Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazing new find

Amazing new find

This turned up through some random dealer who had no knowledge of its history. I have no background information on it, though the colors seem to speak for themselves.

-chris
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive
    www.theswca.com
    chris@toysrgus.com

Re: Amazing new find

Whatever it is, it looks really cool!!! Was it sold to you as a prototype??
    Check out my restoration site:
    www.toyfixer.com

Thats a real cool piece

Looks like John A has been hard at work in his basement again.... First it was Inner Circle Bootlegs, now he has progressed to prototypes. Where will the insanity stop??

Billy
    2008 winner of the "Best Supporting Awesomeness" Award. And rightly so.
    John A's fave link ever.... http://history.cookiethievery.com/041204/

Looks like someone's been taking chrome again.
    Shane Turgeon
    Author: The Force in the Flesh
    www.theforceintheflesh.com
    www.tattoosandtoys.com

I was there when this amazing find was unearthed by Chris. Let's just say it left those of us who met up at the Greensboro toy show speechless. As I was driving home I regretted not offering some major cash to Chris for this piece, or at least trade some of my coveted R2 items. In retrospect, Chris is a "keeper of the hobby", and this rare find should always stay with him. "Original 21" protos are exceedingly rare. I'm sure it keeps a spot next to Chris' amazing prototype collection.
    "This post does not seem to be relevant to reality therefore I am closing it." - Mike Mensinger

So is this thing real or not? Or is it just stripped of it's chrome and parts dyed different colors? I NEED to know
    Remember all those independant contractors that died while constructing the Death Star.
    A moment of silence please.........

It's a death star droid that fell into a rainbow colored vat of paint. That's all.
    Great find.

-John

PS: To Bryan, I just noticed your signature line, I think I laughed for a good solid five minutes. That's Great...
    "Can't tell someone not to open a MOC but all hell breaks loose if you break an acrylic case lol" -Joe_O

Neat looking piece, Sparky. Dare I ask if you bought it as a prototype or if the dealer sold it as a novelty? Either way those colors make that a killer piece. Congrats!

John
    and time will be, the catalyst to weed out the weak and beget strength-of character
    -Shai Hulud
    http://theswca.com/
    southside_201 at yahoo dot com My PMs are full so please don't use.

Where did that come from? Weird looking limbs..
    W

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast