Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Queen's Royal Starship

Emperor's Hand

I am digging my old Royal Starship out of Storage but it needs a bit of a paint touch up. Can anyone suggest a good colour match for the silver paint used on this?

Also the stickers need replacing so if anyone has a spare set let me know or knows how to reproduce a set of my own being the other option.

You know if anyone has a junker just let me know!!!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by stylie_steve; 08-21-2012 at 03:59 AM.
    Formerly of Cyber_Syxx fame.

I had my Royal Starship in the mail today. It was MISB, but when I unboxed it I discovered that the sound function was not working properly. The outer lights and the vulture-droid-impact-feature work just fine, as do the three interior lights and most of the other sounds. However, the second sound-button - the one which normally triggers the blaster sounds - only triggers half a blaster sound followed by utter silence and - if I'm lucky another half or quarter of a blaster sound. The corrsponding lights still flicker, but the sound file seems to be corrupt.

So my question is: Is this a rather common issue with the starship? Has anyone ever taken the playset apart? I was thinking of buying a second played-with and thus relatively cheap starship to replace the soundboard of my mint one. Any ideas?

And because someone asked some pages earlier: I would not wait much longer if you're planning to buy a MISB one. The batteries in mine were dead, but mostly non-leaking. However one of the four batteries must just have started to leak. It did not do any damage to the contacts, but I don't know what the situation would have been if this playset would have sat in the box for one more year. Also, the pre-applied stickers at the starship's floor started to peel off. The sticker sheet however was still as new and as sticky as it must have been on the first day after production.

Another issue could be that the starship itself has some room to move within the box thus causing paint chips and (minor) scratches on the hull.

A local Craigslist seller has a MIB Royal Starship for $50.
    If I didn't already have one...

Quote Originally Posted by wook22 View Post
    I always struggle when I get a new carded figure or vehicle. I really want to open them but then I think of how much carded vintage items go for these days.
    There you have it, 1999-2001 collector's ill-advised mindset in a nutshell :')

Quote Originally Posted by MiSha View Post
    And because someone asked some pages earlier: I would not wait much longer if you're planning to buy a MISB one. The batteries in mine were dead, but mostly non-leaking. However one of the four batteries must just have started to leak. It did not do any damage to the contacts, but I don't know what the situation would have been if this playset would have sat in the box for one more year. Also, the pre-applied stickers at the starship's floor started to peel off. The sticker sheet however was still as new and as sticky as it must have been on the first day after production.

Another issue could be that the starship itself has some room to move within the box thus causing paint chips and (minor) scratches on the hull.
    Good to know - Thanks. I have a MIS Queen's Royal starship somewhere, and have never opened this - this is such a huge toy, that I felt it was best to store this in the box. However, never realized there may be an issue with the leaking batteries. That's terrible. As a kid, I remember a friend had the electronic Vintage Imperial Troop Transport & the batteries leaked all over the inside of the toy, ruining this. What a waste...

I finally was able to get a Naboo Royal Starship. Despite seeing pictures and checking the RS photoarchive, I'm really impressed at the size of that ship ! Really cool toy, with lots of features, I now need to try the electronics !

Great White Shark capitol of the United States

•    
    I have three teenage boys who ADORED playing with my royal starship years ago, now I have much younger nephews who gravitate to that vehicle more than any of my other vehicles, the infrared features have held up remarkably well, and watching those panels fly off is still a kick. it is frequently crewed by other more modern characters such as KYLO REN and som clone troopers- but somehow RIC OLIE is the only qualified pilot, lol! my landing gear is no longer secure in the sockets and falls out once the craft is picked up, but there aren't any broken parts, just loose.
    Disney- irresponsibly destroying a once proudly crafted toy line.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t944495/?...eedback+thread

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233