Thread: What ever happened to Virginia Brooks?

What ever happened to Virginia Brooks?

I was tooling around the archive and came across this stuff again, which I had forgotten about. What ever happened to that flake?

Cj
    WTB: Palitoy ESB Han Hoth, PBP Han Hoth (ESB & ROTJ)
    WTS: Rocket Firing Fett Missile. L and J slot available

Vintage Toy Archive: http://www.12back.com

Re: What ever happened to Virginia Brooks?

I thought she sold all those rare 1 of a kind unpainted production micro figures for $3,000,000. I hear she bought a mansion near the Skywalker Ranch [IMG]images/icons/smile.gif[/IMG]

I thought she sold all those rare 1 of a kind unpainted production micro figures for $3,000,000. I hear she bought a mansion near the Skywalker Ranch [IMG]images/icons/smile.gif[/IMG]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob:

She moved to Meriden, CT and is now living with Rob Amantea (microrob) [IMG]images/icons/grin.gif[/IMG]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She moved in with me and I helped her sell her micros for a few million. Now were just sitting back living the good life.

[IMG]images/icons/wink.gif[/IMG]
    Coming Soon:
    The Comprehensive Guide to Kenner's Micro Collection
    Keep Checking Microrob.com for more info.

I've read those several times. Very interesting stuff. If she did show up again. It'd be funny to ask her if she wanted to trade some unpainted micros or maybe just send her a couple.

-Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cfawcett:
    I was tooling around the archive and came across this stuff again, which I had forgotten about. What ever happened to that flake?

Cj
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She moved to Meriden, CT and is now living with Rob Amantea (microrob) [IMG]images/icons/grin.gif[/IMG]

J/K

Don't know...

Rob.
    Looking to buy a "Collect all 32" and "Collect all 21" (with Fett offer) bell header.

I was actually asking about the same thing a few months ago. I had never read the story and came across it, and it was an interesting read. I beleive it was Chris G. I asked about it and from what I gather she "went away" for now.

John
    and time will be, the catalyst to weed out the weak and beget strength-of character
    -Shai Hulud
    http://theswca.com/
    southside_201 at yahoo dot com My PMs are full so please don't use.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by southside201:
    I was actually asking about the same thing a few months ago. I had never read the story and came across it, and it was an interesting read. I beleive it was Chris G. I asked about it and from what I gather she "went away" for now.

John
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One reason that story in the Archive is so long is because she was so insistet at the time. Nothing anybody ever said was going to change her mind. One person (not a collector) told her the stuff was worth thousands and that was it. Actually we ended up meeting that guy several times face to face. :^)

She kept saying that she was going to take us all to court, but that never happened. Apparently she had lawyers working on it and at one point they told her to put the things on ebay to see what the value was.

She faded away probably 2 years ago. I forget the last time anything was mentioned. But she did that once before and came back so you never know what the future holds.

Unfortunately, no matter what's said I think she would never be fully convinced that we were right all along. :^)

-chris
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive
    www.theswca.com
    chris@toysrgus.com

She's probably still bitter over her lost millions, blaming the all-powerful archive editors for conspiring to set artificially low market prices and steal her treasures away from her.

Poor dear.
    R. Jason Coulston
    jason.coulston@gmail.com

Heh, the Star Wars Goons strike again eh? [IMG]images/icons/grin.gif[/IMG]

--

Visit the Canadian Star Wars Gallery
    Star Wars with a Canadian focus
    Visit the Canadian Star Wars Gallery:
    http://web.ncf.ca/cn333/starwars.htm
    Star Wars with a Canadian focus
    WTB: a Canadian carded 4-LOM and Kenner Canada 3-Packs / Multipacks