Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vandor Playset - Rumour

I so wanted that Joe set when I was big into Clones, but never could get it for the price I felt it was worth.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Looking for JP Ellie, Grant & Muldoon
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

It would be awesome if they made the trail. Great sequence! The train also reminds me of playing the Ord Mantell train level on N64 as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranusspotting View Post
    It would be awesome if they made the trail. Great sequence! The train also reminds me of playing the Ord Mantell train level on N64 as a kid.

Good ol japanese game makers and their trains
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPete View Post
    The problem with modern playsets is for the most part, and for lack of a better word, they've sucked. The POTF2 Death Star sets were kind of meh. TPM sets were rickety and dull. AOTC's Geonosis I think was one of the better ones. ROTS's Mustafar was laughable. The Sarlaac and Lars Homestead sets while excellent IMO, were over priced for the time and crammed with repacks.
    Agree with all of this. The POTF2 Death Star & Endor/Hoth playsets were awful. Way too small, cheaply constructed, with almost 0 play value. What a half-*****ed job by Hasbro here. Pathetic, especially since they were so incredibly inferior to the great SW playsets that came out in the '80's. I.e., you would think the '90's playsets would be superior to ones that had come out 15+ years before due to advances in technology/tooling/etc., but the opposite was true.

I never got the Prequel playsets, or the Sarlaac/Tattoine sets that came out in the 200X's. I was considering getting the Sarlaac & Tattoine sets - but, was turned off by the re-packs. They couldn't even come with exclusive figures?! I hated the cheap-o POTF2 Uncle Owen (that originally came with a movie scene set from the late '90's - which also sucked), and definitely didn't want that figure in another set. I would have preferred these sets hadn't come with figures at all - than the ones they did come with.

That being said, I somewhat regret not getting either the Sarlaac/Tattoine sets when they came out - there definitely hasn't been anything else as good as these in the modern line. At least they looked decent, even if they were overpriced for what you were getting.

wasn't Power Of The Force 2 kenner?
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    Agree with all of this. The POTF2 Death Star & Endor/Hoth playsets were awful.
    No, the Endor bunker was terrific. Looks great, tons of play value and it's one of the few toys of any kind (figure, vehicle or playset) that still holds up from that era.

Indeed, the bunker is great, if a little undersized.
    The excellent bunker was so good, the rest of that set suffered for it though. That tree is hollow and completely devoid of paint, not even a wash. There was probably no budget left for a new Ewok catapult, so they threw in a different rock thrower thing from Dragonheart or somesuch. It's obviously an anachronistic different design, with iron bolts that the Ewoks didn't use.

This photo is really weird, hard to make out, but the different sections don't line up in a way that makes sense. I hope that's no explosion effect 'frozen in time'. That would be too limiting for display. If the set consists of a nice neutral train section, I'll get it. Could be great for any Imperial base, or game-based displays like the aforementioned SotE,or TFU II or JK:JA
    Check out my handy worksheet file, listing every 1/18th release from 1978 till 2017
    Easily filtered on source, line, type, product, character name and species, updated till 10-8-2017
    http://www.filedropper.com/starwars18thscaledatabase

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    wasn't Power Of The Force 2 kenner?
    I think you're right.

If I recall correctly though, there was a grey period where Hasbro owned Kenner but they were still doing SW under the Kenner title. But I think that was around 98.

I forgot about the Endor bunker; the set as a whole wasn't great but the bunker as its own piece was pretty awesome.

I'm not so sure it's supposed to be the train sequence. It looks more like parts of the Imperial base on Mimban. At least the parts anyway, not sure about that arch thing.
    Hasbro, if you're listening, REBEL PILOT MULTIPACK! Rogue One: Antoc Merrick, Blue Leader. A New Hope: Theron Nett, Red 10. Empire Strikes Back: Rogue 4, Hobbie Klivian Snowspeeder. Return of the Jedi: Horten Salm, Gray Leader. All easy kitbashes, all unique, a guaranteed best seller.

Quote Originally Posted by wedgeswingman View Post
    I'm not so sure it's supposed to be the train sequence. It looks more like parts of the Imperial base on Mimban. At least the parts anyway, not sure about that arch thing.
    Hopefully Friday's SDCC panel will shed some light on this set and the rest of the line teased in the last Force link update.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123