Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The AFA Discussion Thread

The AFA Discussion Thread

In an effort to combat the insane amount of AFA related discussions in the vintage section we're going to have this thread and this thread only open for discussion on this topic.

Love it, hate it or if you've just got something say about it - post it here. Any and all future threads on AFA will be locked and the poster will be directed to this thread which will remain sticky.

Related links:

www.toygrader.com

If you can think of any other related threads or links that should be posted here, please PM me and i'll edit the post accordingly
    Shane Turgeon
    Author: The Force in the Flesh
    www.theforceintheflesh.com
    www.tattoosandtoys.com

Re: The AFA Discussion Thread

AFA Sucks! You should have called this "The AFA Sucks Thread."
    Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
    President - http://www.pswcs.com
    Executive Editor - http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!
    Artist & Writer - http://c7yb.com

As a good start and a good post to have at the top, who is this gentleman I hear of who makes excellent plexiglass display cases for vinatge figures and others toys? I hear the cost is about 1/3 of the price of AFA and you can open the case?
    Constantly searching for Prototypes of Transformers, Battle Beasts, Mega Force, Beetlejuice Animated, Pirates of Dark Water, Bucky O'Hare, Thundercats & Dungeons and Dragons!

I don't know why people are against the Air Force Association. They promote aerospace power and a strong national defense.. you just can't please some people.

Phil

I &lt;3 AFA!!!!!
    Wanted: Boxed large size action figures - Kenner, Kenner Canada, Denys Fisher, Clipper, Mecanno, Toltoys, Takara, BASA, Palitoy, Lili Ledy, Toltoys ESB, preproduction, prototypes, box flats.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
    who is this gentleman I hear of who makes excellent plexiglass display cases for vinatge figures and others toys?

[/QUOTE]

I guess you refer to:

http://www.kennertoys.com/cases/cases.htm

Am I right?
    *I shot the Artoo but I did not shoot C3PO!*

Oscar rocks! I highly recommend his work, and he's friendly as hell, to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by BillCable
    AFA Sucks! You should have called this "The AFA Sucks Thread."
    Hear, Hear!!!!

-John
    "Can't tell someone not to open a MOC but all hell breaks loose if you break an acrylic case lol" -Joe_O

OK here goes...

Could someone explain the difference between how AFA decides whether a figure is uncirculated or not?

It is possible that a figure was removed from a card (this means circulated right?) 20+ years ago and looked after very well.

Also theoretically speaking is a U85 better than a standard 85? How does one compare the two?

E.g is a C9 immediately given a U when it comes to grading?

My thanks in advance.
    My Feedback
    Looking to acquire vintage hardcopy parts.

HI
    A carded figure gets the U grade is when it is removed from a sealed case of figures (by AFA).
    A loose figure is getting the U grade when its removed from a blister or a baggie (by AFA).
    A U graded figure is not better in the condition than a non U graded figure.

Mats
    Wanted! ROTJ Hammerhead moc C9 clear blister

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast