Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: GI Joe ARAH Expert like Sansweet?

  1. #1

    GI Joe ARAH Expert like Sansweet?

    Is there a GI Joe equivalent of Steve Sansweet out there? Someone who is an expert on the minutiae of the 1980s GI Joe line? I have a really obscure question that has been floating around in my brain since the 80s and I have no idea who could possibly answer it.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Spassvogel View Post
    Is there a GI Joe equivalent of Steve Sansweet out there? Someone who is an expert on the minutiae of the 1980s GI Joe line? I have a really obscure question that has been floating around in my brain since the 80s and I have no idea who could possibly answer it.
    I would check some of the GI Joe sites. Generally there really isn't an equivalent of a Steve Sansweet for GI Joe as a lot of the GI Joe ARAH creators for both the characters and the toys are very approachable and will answer questions for you. I know that Chris McLeod and Justin Bell, just to name a few, are a couple of super knowledgeable,guys about that stuff.

  3. #3
    I would check out hisstank.com to find a GI Joe expert. The only name that comes to mind off the top of my head would be Mark Bellomo who writes the collecting guides. FYI, he was featured on a YouTube documentary series from Flophouse Films called Collectable Spectacle. You should check it out.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

  4. #4
    What is the Question?

    The Answer is 42.

    Combat Organization of Battle Ready Assassins
    The answer to every Star Wars question ever:
      Spoiler:  
    Its just a movie!!!!!!!!!!

    Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I would check out hisstank.com to find a GI Joe expert. The only name that comes to mind off the top of my head would be Mark Bellomo who writes the collecting guides. FYI, he was featured on a YouTube documentary series from Flophouse Films called Collectable Spectacle. You should check it out.
    Yeah, Bellomo definitely knows his stuff. He also appeared in several episodes of the Netflix documentary series The Toys that Made Us. And if I'm not mistaken, I think he has a Rebelscum account and has posted here from time to time.

  6. #6
    Thanks for the replies. I will look him up.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I would check out hisstank.com to find a GI Joe expert. The only name that comes to mind off the top of my head would be Mark Bellomo who writes the collecting guides. FYI, he was featured on a YouTube documentary series from Flophouse Films called Collectable Spectacle. You should check it out.

    I tried to register at Hisstank, but it said my email was banned, which is confusing because I've never registered there before or emailed them or anything like that. Bleah.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoViper View Post
    What is the Question?

    The Answer is 42.

    Combat Organization of Battle Ready Assassins
    Funny, I thought it was the Committee On the Basic Reduction of Armies.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas
    No, no....you're still HOLDING ON! LET GO! - 'Darth Vader wannabe'

  9. #9
    When the Joe Movie came out a lot of people kept asking if Cobra stood for something. Which we all knew it did but its only written in the GI Joe club mailings (80s) Not the current club. & not the toy packaging. It may have been written in the Marvel comics, but I wasn't scanning the issues to find it.
    The answer to every Star Wars question ever:
      Spoiler:  
    Its just a movie!!!!!!!!!!

    Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoViper View Post
    When the Joe Movie came out a lot of people kept asking if Cobra stood for something. Which we all knew it did but its only written in the GI Joe club mailings (80s) Not the current club. & not the toy packaging. It may have been written in the Marvel comics, but I wasn't scanning the issues to find it.
    In the comics, it was revealed that Cobra Commander ran a company called Arbco, which was very similar to Amway. His company was shut down by the government for being a pyramid scheme so he decided to become a domestic terrorist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •