Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The AFA Discussion Thread Pt.2

The AFA Discussion Thread Pt.2

With the current forum structure all threads over 500 posts have to be locked and restarted. The good ol'AFA thread has reached that point and is being restarted here.

The old thread and the previous discussions can be found here: AFA Discussion Thread Pt.1

And, to refresh, the AFA Discussion Thread was started for this reason:

In an effort to combat the insane amount of AFA related discussions in the vintage section we're going to have this thread and this thread only open for discussion on this topic.

Love it, hate it or if you've just got something say about it - post it here. Any and all future threads on AFA will be locked and the poster will be directed to this thread which will remain sticky.

Related links:

www.toygrader.com

If you can think of any other related threads or links that should be posted here, please PM me and i'll edit the post accordingly
    Shane Turgeon
    Author: The Force in the Flesh
    www.theforceintheflesh.com
    www.tattoosandtoys.com

Re: The AFA Discussion Thread Pt.2

AFA Sucks!
    Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
    President - http://www.pswcs.com
    Executive Editor - http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!
    Artist & Writer - http://c7yb.com

Quote Originally Posted by BillCable
    AFA Sucks!
    LOL I literally burst out laughing. When I saw you had the first post I had to read. You really know how to get the ball rolling.

John
    and time will be, the catalyst to weed out the weak and beget strength-of character
    -Shai Hulud
    http://theswca.com/
    southside_201 at yahoo dot com My PMs are full so please don't use.

What's AFA??

I never knew until last week that they actually grade items with cracked bubbles. i always thought if it had been touched up by ink or had cracked bubbles they refused to grade it, i guess not

I sent in a MOC figure that was mint except that someone had set it in spilled "white out" and it had a very small amount on the edge bellow the bubble. They refused to grade saying that it was an attempted reseal. Yeah right, it was CLEARLY factory sealed all around. They were nice enough to case it up and charge me the full $27 bucks.
    A respectable company would have contacted me to find out if I wanted it cased or not since it couldn't be graded. I'm done with them.

Quote Originally Posted by BillCable
    AFA Sucks!
    So how do I get something AFA graded? :-)
    Member of the 62 POTF coin club!!
    My Trade Feedback has links to want and have trade lists.

Quote Originally Posted by seadonkey
    I sent in a MOC figure that was mint except that someone had set it in spilled "white out" and it had a very small amount on the edge bellow the bubble. They refused to grade saying that it was an attempted reseal. Yeah right, it was CLEARLY factory sealed all around. They were nice enough to case it up and charge me the full $27 bucks.
    A respectable company would have contacted me to find out if I wanted it cased or not since it couldn't be graded. I'm done with them.
    On the submission form you send in, you have to check whether or not you want it cased if its refused. I'm assuming you checked it.
    "I don't want to wait for our lives to be over..."
    http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Screen/6340/

Quote Originally Posted by seadonkey
    They were nice enough to case it up and charge me the full $27 bucks.
    The forms you have to submit with your item(s) clearly state that rejected items will still be cased. It shouldn't have been a suprise to you.
    SW Collecting Since 1977
    Leif's Trade Feedback

Supersnipe Comic Art Gallery (and related SW art) (George Lucas' & Ed Summers' comic/art shop in the 1970's)
    Star Wars Dyeline & Cactus Print Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_Gray
    I never knew until last week that they actually grade items with cracked bubbles. i always thought if it had been touched up by ink or had cracked bubbles they refused to grade it, i guess not
    Yes. I have an AFA graded figure with a bubble crack. I assume the crack must be small for them to grade it though. In the case of my figure the crack looks like a pin stick it's so small. And for that it got a 70 bubble sub-grade and a 70 overall, despite the card and figure getting 85's. But I'm happy cause I bought it after it was graded and paid half the price it would have cost me as an 85.

It's a nice vintage piece and unless you hold it up close you can't even see the damage. Not bad for $65.
    SW Collecting Since 1977
    Leif's Trade Feedback

Supersnipe Comic Art Gallery (and related SW art) (George Lucas' & Ed Summers' comic/art shop in the 1970's)
    Star Wars Dyeline & Cactus Print Thread

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast