Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788

Thread: Recent Acquisitions!

Quote Originally Posted by CLone_Wolf View Post
    Quick Question:

Q: Are the 'Green' Commtech figures that came out about the same time as the Red EpI Commtech figures more considered POTF2 figs or EPi figs?
    (Things like R2w/HoloLeia/Greedo/etc)

-Wolf
    POTF2 figures I believe. The line officially ran until 2000, when both POTF2 and Episode 1 ended and POTJ started.

Thanks all on the 'Green Stripe' CommTech responses...

But WHAT exactly is the 'incorrect' Wedge issue? Did the fig with the falcon case end up NOT being Wedge???
    I have one of these. How do I tell if its the right one, or the error?

-CW

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    scored a POTF Millennium Falcon Carrying Case incorrect Wedge Antilles figures at SW Celebration for $2.00.

Quote Originally Posted by CLone_Wolf View Post
    Thanks all on the 'Green Stripe' CommTech responses...

But WHAT exactly is the 'incorrect' Wedge issue? Did the fig with the falcon case end up NOT being Wedge???
    I have one of these. How do I tell if its the right one, or the error?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    scored a POTF Millennium Falcon Carrying Case incorrect Wedge Antilles figures at SW Celebration for $2.00.
    -CW
    MILLENNIUM FALCON CARRY CASE Includes Exclusive Wedge Antilles Figure

Luke Skywalker | Wedge Antilles (Incorrect Colors) | Wedge Antilles (Correct Colors)

Points of Interest:
    • The same body of this figure was used for figure of Luke Skywalker in X-wing Fighter Pilot Gear.
    • The original release of Wedge Antilles was painted with the incorrect helmet and white stripes down the sleeves. It was corrected soon afterwards.
    -VICTORY IS OURS-
    -YOU WILL JOIN US-
    visit your imperial recruitment center now.

I picked up at POTF2 2-1B Medical Droid at a local shop the other day. I also just recently ordered the POTF2 Dewback with Sandtrooper online.
    "Trust me, just buy it."

I bought the 1995 POTF2 Stormtrooper and Darth Vader off of eBay a couple months back and the Vader figure ended up being the long lightsaber version, which conjured up some nostalgic feelings for the POTF2 days. In some ways I think I have even more nostalgia for POTF2 than Kenner vintage, because I was out on my own, making my own money and spending big chunks of that money on Star Wars toys. Unlike being a kid when you were almost completely dependent on a family member's generosity if you wanted a new toy.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

For me, my son was 3 years old in 1995 so I was buying the POTF2 figures for the both of us!

I just got the Ronto and Jawa today off of Amazon for $15.

It's one that I wanted as a kid but never got.

I love the Ronto. I wish the gear was removable, but maybe one day they'll update the figure.

The Jawa is great too since I have the other ones form the POTF2 line as well as TVC, so this adds a new one to the Jawa ranks.

And looking at the Ronto's body, I can see a possibility for a Luggabeast(TFA) custom made from it.

You'd have to remove the head/neck, the gear, and a bit of the back to make it the right height, but after that you'd have at least a base to work on making the LB. I'd have to look at the LB some more to know if the feet/skin texture is accurate enough. A Reek might also work after removing enough of it. And either one could still have the action features from moving the legs to make the LB rear up or buck. Just thought I'd mention my thoughts on that. :{D

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788