Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AFA and cloud city

AFA and cloud city

Guys, I know im new to this board but I thouhgt I may throw a topic to you all. Cloud city currently has 53 Items for sale which Have been AFA graded 10 of those items have acheived an AFA 90 grade and 1 an AFA 95 grade - about a 20% rate. I have submiited 17 figures - 1 has gained an AFA 90 - about 1 6% success rate.

I havent looked at the ratios/chances of this happening by going through the figure archives, but at a glance this looks high to me.

What do you guys think?? Have these thoughts ever crossed your mind??

Dave

Re: AFA and cloud city

Yes. But they have also been answered by Cloud City. Alot of this stuff is high grade anyway. It is true that Cloud City owns stock in AFA or something of the sort, but they have nothing to do with the grading.

Simply check my my thread of AFA and what a crock it is - AFA hascome into the equation.

It stinks. They are both connected and in this thing for money!

Ripping off us collectors!
    " It's one of those Nostalgia places that're not done very well..."
    My Feedback

Originally posted by alasone:
    ...It stinks. They are both connected and in this thing for money!

Ripping off us collectors...
    <font size="2" face="arial">and with cloud city being a business, they should sell everything dirt cheap to give everyone a deal ?

kinda ruins the point of owning a business dont ya think ?

[IMG]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]

It's a business that wants crushing.

Give the vintage back to it's collectors!
    STOP with their FAKE AFA grades giving 90+++
    Fake as in AFA are fair and easy to give a 90 grade to Cloud City that they wouldn't think twice about giving us private collectors - those that matter - a measly 80!!!

So they can BOTH make big bucks.
    Cos hell, that IS what they are making.

This has to stop.

I've had someone email me today with some suspicions about a very shady AFA deal with Cloud City that he has noticed with a certain 4-LOM. I will keep him nameless as to not involve him.

And I do hope he can churn up this evidence and STOP this madness.

They're ripping off the innocent collectors of the world!!

US!?

You're all either with me or without me.
    Either way is fine but remember this:
    Don't you want REAL prices for your collectables and not a silly PLOTTED money making deal with the so called big boys in the game.

This ain't right.
    Break them NOW!!
    " It's one of those Nostalgia places that're not done very well..."
    My Feedback

You are really making too big a deal about this. If you don't like AFA or Cloud City, don't buy from them. That's what I do.

Originally posted by alasone:
    It's a business that wants crushing.

Give the vintage back to it's collectors!
    STOP with their FAKE AFA grades giving 90+++
    Fake as in AFA are fair and easy to give a 90 grade to Cloud City that they wouldn't think twice about giving us private collectors - those that matter - a measly 80!!!

So they can BOTH make big bucks.
    Cos hell, that IS what they are making.

This has to stop.

I've had someone email me today with some suspicions about a very shady AFA deal with Cloud City that he has noticed with a certain 4-LOM. I will keep him nameless as to not involve him.

And I do hope he can churn up this evidence and STOP this madness.

They're ripping off the innocent collectors of the world!!

US!?

You're all either with me or without me.
    Either way is fine but remember this:
    Don't you want REAL prices for your collectables and not a silly PLOTTED money making deal with the so called big boys in the game.

This ain't right.
    Break them NOW!!
    <font size="2" face="arial">Are you for real?????
    ///AMG
    W210 E55

JUST TIDIED UP MY ORIGINAL POST AS READING IT BACK IT DIDNT MAKE SENSE!!!

Guys, I know im new to this board but I thought I may throw a topic to you all. Cloud city currently has 53 Items for sale. Of which Have 10 of those items have acheived an AFA 90 grade and 1 an AFA 95 grade - about a 20% rate. I have submiited 17 figures - 1 has gained an AFA 90 - about 1 6% success rate. I consider the standard of my figures to be pretty high.

I havent looked at the ratios/chances of this happening by going through the figure archives, but at a glance this looks like Cloud City is attaining a very high percentage of high grades.

What do you guys think?? Have these thoughts ever crossed your mind??

Dave

I have zero interest in graded, let alone most carded, figures, but this issue has come up before, in a thread with a similiar title. Cloud City doesn't "own stock" in AFA. Read all about it:

AFA/Cloud City Question

Originally posted by Phillip Johnson:
    Are you for real?????
    <font size="2" face="arial">couldn't have put it better myself.

if you dont like the prices AFA pieces are going for, dont buy it graded, you can get a similar piece ungraded for tons less.

if you dont like what AFA is doing "grading" figures, don't send anything in, no ones forcing you to.

[IMG]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast