Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ant-Man & the Wasp

It was okay. While I enjoyed it as it went along, and thought the action and dialogue were good, I was put off by the motivations of the characters - particularly the main antagonist and Ant-Man himself. The primary plot boils down to a very selfish motivation, and I question why Scott would get involved - they could've simply waited 3 days. On the other side, I wondered why the girl simply didn't ask nicely for help first, instead of just stealing stuff.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Especially since Bill Foster has been helping her for so long. It also made me question his morals, until it made them clear last minute. But the damage was already done as far as I'm concerned.

I too thought the overall plot was week, and felt it should have been slightly different. Or a different antagonist. The Actor who portrays her seemed out of place for that role, and I'm a big fan of her character on Killjoys.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Looking for JP Ellie, Grant & Muldoon
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    It was okay. While I enjoyed it as it went along, and thought the action and dialogue were good, I was put off by the motivations of the characters - particularly the main antagonist and Ant-Man himself. The primary plot boils down to a very selfish motivation, and I question why Scott would get involved - they could've simply waited 3 days. On the other side, I wondered why the girl simply didn't ask nicely for help first, instead of just stealing stuff.
    I can see where you are coming from. I didn't delve too deep into the plot for the movie, but you aren't wrong. Putting the plot discussion in Spoiler, but honestly if you haven't watched the movie what are you doing in here?

Spoiler:  
    I felt that the plot was pretty simple. Hope and Hank are trying to figure out how they can at least find out if Janet is still out there. Scott basically was involved because he felt bad that he got them in a lot of trouble by going with Cap and Bucky and not telling them. Ghost was sort of losing her mind and in a lot of pain and didn't waste time with niceties. She was interested in getting what she wanted NOW. They showed enough of her backstory to explain her motivation and how she felt slighted by SHIELD. The part with Sonny Burch seemed rather unnecessary but it gave them another obstacle. If anything I felt that part was the weakest.

Here's a great article that outlines where Ghost and Foster might have been before this movie. I felt it all made sense anyway.
    https://screenrant.com/agents-shield...ost-history/2/
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12