Thread: First order stormtrooper customs/Cardinal

First order stormtrooper customs/Cardinal

Decided to beef up my modest TVC 3.75 First Order army with some custom troops. My Cardinal isnít perfect but he gets the job done. Mechacolor paint was used, I also reduced the ball joint to fit the head (painted TVC Rebel Hoth Trooper head) and hollowed out the original helmet and I used a lens cloth that I got with a screen protector for the cape because I liked the texture and weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outstanding!

He seems like a no-brainer for a multipack as he's so eye-catching...

First order stormtrooper customs/Cardinal

Quote Originally Posted by Yan_Solo View Post
    Outstanding!

He seems like a no-brainer for a multipack as he's so eye-catching...
    Thanks!!!
    Right? Heís such a simple but cool design. Same with a FO stormtrooper multipack that just has a lot of the hard to find gear like the harnesses, heavy gun, shield and baton and some pauldrons

Last edited by adamhebert5295; 07-11-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Really nice, wanna do this myself after reading Phasma last month. Would be good to have him ready to go for the premiere of Resistance this fall, whenever that turns out to be.

Looks like you got a very nice, smooth finish on that paint, and it looks really clean on the helmet, better than many of Hasbro’s helmets tbh. Judging by the height, I’m guessing you used a Stormtrooper rather than a Phasma as the base. Either way, looks really good with your FO army. (I also like your guys with vests, the heavy one and the guy from Niima outpost I think?)

Hope you keep at it, and keep sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by ralltiir View Post
    Really nice, wanna do this myself after reading Phasma last month. Would be good to have him ready to go for the premiere of Resistance this fall, whenever that turns out to be.

Looks like you got a very nice, smooth finish on that paint, and it looks really clean on the helmet, better than many of Hasbroís helmets tbh. Judging by the height, Iím guessing you used a Stormtrooper rather than a Phasma as the base. Either way, looks really good with your FO army. (I also like your guys with vests, the heavy one and the guy from Niima outpost I think?)

Hope you keep at it, and keep sharing!
    Heís just so striking, Iíve loved that design ever since the book came out.
    And yeah, I lucked out with the paint honestly. It was my first time using Mechacolor and I didnít know how it would work with just a regular paint brush since its advertised as airbrush paint, but it turned out really well. Itís super thin but thatís how I was able to avoid noticeable brush strokes. Just a few thin coats of that and it was solid! Model masters is also good for smoother finishes like that but I like the shade of red mechacolor has way more. Itís super bright. Best I could hope for with no airbrush gun! And yeah TVC storm troopers are just so readily available now, and plus judging by the artwork for the book the standard FO trooper armor is just more accurate. Phasmaís armor has a more unique build that Cardinal doesnít have. But anyways thanks!