Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoth Bust-Ups Series 5

Hoth Bust-Ups Series 5

Since there is not an actual thread dedicated to this I thought I could start one to ask this.

Anybody bought a case?

I was wondering how many of each are in each case?

Rod
    ...better get used to it, I'm still here and ain't going anywhere anytime soon.:p

Re: Hoth Bust-Ups Series 5

I got a case Rod but it's still sitting @ UPS til tuesday I'll msg you on here or on TSWCG andtell you about it.
    Ke draar ramaana sa hutuun - Never die a cowards death
    Duct tape is kinda like the force
    one light side, one dark side and holds the universe together.

Hey, when you open it, pay attention of the location of each bust in the case.

I was wondeirng if the case has 18 busts, if you'd get two regular sets and one chase set....

We'll see....
    ...better get used to it, I'm still here and ain't going anywhere anytime soon.:p

ok I'll mark them the way they are in the case and break them down

I'm pretty sure that you are only guaranteed to get one complete regular set. I actually opened the case at the place I bought them from the other day, and I only got one full regular set and 2 Ice Variants (Vader and AT-AT driver)
    Feedback
    Need: Blackhole Stormtrooper Bustups

your such a a debbie downer

I got a Luke and Wampa today from Sam Goody and they both came completly blue (the color of the ice base). Is this a rare mis-print or should I just return them?

They are just the variant version. Not terribly rare. I think they are 2-3 per case or something close to that. I actually got 4 of these today, and my Luke was the clear ice variant. I want the reg instead, so if anyone has an extra one and wants the ice variant, I would happily make a trade.

Why would they make a clear ice variant? IMO they look ugly.

Because it's a cheap way for them to create hype and cause more diehard collectors to "chase" after them. Since they are packed very few to a case, a lot of collectors will buy whole cases trying to get them. Plain and simple, it is more sales for Gentle Giant.

I agree that they are kind of ugly, but it has been well established that there are some real compulsive SW collectors, ones who just have to acquire every single item there is. Some would run out in search of a pile of dog poo if it was sculpted to look like Boba Fett.

Think about a lot of the other chase/exclusive figures the last year or so. Lava Vader, Holo Yoda, Holo Emperor, Holo Leia, etc.- They are all pretty lame to me just taken by themselves, but the "limited" aspect of them is really what works people into a frenzy over them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast