:
Tomorrow, I'll do the orange base coat.