Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Project #7 - Final day! Post your customs!

Group Project #7 - Final day! Post your customs!

After a break of six months, I've decided to bring back our group projects. For those that are new, these are projects we do together. Two subjects are chosen. You can do either one or both. You may deviate from the reference pictures but please try to stay on subject. As you build you figure, please post work in progress shots of it. We can then discuss how the figures are coming along, come up with ideas for improvement and share techniques.

This project will have a time limit until July 29th. That should give everybody plenty of time to get parts and build one or both subjects. The final pictures will be displayed at FFURG casting call for group projects. You can see our previous projects here: http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/cc-48.htm

Everybody is invited participate. Here are the two reference pictures. Feel free to use your imagination and make then your own.

Lets start talking about parts.

Re: Group Project #7 - Mon Calamari Dancer and Fem-bot

Wonderful idea Phruby. I'm a little intimidated by the Mon Calamari, but I'll probably give it a shot.

The Fembot is a super idea... I wonder if the diner droid could be used for parts at all for it, or the almost human looking figure that comes with a Transformer motorcycle?

Quote Originally Posted by CHEWIE
    Wonderful idea Phruby. I'm a little intimidated by the Mon Calamari, but I'll probably give it a shot.

The Fembot is a super idea... I wonder if the diner droid could be used for parts at all for it, or the almost human looking figure that comes with a Transformer motorcycle?

Much like the Mon Calamari ballerinas, I think Ayy Vida would make the perfect body template for the Bettie Droids (BD-3000). As far as the heads ... I suppose just about any Padme or Leia head could be used.
    Some days, it just doesn't seem worth the effort of chewing through the restraints!

OK so this is the first time I've seen these "fembots". Where are they from? Were they in ROTS?
    Accidental killer of the W&P thread.

I would like to take a shot at the mon cal dancer. But I don't have an extra Ayy Vidda body (left alone have her in my permanent collection...) Anybody here who can provide me one (not to expensive) ? I'm Belgian, and it's not easy for us to get these figs.
    My customs and props at:
    [urlhttp://mace2006.deviantart.com/[/url]

I think the female protocol droid would be a great challange for those that can sculpt with wax.

Quote Originally Posted by Norga_Rotem
    OK so this is the first time I've seen these "fembots". Where are they from? Were they in ROTS?
    In the scene in ROTS where Anakin meets the senators.
    “Bring me your Crystal Stars, Holiday Specials, and Glove of Darth Vaders! The EU's imperfection makes it feel real.”
    Abel G. Peña

Hmmmm I may have to actually consider doing a tangible custom. The fembot looks like its more of an intermediate class of custom. I could give it shot!

Heres a back shot of the cally chick

I thought I smelled bad on the outside...

Re: Group Project #7 - Mon Calamari Dancer and Fem

I agree with Dan_Cziraky. I think Ayy Vida will be the basis for both of mine. I think the fembot is Ayy Vida with rough edges.
    The face is still a puzzle to me.
    WA-7 may be good for the arms.
    Hey... It's Me. - Han Solo
    Glassman's Customs ~ Webstore ~ Facebook

Re: Group Project #7 - Mon Calamari Dancer and Fem

How much freedom to add personal touches does one have with these group projects? Do they need to look as close to the pics as we can get, or can we just use them as a baseline idea?

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast