Page 955 of 965 FirstFirst ... 455855905945953954955956957 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,550 of 9649

Thread: Recent Acquisitions - LEGO Edition

Quote Originally Posted by exciter View Post
    I won in the LEGO Lottery at Star Wars Celebration and was able to pick-up an exclusive Detention Block set.
    Congrats! I'm just throwing this out there - if you are looking to get rid of it PLMK because I might be able to help you find a buyer.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 04-20-2017 at 12:20 AM.
    Staff Reporter: LEGO & AU/NZ Collecting News
    Moderator: LEGO & LEGO: Classifieds

For Sale:
    LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary Archive Sale
    For Fun: LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary Archive Gallery
    For Feedback: Jeremy = AOK

Found the new CMF's at Wal-Mart today, and bought two. Ended up being Corn Cob Guy and '80's workout lady.

I found new CMFs as well, but at Toy R Us. I found the ones I wanted plus a couple for my son, and was able to take advantage of the Friends and Family coupon.

Picked up LBM batmobile poly at Walmart. Also saw them at TRU. Saw the series 17 minis at TRU too but passed for now

This was @ a retailer in their book section for fairly cheap so grabbed it to add a Snow trooper for cheaper than they cost per set.

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long.
    мыслете наш он покой

Quote Originally Posted by PROVOST View Post
    This was @ a retailer in their book section for fairly cheap so grabbed it to add a Snow trooper for cheaper than they cost per set.
    My son has this book and reviewed it for Rebelscum - http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...ual_171632.asp.

How'd you enjoy your copy? Was it worth it?
    Staff Reporter: LEGO & AU/NZ Collecting News
    Moderator: LEGO & LEGO: Classifieds

For Sale:
    LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary Archive Sale
    For Fun: LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary Archive Gallery
    For Feedback: Jeremy = AOK

Lieutenant Commander

This may be blasphemy but I gave in and bought the lepin black pearl and imperial warship. My daughter and I love pirates and seemed like the best bang for the buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayghost2482 View Post
    This may be blasphemy but I gave in and bought the lepin black pearl and imperial warship. My daughter and I love pirates and seemed like the best bang for the buck.

That's what Lepin banks on, people buying stolen IP design and trademarks instead of buying the legitimate one or doing without.
    Huge Army Builder, 852 figures and counting.

Yeah, I wouldn't go saying stuff like that on Lego boards. Lepin is the major offender in the battle against Lego knockoffs.

Lots of Lego boards I go to are ok with Lepin talk, it's pretty causal and not all that much though. Places like Eurobricks treat Lepin like Voldemort though. Personally I have no problem with Lepin offering old retired sets for a fraction of the cost. I have yet to buy one myself but would consider it for sets like Café Corner and the Green Grocer. From what I have read from other collectors the quality is pretty good, comparable to Lego. If a site, board wants to forbid Lepin talk from fear of Lego cracking down on them as far as news, sets, etc. I would certainly understand but I really don't see any potential talk overshadowing regular Lego talk. Besides Lego is doing fine, they can take care of themselves. I doubt Lepin is making a huge financial dent in Lego, if anything at all really, and yes I get and understand IP laws but from years of collecting I believe that Lego collectors would rather opt for the real thing than resort to Lego and only do so to get retired, astronomically priced sets. I also don't mind buying KO of con exclusives, like I did for Shazam and Phoenix. While I would much rather have the real things the KO's will have to suffice instead of paying crazy eBay prices.

Page 955 of 965 FirstFirst ... 455855905945953954955956957 ... LastLast